Can KD play PF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can KD play PF?

I know people here think KD could come here in two years. Who knows? Maybe. If he were to do so, without giving up one of DD and Ross and keeping in the starting lineup, could KD play PF?

Lineup if Lowry Resigns:

Lowry, Derozan, Ross, Durant, Valanciunas.

I like it.

Thoughts?

I mean why keep Ross when we could just get Lebron too?
    You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

If KD comes here he needs a Kraft Dinner commercial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      OG is our king

Comment

Not bad .. kind of similar to what the Heat has been doing right?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

#durantproblems

Sure, he can play well in small ball lineups. But make sure Jonas learns to defend or replace him with a true anchor. It's one thing to go small ball with Andrew Bogut, Dwight Howard or Ibaka or even Birdman at center.

Also, why not just trade e.g. DeMar for a good PF in that scenario. You will have far less issues when facing Aldridge, Blake Griffin, ZBO, etc.
          Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sat Mar 22, 2014, 05:34 PM.

Comment

KD can do whatever the f*ck he wants on the court

So yes he can play PF

Or SG

Or Pg

Or Sf

Or C

or officiate

Or mop floor

Or lay the hardwood

Or rip your heart out stomp on and leave you with 1.7 seconds of false hope

Comment

If the money works, why not?
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I don't think he could play it for an 82 game season without getting seriously fatigued and beaten up. Even Lebron has Battier guard the opposing PF the majority of the time, and this season they've been going to more traditional 2 big line ups a lot more.

I could see Durant finishing off games playing PF, but not throughout the whole game.

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
                  I know people here think KD could come here in two years. Who knows? Maybe. If he were to do so, without giving up one of DD and Ross and keeping in the starting lineup, could KD play PF?

Lineup if Lowry Resigns:

Lowry, Derozan, Ross, Durant, Valanciunas.

I like it.

Thoughts?
                  Thats a pretty bomb-ass lineup
                  What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                  The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                  No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    KD can do whatever the f*ck he wants on the court

So yes he can play PF

Or SG

Or Pg

Or Sf

Or C

or officiate

Or mop floor

Or lay the hardwood

Or rip your heart out stomp on and leave you with 1.7 seconds of false hope
                    #Truth

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      I don't think he could play it for an 82 game season without getting seriously fatigued and beaten up. Even Lebron has Battier guard the opposing PF the majority of the time, and this season they've been going to more traditional 2 big line ups a lot more.

I could see Durant finishing off games playing PF, but not throughout the whole game.
                      Agreed. People don't understand the wear and tear it takes to play a guy out of position. I feel like people who suggest this have never played ball. Do you know how much work it is to go up against a guy who weighs 30 pounds more than you?? Lebron is a tank, KD is a stick figure.

Plus the skillset is different. The footwork is different.

If we ever got KD you let him play his natural position and move everything else around him. Casey better be gone or he'd make KD put on twenty pounds and KD would regress to Fat Rudy status.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Agreed. People don't understand the wear and tear it takes to play a guy out of position. I feel like people who suggest this have never played ball. Do you know how much work it is to go up against a guy who weighs 30 pounds more than you?? Lebron is a tank, KD is a stick figure.
                        Especially when it's a guard moving into the post. The amount of pushing required from your legs and strain on your lower back can kill a guy on the offensive side of the ball.

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                          Thats a pretty bomb-ass lineup
                          The question is, can we keep Greivous, Patterson, Amir and make the payroll work with all the cap rule?

C'mon Lieweke!

Comment

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rd-permanently

Comment

If we resign Patterson we could start him at PF and slide Ross into the 6th man role. We could also draft a PF this year or next year before we sign KD. I'd imagine Amir will be gone if we're going for KD. I don't think he'll be cheap enough for us to resign in addition to giving KD max money.
                              If Ujiri finds a Faried type talent in this years draft the whole PF discussion will be moot.

Comment

Working...
                              X