X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YoungGunRaptor
    replied
    RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    Thank you for the compliment, but getting back to the task at hand.

Thibs does not really have to many rookies, or at least any that will make an impact like JV and possibly TRoss.

Also, he's Thibs. If LeBron wants to take a half court shot per quarter, Miami won't be mad.

If Chalmers decides to take a half courter per quarter then he's in the doghouse.

Same thing with Thibs and Casey. Thibs is better. He has more leeway, you cannot argue with the results he has put up this year.

You can argue with the results of Casey (i.e. Salmons, Fields).

Absolutely, and to add to that, look at Jimmy Butler. He went from barely touching the court as a rookie to becoming Thib's workhorse on the court. I think this is testament to the development going on off the hardwood and in the practice facility.

Casey though, he doesn't seem to deviate from one mindset, which I feel is not the way with which he should be running the team. He's definitely been making good calls, but some of the ones he does miss are sometimes all too predictable.

Leave a comment:

replied
    BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Dude you are underestimating Fisher. Fisher would be all-world under Casey. I can just imagine it right now, he'd never see the bench at all, it's a match made in heaven. Plus you need him for the last few minutes to make a couple of completely bullshit threes after going 0-30 prior.
    I forgot.

Fisher is our closer.

We can sell Terry's walker for some 5 hour energy for him.

Leave a comment:

• BigCamB
    replied
    For 1 game.

Nash's back will die, Ray allen will break his hip, Billups and Martin will forget where the stadium is, Terry won't be able to use his walker in game, so that's not good, Pierce will fall and not be able to get up, Fisher will fall asleep.

All we have is Tim Duncan, averaging 45/23 in 12 minutes a game.
    Dude you are underestimating Fisher. Fisher would be all-world under Casey. I can just imagine it right now, he'd never see the bench at all, it's a match made in heaven. Plus you need him for the last few minutes to make a couple of completely bullshit threes after going 0-30 prior.

Leave a comment:

replied
    YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    RaptorsFohEva, your comments are epic haha

But seriously, its no secret that DC relies on vets more than younger players. I assume this is because he does not want a game to come down to silly rookie mistakes.

But he isn't as notorious as someone like Thibs, who almost never plays rookies. At least JV is seeing the court for over 30 mins a game nowadays. T Ross should be earning that consistency any day now.
    Thank you for the compliment, but getting back to the task at hand.

Thibs does not really have to many rookies, or at least any that will make an impact like JV and possibly TRoss.

Also, he's Thibs. If LeBron wants to take a half court shot per quarter, Miami won't be mad.

If Chalmers decides to take a half courter per quarter then he's in the doghouse.

Same thing with Thibs and Casey. Thibs is better. He has more leeway, you cannot argue with the results he has put up this year.

You can argue with the results of Casey (i.e. Salmons, Fields).

Leave a comment:

• YoungGunRaptor
    replied
    RaptorsFohEva, your comments are epic haha

But seriously, its no secret that DC relies on vets more than younger players. I assume this is because he does not want a game to come down to silly rookie mistakes.

But he isn't as notorious as someone like Thibs, who almost never plays rookies. At least JV is seeing the court for over 30 mins a game nowadays. T Ross should be earning that consistency any day now.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    not gonna lie, that lineup looks pretty dope
    For 1 game.

Nash's back will die, Ray allen will break his hip, Billups and Martin will forget where the stadium is, Terry won't be able to use his walker in game, so that's not good, Pierce will fall and not be able to get up, Fisher will fall asleep.

All we have is Tim Duncan, averaging 45/23 in 12 minutes a game.

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    Dang it, his dream lineup is probably:

Steve Nash/Derek Fisher/Ray Allen/Paul Pierce/Tim Duncan

With Chauncey Billups, Jason Terry and Kenyon Martin coming off the bench.
    not gonna lie, that lineup looks pretty dope

Leave a comment:

replied
    e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Jamal magloire, jalen rose and Reggie miller highlighting the third unit
    Maybe we'll sign Kenny Smith as a free agent

Leave a comment:

• e_wheazhy_
    replied

Jamal magloire, jalen rose and Reggie miller highlighting the third unit

Leave a comment:

replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Do you not know who Dwane Casey is? Aint no way in hell Casey is gonna let any rookie play more then his VETS

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    LOOOOL im telling the guy the truth any rookie we draft will have a hard time getting minutes
    You think the rook we draft ~#20 should be a starter? Or the 2nd rounders? You make it seem like Casey is Larry Brown giving young guys 6 minutes a night. Ross has averaged over 29 minutes a game since the Gay trade, and was getting over 18 before the trade

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Doesn't matter what the question is, Mack's answer is just some random dig at Casey.
    LOOOOL im telling the guy the truth any rookie we draft will have a hard time getting minutes

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    caccia wrote: View Post
    I thought the question was "Who plays backup?" Ross is a starter, and will begin to come into his own over the next two years.
    Doesn't matter what the question is, Mack's answer is just some random dig at Casey.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    There must be some vets Casey wouldn't play over youngsters. Somewhere out there, in all the universe.
    If they're older than 28 Casey will play em

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    The backup will be whatever Vets Casey decides to play LMAO, Ross should easily be playing 35min per game right now so I dont see Casey randomly giving him more minutes next season
    There must be some vets Casey wouldn't play over youngsters. Somewhere out there, in all the universe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X