Duane Casey's coaching ability..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    Let's put it this way, the coaches in the NBA right now that I would take over Casey:

Pops
    Thibs
    Doc

These are probably the only guys, who, if brought onto the team next year, would really improve the team.
    Hornecek
    Budenholzer
    Rick Carlisle
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Hornecek
      Budenholzer
      Rick Carlisle
      Also the unemployed ones such as

Stan Van Gundy
      Jeff Van Gundy
      Lionel Hollins
      George Karl

Comment

Hornecek
        Budenholzer
        Rick Carlisle
        How could I forget Rick Carlisle... he's amazing

but Hornacek is unproven and has kind of caught lightning in a bottle like Casey has. I'm not sold that bringing him onto the team would necessarily help that much.

I don't really know Budenholzer that well, so no comment.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Stan Van Gundy
          Jeff Van Gundy
          Lionel Hollins
          George Karl
          But every team in the league could say the same thing. those guys aren't taking jobs for a reason.
          "Bruno?
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I like Vogel a lot.

Brad Stevens has shown very good potential so far. So has Steve Clifford.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

But every team in the league could say the same thing. those guys aren't taking jobs for a reason.
              those four guys are x10000 the coach Dwane Casey is

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Casey has done everything he was brought in to do. Change the culture and improve the defence. He also did a great job developing young players. Take your pick Amir, DD, Ross and JV. All having career years. No coach is perfect. I don't think Casey is a finished product either. To me if he wins a series his the best coach in Raptor history. He has now 100 win as raptor coach. Only 3 other coaches have done that with the raptors Mitchell and Wilkins. This team is the fastest team to clinch a playoffs berth. Teams second ever Atlantic division title. I except this team to make it to the second round and if they do Masai going to have a hard time not re-upping on Casey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                With respect to the bold and the idea of culture change, I'm going to repeat something I wrote in this thread that was never answered:

Do we know why we regressed so badly on defence last year?

And if that kind of regression was possible, doesn't that suggest that whatever 'culture change' we might be seeing could have nothing to do with Casey at all?
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  I like Vogel a lot.

Brad Stevens has shown very good potential so far. So has Steve Clifford.
                  I agree. That comes from a more distant perspective though. A lot of fans and media members around the league are really high on Casey right now. A lot of people very familiar with the Pacers are unhappy with Vogel right now. I'm not sure those guys are doing anything Casey couldn't with their teams.

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  those four guys are x10000 the coach Dwane Casey is
                  Well that's an overstatement. Karl's had some issues, so has Hollins. I definitely like SVG but JVG hasn't coached in a looong time.

My point was that they're better than most coaches in the league, and I'm sure a lot of teams have floated them offers and been turned down. What we have is pretty good, so unless were getting a surefire thing, I wouldn't replace Casey.
                  "Bruno?
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I agree. That comes from a more distant perspective though. A lot of fans and media members around the league are really high on Casey right now. A lot of people very familiar with the Pacers are unhappy with Vogel right now. I'm not sure those guys are doing anything Casey couldn't with their teams.
                    Right, neither am I.

If I could have my choice of any coach in the league right now, I'd pick Carlisle, given his track record and his age.
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I just wanna pipe in here. I completely understand how last night's game could drive someone crazy. I really love seeing the young guns show their stuff.

But Casey's gotten this team to play pretty well. I think we should really make an effort and try and understand why he may have made those moves. I'm sure Casey does have a veteran bias (obviously), but there must be more behind those subs.
                      I'm going to say that it is Lowry who has gotten this team to play, not Casey. Lowry is the leader. Casey is taking too much credit for what the players are doing.

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      With respect to the bold and the idea of culture change, I'm going to repeat something I wrote in this thread that was never answered:

Do we know why we regressed so badly on defence last year?

And if that kind of regression was possible, doesn't that suggest that whatever 'culture change' we might be seeing could have nothing to do with Casey at all?
                      Due to the players he was given. He didn't really have an effect and gave lots of minutes to Jose, and kept Lowry on the bench. Again, Casey taking the blame/credit for what the players were doing.

Comment

• Coach said it last night. "When everything is going right the players get all the credit. When it goes wrong the coach gets all the flack."

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

There is so many things wrong with this post LMAO all I read is Im a homer because you just ignore all the bad

And no im not trying to argue with you because you clearly are not watching the same game were watching
                          Is Casey not in the argument for best coach in raptor history? Does he not have a top 10 defence? Have JV, Ross, DD all not had career years under Casey? Seems like I'm just stating facts.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Is Casey not in the argument for best coach in raptor history? Does he not have a top 10 defence? Have JV, Ross, DD all not had career years under Casey? Seems like I'm just stating facts.

What's our record in close games?
                            Why do we keep developing Grievas Vasquez over Terrence Ross?
                            Why does JV never play in the fourth?
                            Why was Kyle Lowry benched last year and look at him now?
                            Why does Dwane Casey love veterans?
                            Why does DD keep shooting idiotic shots?

Do you have answers for that ?
                            And please use some "facts" since that's all you say

Comment

Stan Van Gundy
                              Jeff Van Gundy
                              Lionel Hollins
                              George Karl
                              You were in grade 5 when JVG last coached. Hollins was let go because of his refusal to accept analytics and his anger at the FO because they traded Rudy Gay. I'm guessing you don't know much in depth about the other 2 either except they are not Casey.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                You were in grade 5 when JVG last coached. Hollins was let go because of his refusal to accept analytics and his anger at the FO because they traded Rudy Gay. I'm guessing you don't know much in depth about the other 2 either except they are not Casey.
                                So what year did you graduate " The Dwane Casey school of life"?

Just like DC you like to use age as a barometer for someone's Basketball Knowledge or Basketball Skill

Comment

Working...
                                X