Raptors Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Central

Currently watching this spring training Blue Jays game in Montreal. Before the game they had a 30 min pre game show called Blue Jays Central. This is a SPRING TRAINING game folks. They have a pre game show and i think they'll have a post game show after the game as well. It got me thinking. Why can't the Raptors have something like this?? a pre game show and a post game show on a major sports network.

I know Jones and Hamilton on NBA TV Canada do a pre game show and post game show. But the coverage is pretty bad and not everyone has an NBA TV Canada channel. I have one and all they(Jones and Hamilton) do is ask CLICHE questions to each other and the other will answer the question with a CLICHE answer of his own. That's all they do. It's pretty bad. I stopped watching it long time ago.

Raptors need a REAL host to anchor the show. The Blue Jays have Jamie Campbell. We need someone like that. And we need a REAL analyst. A former Raptor player or coach would be great. Sam Mitchell? Butch Carter? Alvin Williams? the Blue Jays have Gregg Zaun who i think is great at what he does. He tells it like it is.

This is not a shot at the NBA TV Canada guys. I just feel like there should be Raptors pre game and post game show on TSN or Sportsnet.
    Mamba Mentality

TSN has too much Curling to air to worry about a Pre-game show.

Comment

Can't stand these major sports networks constantly kicking our team to the curb. To hell with tsn and sportnet
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Jays do WAY better TV ratings, and Rogers have more individually invested in the Jays. Unfortunately Raptors broadcast will not improve until:

1/ The Raps are consistently in the playoffs and grow their TV numbers
        2/ Rogers or Bell buy the other out and become the primary investor MLSE teams, and have more control on how the 4 teams ( including the Marlies) are broadcasted.

Comment

http://www.thestar.com/sports/2014/0...gs_mudhar.html

A bit dated but I believe outside the gta the team doesnt get many eyeballs. TSN does much better than Sportsnet as well. It'll come as the team keeps this up.

Comment

whats wrong with the pre-game and post-game show on NBA TV canada?

Comment

RaptorsForever wrote: View Post
              whats wrong with the pre-game and post-game show on NBA TV canada?
              Did you even read the OP?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                http://www.thestar.com/sports/2014/0...gs_mudhar.html

A bit dated but I believe outside the gta the team doesnt get many eyeballs. TSN does much better than Sportsnet as well. It'll come as the team keeps this up.
                Great find! Thanks man!

Taking this bit:
                “If you want to get great television audiences, you have got to attract the casual fan, not just the hardcore fan,” says Dave Hopkinson, chief commercial officer for Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.

“We know if the Raptors didn’t win a game this season, we’re still going to have about a 100,000 people on average for every minute of those games. That is ‘the floor’.

“But where we start to get a bump in our audience is the casual fan who (is) interested in basketball, if a basketball team is going to show them something. And I think this is a team that is showing personality, heart and a competitive spirit.”

This plays into the idea that Toronto has been a bandwagon town that loves its winners; though, in recent history, there has been little to ignite imaginations in the city other than splashy off-season moves.
                ...and putting it in the "Bandwagon" thread.

Comment

How about that brown guy from CP24 who covers march madness with Jack and Sam Mitchell (sorry I don't know his name, tho I know the names of the female anchors. He's the guy who anchors the breakfast show with the lovely Pooja Handa and/or Nalini Sharma LOL.)?

Then have Butch Carter as the main analyst. He seems to know his stuff very well and I like his interviews on Tim and Sid. Sam Mitchell seems ok too.

Comment

Working...
                  X