Raptors pre-playoff musings about Rounds 1 & 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Probably CalgaryRaps Fan. He doesn't seem to like what I post. He has done it to me before. This is a legitimate topic re tanking and playoff positioning these last two days. It was a big topic today on Sirius NBA radio.
    Yes it was me. As others have said, this thread had long ago become an "everything round 1 & 2" discussion. The very Tweets you based your thread on had already been posted in this thread and there was a lively discussion on the topic going on.

It's nothing personal dude, it's all about making the conversations as active and efficient as possible for everyone!

I've also changed the title of this thread to more accurately reflect what it has become, which is a pre-playoff discussion about round 1 & potential round 2 scenarios/preferences, from a Raptors perspective.

Cheers!

Comment

• Lol I like the politically correct renaming of the thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

• Honestly guys.

Indiana, and Miami, both knew thew were gonna finish 1-2 in the conference.

Both teams coasted like hell in the last half of the season.

I for one am not even remotely fooled by the losses both teams have encountered. And for a team like Toronto, or its fans to start talking about having an advantage against either team..... heh, I think thats a bit short sighted.

Toronto has a punchers chance..... at best. miami is stacked. Indiana is stacked.

Both teams have been coasting and resting.... both teams are going to kick it up a notch on the weekend...... Do we all truly believe that the Raptors have yet another clear gear they can put it into?

Really?

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          Off topic but I think we have a new primo pasta and sauce

Everybody go on pizza pizza website...it looks so awkward
          hahahaha thats great, I don't know why but I was expecting an awkward JV pose. Lol those deals actaully seem pretty good, if only the pizza wasn't cardboard
          "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Honestly guys.

Indiana, and Miami, both knew thew were gonna finish 1-2 in the conference.

Both teams coasted like hell in the last half of the season.

I for one am not even remotely fooled by the losses both teams have encountered. And for a team like Toronto, or its fans to start talking about having an advantage against either team..... heh, I think thats a bit short sighted.

Toronto has a punchers chance..... at best. miami is stacked. Indiana is stacked.

Both teams have been coasting and resting.... both teams are going to kick it up a notch on the weekend...... Do we all truly believe that the Raptors have yet another clear gear they can put it into?

Really?
            I wouldn't say what has been going on in Indy for the past month or so is coasting. Miami, yes for sure, but the Pacers have been struggling, and they are vulnerable. There is more there than just taking it easy down the stretch. I'm sure they'll get it together in the playoffs though.

Comment

• you might be right...but would you sleep on the Pacers?

Comment

• Indiana were desperate for the #1 Seed, they made that clear ever since they lost last season. They certainly weren't coasting.

Miami, I've felt they have been coasting all year..

And I ain't writing the Pacers off yet. Playoffs seven game grind should be good for them.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  you might be right...but would you sleep on the Pacers?
                  no of course not, but they can be beat, and it might not be Miami or a west team that does it. If there are chemistry issues with that team (have they been the same since acquiring Bynum and Turner?) then that could ultimately be their undoing. They will have a very difficult time CHI or BKN I think.

Comment

• Would love to see IND vs CHI ( not at the expense of the raptors ) I think that series could get downright nasty.

Comment

• buckets wrote: View Post
                      hahahaha thats great, I don't know why but I was expecting an awkward JV pose. Lol those deals actaully seem pretty good, if only the pizza wasn't cardboard
                      i am mad scared we are gonna have those stupid Pizza Pizza emblem on our jerseys once the NBA allows sponsor logo on jerseys -__-

Comment

• http://www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcentre/#id=30802 &id=13

hope that works..... Sam on TSN..... making sense as usual

Comment

• If we do play Brooklyn in the first round it would be hilarious (and a little sad) if Alan Anderson had one of his Kobe moments at some point like he did last year a few times lol
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Interested in self flagellation?

Down here in the states for a bit. Getting to watch some espn. Showed the nba playoff montage. No sign of the raps. No big deal. I expect that. Then on the morning show with Keith Olbermann, they had a basketball expert in to discuss the topic of teams losing for playoff seeding. He lamented that the raps were the third seed by saying "do the raptors really deserve to be the third seed because they won the division?" Arghhhh. They deserve it because they have the third most wins in the entire eastern conference. Division winning would just assure them the 4th seed. Unless you take in to account the fact that they are tied with Chicago and the tie breaker is being the division winner. But I don't think he was being that astute. What am I to do? I could try not to watch espn but it's like a train wreck....I can't turn away.

Comment

• We got worked over by the Bulls & Nets tanking their games. The Bulls fouling when up by 3 with 1:30 was classic. They even gift wrapped the game but Big Al couldn't make both of his free throws. Then going on to score 1 point in OT really capped it off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X