Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 66 of 82: Toronto Raptors @ New Orleans Pelicans, Friday March 8th, 8 PM Eastern on Sportsnet ONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klay Thompson 9 threes and 39 points last night.

Comment

• Well Nurse made the adjustment by leaving two starters with the bench.

Watched the game last night between the Warriors and Nuggets. Kerr manages his rotation so well like clockwork. He always would leave the combination of Durant/ Klay and Steph with the bench. Why it was hard for the Nuggets to make a run. The Nuggets bench was actually better than their starters but never sustained it because Kerr overmatched it by leaving two of his starters.

Nurse experimentation may result to a fruitful playoff run but he has to make up his mind before its too late.

Rhythm and Chemistry are premium when it matters most.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        Well Nurse made the adjustment by leaving two starters with the bench.

Watched the game last night between the Warriors and Nuggets. Kerr manages his rotation so well like clockwork. He always would leave the combination of Durant/ Klay and Steph with the bench. Why it was hard for the Nuggets to make a run. The Nuggets bench was actually better than their starters but never sustained it because Kerr overmatched it by leaving two of his starters.

Nurse experimentation may result to a fruitful playoff run but he has to make up his mind before its too late.

I have to look at the lineup chart when it becomes available (maybe it's out already) but I thought Nurse always had one of Kawhi, Kyle or Siakam out there last night. Well until it became a blow out in the 4th. The difference between last night's game and Houston's game was pretty obvious to me.

The reason it was close is the Raptors weren't taking it seriously at all.. especially in that first half. It really felt like a summer league game. But it's tough to get up for a team like NOLA without their stars playing.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Seriously though - if I were any other player on the team I’d have been PISSED. (....That clip of Kawhi ripping Serge’s arm off his shoulder on the sideline a couple games ago or whatever kind of gave me chills... that was not a happy look of chemistry. That was “get the eff off of me.”)
          Why was Kawhi acting like a baby?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            Well Nurse made the adjustment by leaving two starters with the bench.

To be fair, GSW has 5 all stars starting and another on the bench so it's a bit easier lol

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post

Why was Kawhi acting like a baby?
              I don’t know about acting like a baby. Maybe that’s what was happening. Serge was draped on him like he thought they were bros and Kawhi’s reaction certainly suggested he didn’t share that feeling. Must be personal dynamic stuff behind the scenes we don’t see. Could’ve just been a split second reaction and indicative of nothing... but I certainly read more into it. Maybe Kawhi wants people to take things more seriously? Don’t know. It was not friendly though...

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I don’t know about acting like a baby. Maybe that’s what was happening. Serge was draped on him like he thought they were bros and Kawhi’s reaction certainly suggested he didn’t share that feeling. Must be personal dynamic stuff behind the scenes we don’t see. Could’ve just been a split second reaction and indicative of nothing... but I certainly read more into it. Maybe Kawhi wants people to take things more seriously? Don’t know. It was not friendly though...
                We are going to go crazy trying to interpret every little gesture as a signal of Kawhi's long term future.

It is going to come down to four big picture things, and I have no idea how Kawhi ranks or weights these things:

1. Winning situation - if we make it to the Finals vs if we stumble

2. Money - we can offer more guaranteed $ than anyone

3. Weather

4. Family

If the last two weigh more than the first two there's nothing we can do. Just enjoy some great basketball while it's here.

Comment

• Load management for Kawhi tomorrow

Comment

• Load will be managed tomorrow
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Load management for Kawhi tomorrow
                      So now he's sitting every other game even if not in back to backs?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

So now he's sitting every other game even if not in back to backs?
                        Every 3rd game..and it is a back to back.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          Missed the game but looks like Lin played well. Happy for him.
                          14 pts going 6 / 9, with 2 / 3 on 3-ball, only 3 assists but had 4 turnovers in 22 mins. Nice to see him make his first 2 3's. Gasol started but played only 19 mins getting 4 pts 2/6 FG's and 0/2 on 3's. Only 1 rep. The game had too much pace and his game does not fit, no opposing match-up.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Every 3rd game..and it is a back to back.
                            Friday to Sunday is not a back to back even if it's an afternoon game
                            But I actually forgot about the Rockets game and just remembered him skipping the Detroit one.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Friday to Sunday is not a back to back even if it's an afternoon game
                              But I actually forgot about the Rockets game and just remembered him skipping the Detroit one.
                              Sunday and Monday is a back to back though. At Miami and then Cleveland.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/1104538479688470528

Comment

Working...
                                X