Anybody who boos John Salmons on Sunday is not a Raptors fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody who boos John Salmons on Sunday is not a Raptors fan

Following Friday's heart-breaker I found it fairly depressing (and sadly predictable) to see several comments on this site from 'fans' saying that they can't wait to boo Salmons in the next game he plays. While there can be no denying that he's currently stuck in a fairly dismal slump, and that his two missed free-throws against the Thunder were a major part of our collapse, the idea that he should be booed for this is absurd.

Players miss shots. It happens. He didn't do it intentionally, and likely feels that he let his team-mates down. The only option now, for Salmons, the team and the fans, is to try and move on from Friday and focus on the rest of the season.

The Raptors are attempting to secure home advantage for the play-offs - something very few people would have predicted at the start of the season. Like it or not Salmons has been a part of this journey, and the last thing the team needs is for the fans to turn against one of their own players for the heinous crime of missing a couple of big free-throws, raking up muck from a lost game when the only sensible (and decent) thing to do is move on. Anybody who decides to boo Salmons on Sunday or any other home match isn't supporting the Raptors.

Better peeps stay calm. Shit happens. We have a right to blame Salmons, but it's just one game. He doesn't deserve any boos. Move on now.

Great tweet from Josh.

Comment

i havent read anyone actually booing him but yes i agree it would be lame.

Comment

Either they posted that while angry and have calmed down or they are pretty crappy fans.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I don't think it's salmons to blame for being over used. Guy's NBA old, that isn't on him...

Doesn't mean I can't be a little bitter about it though. Certainly not deserving of a booing at the same time, more of an under the breath cursing and move on with life situation

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            Better peeps stay calm. Shit happens. We have a right to blame Salmons, but it's just one game. He doesn't deserve any boos. Move on now.

Great tweet from Josh.
            I agree. Booing Salmons would be embarassing. Time to move on.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Noone is gonna boo him he just fucked up its not his fault hes old as hell looooool Casey just shouldnt play him

We only boo assholes except for Rudy he didnt deserve any boo's
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

This is a tight team....if that happens it could be very demoralizing for the team and lead to "fuck it" losses. If Greives wasnt called on that crap foul he probably would have been in and no need for Salmons.

Comment

if fans boo him there all retards

if that happens dont be surprise if Klye lowry leaves and we dont get any free agents

Players want to come to a franchise where they know the fans will support them
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post

if that happens dont be surprise if Klye lowry leaves and we dont get any free agents

I think Lowry is the biggest free agent for the Raptors.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Can we boo Casey instead?

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post

Lowry already called out the fans for booing BARGNANI. It's just a terrible look for fans to boo the home team, let alone guys who are coming off injury or shouldn't be in the game.

Anyone who boos Salmons deserves a slap upside the head.

I think people should give him support and cheers, he was clearly beating himself up enough as it is.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

I think people should give him support and cheers, he was clearly beating himself up enough as it is.
                          This.

Comment

There was a tweet that lewenberg had last night where salmons was devastated, head down, back towards lockeroom.

I coach kids and parents often scream from stands things like, "put the ball in the hoop!!" When a kid misses a layup. Last time it happened I turned around and said to him, "do you think he tried to miss?" Response: "what? Ummm..." Again, "do you think he tried to miss?" Response: "no." Me: Well leave him alone. With that *silence*

Salmons while making millions and 34 didn't try to miss. I'm pretty sure if he did he would be up on charges. So boo him? Fuck no. All that will do is make word around the league amongst players and not in a positive light. If guys were upset about booing Bargnani, you can only imagine how they'll feel listening to salmons get booed.

Shit happens...... And Ross should have been in the game..... Damn you Casey.

Comment

Another good tweet from Lewenberg.

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/...525440/photo/1

Comment

Working...
                              X