Toronto Raptors VS Boston Celtics: Friday March 28th 2014 7:00 PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consmap wrote: View Post
    Is it bad that I want to commit violence on Youtube users who call Amir a scrub who shouldn't be wearing number 15?
    Dude...Do. not. look. at. YouTube. Comments.

Your brain will literally explode if you are exposed to too much YoutubecommentRadiation.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
      Is it bad that I want to commit violence on Youtube users who call Amir a scrub who shouldn't be wearing number 15?
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
        #team,,,, yeah team. Rudy's team is 23 games below .500, DeMar's team is 10 games above .500. Yup, just like Rudy. If only he'd performed like Paul George last night (6/22 for 19 pts). Then again, if Rudy had Hayes to play with instead of Cousins, his team would be much better too
        Exactly - Rudy plays loser ball for a losing club. DeMar tried his best impersonation - again, of late.

George? You know there are two sides of the ball right? You know George is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league right?

Back to Rudy? Hayes - what? Why is Cousins in this?

Playoffs are coming: Go Raps! (*notice I said "Raps" like the #team, not the individual*)

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Exactly - Rudy plays loser ball for a losing club. DeMar tried his best impersonation - again, of late.

George? You know there are two sides of the ball right? You know George is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league right?

Back to Rudy? Hayes - what? Why is Cousins in this?

Playoffs are coming: Go Raps! (*notice I said "Raps" like the #team, not the individual*)

I don't think George being a good defender should excuse his horrendous play offensive for a good bit of the season. Just like Derozan being a good scorer doesn't me we should just be satisfied for how badly he's played defensively. There are two sides of the ball and for a good while now Paul George has been bad offensively while DD has been bad defensively. That's just my opinion though. I'm not a Demar homer or anything like that I just think Paul George gets away from a lot of criticism because he's a good defender, which I don't think is fair. Paul takes just as many bad shots as DD and he's just as inefficient as DD as well. But I guess you'll use the whole he's a better three point shooter thing, which is a valid point.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I am dreading the playoffs. If Casey cant trust JV and Ross in a game against the lowly Celtics, no chance they get much burn in the playoffs. In turn I believe we will lose as a result. Real teams wont fall to what they did last night with a hayes/vasquez lineup in crunch time as we have seen against any real team we have played this year.

Comment

• Pill wrote: View Post
              I am dreading the playoffs. If Casey cant trust JV and Ross in a game against the lowly Celtics, no chance they get much burn in the playoffs. In turn I believe we will lose as a result. Real teams wont fall to what they did last night with a hayes/vasquez lineup in crunch time as we have seen against any real team we have played this year.
              I said Casey will lose us a game or 2 with his idiotic moves so I'm with you 100%. At least it will most likely be Patterson getting playing time over JV and not Hayes. But GV will definitely get playing time over Terrence. Salmons too. For a coach that is suppose to put defense first it's funny how much he plays GV down the stretch over Terrence. The thing I hate the most about that is not so much that Terrence doesn't get playing time but more so because they put the ball in GV's hands more than Kyle's when they play together and I don't get that. GV then ends up trying to do everything on his own and take over while DD and Kyle just watch.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                I don't think George being a good defender should excuse his horrendous play offensive for a good bit of the season. Just like Derozan being a good scorer doesn't me we should just be satisfied for how badly he's played defensively. There are two sides of the ball and for a good while now Paul George has been bad offensively while DD has been bad defensively. That's just my opinion though. I'm not a Demar homer or anything like that I just think Paul George gets away from a lot of criticism because he's a good defender, which I don't think is fair. Paul takes just as many bad shots as DD and he's just as inefficient as DD as well. But I guess you'll use the whole he's a better three point shooter thing, which is a valid point.
                When you play bad offense but at least play some solid D I give a guy a little more rope.

As for George, yeah, he's been awful. I don't see why any criticism of DD is turned in to, "Yeah, but look at Paul George!" You might as well say, "But everyone else is doing it!" Accountability is sorely lacking for DeRozan.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  I know you don't like Demar. I know you think Waiters is better (LOL). I also know you're just looking for any opportunity to shit on him. But we didn't even play Gerald Green last night. C`mon man.
                  Hahahahaha indeed. Though I think you know who I am referring to. Mack11 was not the only intoxicated one last night.

*Jeff Green

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    When you play bad offense but at least play some solid D I give a guy a little more rope.

As for George, yeah, he's been awful. I don't see why any criticism of DD is turned in to, "Yeah, but look at Paul George!" You might as well say, "But everyone else is doing it!" Accountability is sorely lacking for DeRozan.
                    No I agree, Demar shouldn't get away from criticism but I just feel you don't want to criticize George but criticize Demar when right now both of them are only good on one side of the ball. But I hear you, George does play better D and is a better three point shooter so I'll leave it alone.

Comment

• Demar is a poor defender and an inefficient offensive player. We would be better off flipping him to someone else for anything the same way we did with Rudy. When he got his second foul and had to go pout on the bench is when our offense picked up and the game was exciting to watch rather than an exercise in frustration like the huge stretch in the 4th where we were floundering under his All Star hubris.

Comment

Demar is a poor defender and an inefficient offensive player. We would be better off flipping him to someone else for anything the same way we did with Rudy. When he got his second foul and had to go pout on the bench is when our offense picked up and the game was exciting to watch rather than an exercise in frustration like the huge stretch in the 4th where we were floundering under his All Star hubris.
                        First off... statements like "flipping him to someone else for anything" drive me absolutely bananas.
                        Its such a ridiculous thing to say that I'm not even going to put any more effort into addressing it.

As for the rest of it, Demar shot 44.4% for the Game, and much higher than that in the 4th. The team shot 46.5% for the game.
                        And with Kyle going 4-13 (0/6 from 3) and Ross going 1/5 from 3, I don't really see what peoples problem is. I get the 27 shots is a lot, but its not like anyone else was looking to step up and win this game for us.

Comment

Demar is a poor defender and an inefficient offensive player. We would be better off flipping him to someone else for anything the same way we did with Rudy. When he got his second foul and had to go pout on the bench is when our offense picked up and the game was exciting to watch rather than an exercise in frustration like the huge stretch in the 4th where we were floundering under his All Star hubris.
                          I really liked the Raps in the first quarter with more of the offense getting spread to Ross and JV. The scoring inside and out that those two created in the first made them ridiculously hard to stop and would like to see that as a future direction. Rest of the game summed up everything wrong with DD, we stopped going inside to the bigs and settled for jumpers...

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          First off... statements like "flipping him to someone else for anything" drive me absolutely bananas.
                          Its such a ridiculous thing to say that I'm not even going to put any more effort into addressing it.

As for the rest of it, Demar shot 44.4% for the Game, and much higher than that in the 4th. The team shot 46.5% for the game.
                          And with Kyle going 4-13 (0/6 from 3) and Ross going 1/5 from 3, I don't really see what peoples problem is. I get the 27 shots is a lot, but its not like anyone else was looking to step up and win this game for us.
                          Even I wouldn't flip him for "anything"...but what he is trying to say is that we may not necessarily need an all-star back, but a couple of guys who would fit into the team system better, and would make us better even though their individual contributions are not as good.

Hard for anyone to step up when nobody gets a chance because DD goes off and plays hero ball.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            They will play Portland tonight. 2nd game of the back to back for the Blazers. Pretty sure the Bulls will win.

Atlanta and Minnesota are bad teams. I think the Knicks will get in and pass the Hawks in the standings. That's how bad the Hawks are.

Washngton? great offensive team but they're not gonna score much against this Bulls defense. Easy win for the Bulls.
                            Blazers won. You never no though I agree a Bulls probably have inside track to 3rd seed.

Comment

How many games have you watched this year?

Comment

I don't think DeRozan and Gay are in the same category in terms of "flipping him to someone for anything" as was done with Rudy. While I am not a fan of DeRozan's game, he has certainly showed himself to be EFFECTIVE on offense outside of a few games of late. Rudy was ineffective (outside of a few late game situations) and inefficient - double whammy.

Also, DeRozan's contract is not crippling.

The fact teams like Phoenix (reportedly!) were inquiring about DD in November (i.e. before he started playing well) makes me wonder what they'd be offering now.

If you trade DeRozan, you can't dump him. He is, afterall, an All-Star. They need to get as much as they can for him and hopefully, given the state of SG in the league, there are enough desperate teams to start a bidding war should Masai look to trade him (which is not a given, of course).

Comment

Working...
                                X