Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Playoffs aren't the regular season. The Nets are playoff tested, deep and are playing great basketball. Plus, the Nets are going to get every, single call against the Raptors. Derozan and Lowry will be on the bench in the first 5 minutes every game. JV won't play more than 15 minutes.

This is the same delusional thinking Raps fans had in 2007 about the Nets being too old, etc. The Nets are the last team we want to see.
    That is what I'm most afraid of.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    I had the Nets winning that series in 5 games. I think they won it in 6 games? i can't remember.

But anyway, that Nets team was just a bad matchup for the Raps. Raps won the division that year but everyone knew the Nets were the superior team. VC, Jefferson and Kidd that year were in and out of the lineup in the regular season because of injuries. If they were healthy all year they would've won the division EASILY.

This year's version of the Raptors and the Nets are different. Raptors are the better team there's NO QUESTION IN MY MIND. The only advantage the Nets have is they're more experienced. That's it. They're an old team. Slow. They're an average defensive team. Offensively, they like to play halfcourt style of basketball.

The Raptors on the other hand is one of the best defensive team in the league. I know defensively they've struggled the last couple of weeks. But that's because they played a lot of run and gun teams. That's where their defense struggles at the most. But against an offense like the Nets who likes to play halfcourt basketball? that's where the Raptors defense is at their best.

Offensively, the Raptors should be able to do what they want.
    TRex I truly hope you are right re Nets but I just can't get to where you are at.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    We can get to 50 wins if we go 8-0 in our next games. Only hard teams are Pacers and Rockets, who we could beat with the beef in Indiana and Howard+Beverly out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I would be very surprised to go 8-0. The raps will lose one game they should win and will be lucky to get 1 of 2 vs Houston and Indy. It is looking more and more like a first round exit.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Playoffs aren't the regular season. The Nets are playoff tested, deep and are playing great basketball. Plus, the Nets are going to get every, single call against the Raptors. Derozan and Lowry will be on the bench in the first 5 minutes every game. JV won't play more than 15 minutes.

This is the same delusional thinking Raps fans had in 2007 about the Nets being too old, etc. The Nets are the last team we want to see.
    I had the Nets winning that series in 5 games. I think they won it in 6 games? i can't remember.

But anyway, that Nets team was just a bad matchup for the Raps. Raps won the division that year but everyone knew the Nets were the superior team. VC, Jefferson and Kidd that year were in and out of the lineup in the regular season because of injuries. If they were healthy all year they would've won the division EASILY.

This year's version of the Raptors and the Nets are different. Raptors are the better team there's NO QUESTION IN MY MIND. The only advantage the Nets have is they're more experienced. That's it. They're an old team. Slow. They're an average defensive team. Offensively, they like to play halfcourt style of basketball.

The Raptors on the other hand is one of the best defensive team in the league. I know defensively they've struggled the last couple of weeks. But that's because they played a lot of run and gun teams. That's where their defense struggles at the most. But against an offense like the Nets who likes to play halfcourt basketball? that's where the Raptors defense is at their best.

Offensively, the Raptors should be able to do what they want.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    I said it before adn i'll say it again. The Wizards might be the easier opponent. But i want the Nets in the first round. Watching the Raptors play the Nets 4 times this season, there's no question in my mind that the Raptors can beat them.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    Well, if they go 5-3 it's hard to see them finishing worse than 4th. The Bulls would have to go 6-2 and the Nets would have to go 8-1 (Raps will almost assuredly own the tiebreak). Wizards couldn't catch them even if they went 8-0.
    Agreed. I was hoping we finish third but that is looking less and less likely, so 4th it is. I really hope we find a way to beat Brooklyn in the first round.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    I said it before adn i'll say it again. The Wizards might be the easier opponent. But i want the Nets in the first round. Watching the Raptors play the Nets 4 times this season, there's no question in my mind that the Raptors can beat them.
    And what are your reasonings for thinking this? Yes we did split 2-2 with them but one game was on a back to back for them which won't happen in the playoffs and the other game we won was the whole Patterson steal thing that most definitely won't happen again. We also struggle to defend them because they have so many good one on one players and we don't guard the three well as a team. So I would really like to know why you're so confident? Maybe you're points will put me at ease a bit.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    I think we go 5-3. I don't know where we land up with that record but I don't think it will be 3rd.
    Well, if they go 5-3 it's hard to see them finishing worse than 4th. The Bulls would have to go 6-2 and the Nets would have to go 8-1 (Raps will almost assuredly own the tiebreak). Wizards couldn't catch them even if they went 8-0.

Leave a comment:

• jacobdr4
    replied
    This exactly. I dont want to play the easier team and sail through the first round. I want them to fight and gain some recognition by the beating the nets who the American media are deeming the team that could challenge miami.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    I think we go 5-3. I don't know where we land up with that record but I don't think it will be 3rd.

Leave a comment:

• RepTdot
    replied
    great breakdown Axel, I think the numbers and common basketball sense speak for themselves...right now the best case scenario is Raps finish 3rd, Mia finish 1st. 1st rd- we match up against Was & 2nd rd- a struggling Pacers in a funk.

We have two tough match ups against contenders in Hou & Ind which will a real test for us against true contenders...after that the schedule is a joke except I would not just overlook the Knicks right now cause we have 2 games left against em and they are desperate & hungry right now for that 8 seed with ATL sinking...we're looking realistically at going 5-3 or 6-2 the rest of the way

Leave a comment:

• JordanMariam14
    replied
    But of course, we may not even beat the 6 easy teams

Leave a comment:

• JordanMariam14
    replied
    We can get to 50 wins if we go 8-0 in our next games. Only hard teams are Pacers and Rockets, who we could beat with the beef in Indiana and Howard+Beverly out.

Leave a comment:

• ezz_bee
    replied
    Definitely appreciate the effort and very useful determine some things that are worth addressing.

The fact that we don't have a clear advantage head to head vs. the Nets, Bulls, or Bobcats is pretty discouraging.

Part of me wants the Nets or Bulls, just because we won't win unless we deserve it.

If we lose in the first round to the nets, the entire post-gay season will have been a waste.
    Last edited by ezz_bee; Wed Apr 2, 2014, 08:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X