Team before all - deep heaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    are they all heaves attempted before the clock ran out?
    yes. info is in the last 2 columns in the "Shooting" section.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2014.html
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      I find it funny that guys would be concerned about their stats by taking shots like that.. where was your head when you decided to take a 19 foot 2 point shot with more than 15 seconds left in the shot clock?
      Yes. You are likely put in this position once a game or once every 2 games. If your stats are so that 1-near automatic missed FG per game will ruin you, your game has bigger holes that you should worry about...

I absolutely hate when Demar does this. In these situations he should just run up the court and let someone else take the inbounds pass in the backcourt.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Anyone ever notice DD often waits until after the buzzer?

Anyone ever notice Lowry does not?
        I have noticed that Lowry heaves it, although I hadn't noticed that Derozan doesn't.

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I'm on the fence on this issue.

From a team perspective, you want half-court heaves. Even a slight chance of making the shot is better than none.

But from a player's perspective, there are still some front offices who may not have fully embraced the analytics movement yet, and therefore would simply look at a player's FG% when making personnel decisions.
        Axel wrote: View Post
        If a player is very concerned about though, then they could easily get their agent to do the analytic work and present it at negotiations.
        This is exactly the point I was going to make. If your agent can't do a simple calculation... also, as a player I would be very concerned about signing with a team that didn't track the difference...
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
          This is exactly the point I was going to make. If your agent can't do a simple calculation... also, as a player I would be very concerned about signing with a team that didn't track the difference...
          I doubt it even goes that far, they probably just don't want to see the stat sheet at the end of the game and see 8 for 17 shooting, they'd rather see 8 for 16.

Rudy was right, ban the stat sheets!!
          /s

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            If a player is very concerned about though, then they could easily get their agent to do the analytic work and present it at negotiations.
            OMG this.

Why the hell would a player care? If you're that worried, you document your half court heaves and show the statistical difference.

NOT taking the shot is non-competitive and players should be ashamed to pass it up out of "ego" or "greed".

Comment

Even if you do count the heave in the grand scheme of things, how much is your FG% going to be affected? .01% maybe? Don't see why it's such a big deal to just throw it up.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

depends how often you shoot. If you shoot 1 heave a game out of the 6 shots you normally take...thats enough to dip you a significant amount
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                X