Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody who boos John Salmons on Sunday is not a Raptors fan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Yeah, the last thing we want is a rep like Philly's fans

    Comment


    • #17
      Ross was injured.
      Mamba Mentality

      Comment


      • #18
        Matt52 wrote: View Post
        There was a tweet that lewenberg had last night where salmons was devastated, head down, back towards lockeroom.

        I coach kids and parents often scream from stands things like, "put the ball in the hoop!!" When a kid misses a layup. Last time it happened I turned around and said to him, "do you think he tried to miss?" Response: "what? Ummm..." Again, "do you think he tried to miss?" Response: "no." Me: Well leave him alone. With that *silence*

        Salmons while making millions and 34 didn't try to miss. I'm pretty sure if he did he would be up on charges. So boo him? Fuck no. All that will do is make word around the league amongst players and not in a positive light. If guys were upset about booing Bargnani, you can only imagine how they'll feel listening to salmons get booed.

        Shit happens...... And Ross should have been in the game..... Damn you Casey.
        Ross had a minor hip injury and was left out just as a precaution.

        Comment


        • #19
          white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Yeah, the last thing we want is a rep like Philly's fans
          They booed Santa Claus!
          http://www.snopes.com/holidays/chris...iladelphia.asp
          It’s Ogugua season. Time to gugua.

          Comment


          • #20
            Booing is a part of the fan experience when at a game. Unfortunately sometimes it is easier to boo your own team than it is the opposition when the team or a player on that team made a mistake. Sometimes booing is done not at a specific player but at an organization that has put a lousy team together.

            With that said.. this year's Raptors (except for the first 20 or so games) have been so good. There should be no reason to boo any player that is on this squad. It would be shameful if that happened. But you can't control what others do. Heck people still boo when they don't get a free slice of cardboard.

            If someone does boo Salmons at the game I hope someone else that's sitting next to that person blasts them one. Salmon's confidence is shaken. A lot of sport is mental. Don't want to make it worse on the guy when he's going to be an important cog for the playoffs.

            Comment


            • #21
              No booing.

              Cheer as hard as possible next game and help the team bounce back after losing the worst heartbreaker of the season.
              OG is our king

              Comment


              • #22
                We should not get the opportunity to boo Salmons. Fields should play Sunday and Salmons should have time to reflect on the bench.

                Comment


                • #23
                  mike, prague wrote: View Post
                  Ross had a minor hip injury and was left out just as a precaution.
                  Must be a recurring year long injury.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Definitely do not boo Salmons. But Lewenberg doesn't have to go completely to the other extreme and start giving Salmons extra credit for the team's success, that he doesn't deserve, just to make a point. We get it, already. No booing.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Jangles wrote: View Post
                      Can we boo Casey instead?
                      Ha. If only...
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        TRex wrote: View Post
                        Ross was injured.
                        Based on Casey's track record, would that have actually made a difference? Ross wasn't coming back into the game regardless because vets win games.

                        Hope Salmons doesn't play Sunday though. His confidence has to be absolutely shot. He definitely shouldn't be booed. Yes, he messed up (and I was honestly pretty pissed about it) but he honestly shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with. He's been awful offensively and defensively ever since his back issues started flaring up. Issues with the back affect someone's whole game. He should be resting his back up since, given he's the one on the team with the most playoff experience AND Casey's love of vets above everything, he'll be needed more down the stretch. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at Casey for not resting him, his body clearly needs the rest.

                        Honestly, I'd LOVE if we cheered him next time he hits the court. Let him AND the other Raptors know that we got their back, regardless of what happens.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Just Is wrote: View Post
                          Based on Casey's track record, would that have actually made a difference? Ross wasn't coming back into the game regardless because vets win games.

                          Hope Salmons doesn't play Sunday though. His confidence has to be absolutely shot.

                          Honestly, I'd LOVE if we cheered him next time he hits the court. Let him AND the other Raptors know that we got their back, regardless of what happens.
                          Yeh there's no way Ross was coming back. the cynic in me wonders if he even was injured.


                          Ok, he probably was

                          But yeh I obviously wouldn't boo Salmons if I was there, but I am never one to get overly excited when he gets into the game at the best of times either. I guess a hearty cheer en masse would send a really good message to all the raptors players though, very good point.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Raps fans booed Bargs when he was still here, so I don't see any reason why they shouldn't boo Salmons either (just for that game tho lol). Come to think of it, this is strike 2 for Salmons (strike 1 was when he snaked BC last minute and went to sac town, claiming it was "God's will").

                            Maybe the booing could help him snap out of it, he may be a key player today. Then the fans could cheer him after, esp if the team wins.

                            He's a vet, he messed up, he pays for it. Toronto fans want (are desperate for) winners.

                            I still thought Casey should have put in Ross/Fields instead of Salmons tho.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              2KJ wrote: View Post
                              Raps fans booed Bargs when he was still here, so I don't see any reason why they shouldn't boo Salmons either (just for that game tho lol). Come to think of it, this is strike 2 for Salmons (strike 1 was when he snaked BC last minute and went to sac town, claiming it was "God's will").

                              Maybe the booing could help him snap out of it, he may be a key player today. Then the fans could cheer him after, esp if the team wins.

                              He's a vet, he messed up, he pays for it. Toronto fans want (are desperate for) winners.

                              I still thought Casey should have put in Ross/Fields instead of Salmons tho.
                              why the fuck would booing help him snap out of it? jesus christ. its one thing for a player to get hyped up by opposing fans booing, but your own fans? just pathetic.

                              i'm sure he already feels like absolute shit after the OKC game. don't think he needs a reminder from idiot fans.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                2KJ wrote: View Post
                                Raps fans booed Bargs when he was still here, so I don't see any reason why they shouldn't boo Salmons either (just for that game tho lol). Come to think of it, this is strike 2 for Salmons (strike 1 was when he snaked BC last minute and went to sac town, claiming it was "God's will").

                                Maybe the booing could help him snap out of it, he may be a key player today. Then the fans could cheer him after, esp if the team wins.

                                He's a vet, he messed up, he pays for it. Toronto fans want (are desperate for) winners.

                                I still thought Casey should have put in Ross/Fields instead of Salmons tho.
                                Bargs deserved boos. He told that he was being lazy during practices to NBA media. Fuck him! He's no athlete in my eyes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X