Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 66 of 82: Toronto Raptors @ New Orleans Pelicans, Friday March 8th, 8 PM Eastern on Sportsnet ONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 66 of 82: Toronto Raptors @ New Orleans Pelicans, Friday March 8th, 8 PM Eastern on Sportsnet ONE

This is my first game thread. I figure maybe it's good karma to help get this new board on the right track, as I've been bitching about it a lot...also the old game thread is fucked so here we are

The 46-19 2nd seed Raptors visit the 12th seed 30-36 New Orleans Pelicans. The Pelicans are not to be taken lightly, coming off 3 straight wins including @Nuggets and @Jazz. Their Jazz rematch is tonight before awaiting the Dinos to come to the Big Easy.

OUT: Fred Van Vleet, Toronto (thumb)

QUESTIONABLE: Jahlil Okafor, New Orleans (ankle)

LOADS ALWAYS MANAGED: Kawhi Leonard, Toronto (he stay), Unibrow, New Orleans (he gone)

Your starting lineups guess:
    Kyle Lowry -- Jrue Holiday
    Danny Green -- Elfrid Payton
    Kawhi Leonard -- Kenrich Williams
    Pascal Siakam -- Unibrow Davis
    Marc Gasol -- Julius Randle

Our Keg Key Matchup (Brought to you by the Keg. Great Food. Great Friends. SEE YOU TONIGHT):

The BullDog From Bay Street

VS

Whu? Holiday

Both teams point guards have been playing exceptional basketball in the last few weeks. Kyle had a rough night last night however. May come down to whichever one of these guys scores a more efficient 20+ points
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

RR OG with the rescue. Take us to promise land Keon
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      RR OG with the rescue. Take us to promise land Keon
      Dont worry, I got us

Comment

Serge deserves the start in this one. He was awesome last night. Keep that momentum rolling I say.

The Brow/Randle make a smallish front court anyway. Serge/Siakam should be able to handle that easily.

Comment

Also who the f@ck is Kenrich Williams?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Serge deserves the start in this one. He was awesome last night. Keep that momentum rolling I say.

The Brow/Randle make a smallish front court anyway. Serge/Siakam should be able to handle that easily.

What momentum? We got pretty spanked at home lol. It seems like no matter what, each guy has a good game with the starters and each guy has a shit game if hes with the bench. Hmm I wonder why..

I get the whole match ups thing but with a month to go I'd prefer nick pick a starter and stick with it. Right now we have 0 consistency game to game. Serge and lin can start learning each others tendencies. Get serge his fuckin pick and pops from 15 feet and hes gonna eat.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

What momentum? We got pretty spanked at home lol. It seems like no matter what, each guy has a good game with the starters and each guy has a shit game if hes with the bench. Hmm I wonder why..

I get the whole match ups thing but with a month to go I'd prefer nick pick a starter and stick with it. Right now we have 0 consistency game to game. Serge and lin can start learning each others tendencies. Get serge his fuckin pick and pops from 15 feet and hes gonna eat.
              The Raptors were great in the 1st and 3rd last night.. Coincidentally those were the quarters that Serge was playing heavy minutes. Serge had like 5 blocks in the 3rd quarter alone. The bench lost us last night's game. So by "momentum" I mean keep that starting unit (with Serge) clicking so that they continue to gel when we get into the playoffs.

PS - I prefer Serge over Gasol. I don't really get the Gasol love around here. He can pass but he's not doing much else.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Dont worry, I got us
                Last Raptor loyalist who said that got shipped out of here. lol.

Comment

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

The Raptors were great in the 1st and 3rd last night.. Coincidentally those were the quarters that Serge was playing heavy minutes. Serge had like 5 blocks in the 3rd quarter alone. The bench lost us last night's game. So by "momentum" I mean keep that starting unit (with Serge) clicking so that they continue to gel when we get into the playoffs.

PS - I prefer Serge over Gasol. I don't really get the Gasol love around here. He can pass but he's not doing much else.
                    The "gasol love around here" is that hes a bonafide decorated nba star just a year or 2 removed from his prime, still a better player than Ibaka. I'll take the 10 year track record over the handful of games with a new team. Hes still getting used to his teammates and playbook and where exactly he fits in the hierarchy. Doesnt help he has a different role every game.

plus in his 3 games as starter, hes averaging 16 pts 8 reb 5.5 ast

Comment

Tons of time off between games again. Kawhi should play and Raps gonna ball

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Last Raptor loyalist who said that got shipped out of here. lol.
                        Keon for another Kawhi? Sign me up.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Keon for another Kawhi? Sign me up.
                          well I'm like MJ in his heyday of these rr boards so that's a downgrade for yall

Comment

check out delons comment. lol i guess it was true that he wanted a trade. Didnt seem to upset on the open gym episode
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

check out delons comment. lol i guess it was true that he wanted a trade. Didnt seem to upset on the open gym episode
                              Lol he was GARBAGE when he played here. That's why he was the 11th man.

He was supposed to be Lowry's backup last year but he was so bad that an undrafted PG completely passed him in the depth chart.

It's EASY to talk shit and play well when you're playing for a bad team that is not going anywhere like Memphis. No pressure. We know how Delon plays under pressure. Good riddance.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X