Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My take:

-VC as a backup SF/mentor for Ross, Derozan

-Landry Fields as backup SG/SF (given more minutes, shares time with VC)

-Jordan Hill brought in as backup C (Kaman isn't too shabby either, but Hill is a better defender and he goes hard in the paint)

-Sean Livingston?
    Last edited by YoungGunRaptor; Tue Apr 1, 2014, 10:17 PM.
    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

I think it is very possible that P. J. Hairston will be available at the 20th slot. Right now he is in the D-league after losing his scholarship and leaving college. Currently, at least one mock draft has him at 21. He is 6' 6" and 220, and would make a great backup at shooting guard.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
        I think it is very possible that P. J. Hairston will be available at the 20th slot. Right now he is in the D-league after losing his scholarship and leaving college. Currently, at least one mock draft has him at 21. He is 6' 6" and 220, and would make a great backup at shooting guard.
        LOOOOOOOOL if Ross cannot get consistent minutes at the Wing position what makes Hairston any different?
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I thought the question was "Who plays backup?" Ross is a starter, and will begin to come into his own over the next two years.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            Backup center (Emeka Okafor, Chris Kaman, Jordan Hill or a draft pick, etc.)

Backup wing (VC, Aminu or a draft pick, etc.)

3rd PG (De Colo or a draft pick, etc.)

I would not do anything else to improve this team this summer.

Valanciunas/Okafor/Hayes
            Johnson/Patterson/Hansbrough
            Ross/Aminu/Novak
            DeRozan/Carter/Fields
            Lowry/Vasquez/De Colo

Would you rather have this roster or having a rookie on the team?

Also, who would you switch for a rookie?

Another also: is this team possible?
            In the draft:

If you get Stauskas (or other 3 point shooting wing), Novak gets Fields duty. He can shoot as well, and actually does other stuff.

If you get a big man, either Hayes of Hansbrough get Fields duty. Okafor would have rotation advantage on Hayes because of height and there is no way Johnson, JV or PatPat get relegated.

If you get a point guard, De Colo gets Fields duty. He is the simply the third point guard. You would want your rookie pg taking his minutes.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
              In the draft:

If you get Stauskas (or other 3 point shooting wing), Novak gets Fields duty. He can shoot as well, and actually does other stuff.

If you get a big man, either Hayes of Hansbrough get Fields duty. Okafor would have rotation advantage on Hayes because of height and there is no way Johnson, JV or PatPat get relegated.

If you get a point guard, De Colo gets Fields duty. He is the simply the third point guard. You would want your rookie pg taking his minutes.
              Do you not know who Dwane Casey is? Aint no way in hell Casey is gonna let any rookie play more then his VETS

Comment

I thought the question was "Who plays backup?" Ross is a starter, and will begin to come into his own over the next two years.
                The backup will be whatever Vets Casey decides to play LMAO, Ross should easily be playing 35min per game right now so I dont see Casey randomly giving him more minutes next season

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                  My take:

-VC as a backup SF/mentor for Ross, Derozan

-Landry Fields as backup SG/SF (given more minutes, shares time with VC)

-Jordan Hill brought in as backup C (Kaman isn't too shabby either, but Hill is a better defender and he goes hard in the paint)

-Sean Livingston?
                  I like that VC mentoring some moves. It'll help him improve his 3 Point and better dribbling.
                  Nevermind what haters say,
                  ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    The backup will be whatever Vets Casey decides to play LMAO, Ross should easily be playing 35min per game right now so I dont see Casey randomly giving him more minutes next season
                    There must be some vets Casey wouldn't play over youngsters. Somewhere out there, in all the universe.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      There must be some vets Casey wouldn't play over youngsters. Somewhere out there, in all the universe.
                      If they're older than 28 Casey will play em

Comment

Doesn't matter what the question is, Mack's answer is just some random dig at Casey.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          Doesn't matter what the question is, Mack's answer is just some random dig at Casey.
                          LOOOOL im telling the guy the truth any rookie we draft will have a hard time getting minutes

Comment

LOOOOL im telling the guy the truth any rookie we draft will have a hard time getting minutes
                            You think the rook we draft ~#20 should be a starter? Or the 2nd rounders? You make it seem like Casey is Larry Brown giving young guys 6 minutes a night. Ross has averaged over 29 minutes a game since the Gay trade, and was getting over 18 before the trade
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Do you not know who Dwane Casey is? Aint no way in hell Casey is gonna let any rookie play more then his VETS
                              Dang it, his dream lineup is probably:

Steve Nash/Derek Fisher/Ray Allen/Paul Pierce/Tim Duncan

With Chauncey Billups, Jason Terry and Kenyon Martin coming off the bench.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                                Dang it, his dream lineup is probably:

Steve Nash/Derek Fisher/Ray Allen/Paul Pierce/Tim Duncan

With Chauncey Billups, Jason Terry and Kenyon Martin coming off the bench.
                                Jamal magloire, jalen rose and Reggie miller highlighting the third unit
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X