Houston @ Toronto 7:00 SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    Well I'm not surprised. He averages a ton of minutes and the ball goes through him on almost every possession. 12th is not good enough in my opinion in comparison to being in top 5, which he's easily capable of. Don't set your standards low. Its like saying my girlfriend only goes down on me once a month. Its not good enough lol
    k you're being ridiculous now. 12th is crazy good.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      obviously you're surprised and are just trying to backpedal with your response. top 12 isn't good enough for you? who do you think he is? lebron? oh wait, lebron is 13th in # of drives.

all of those top players 'average tons of minutes' per game.

demar plays on average 38.6 minutes a game. there are 5 players who play > 38 and they are:

james harden
      carmelo anthony
      kevin durant
      jimmy butler
      demar derozan

guess who drives more than all of them? demar.
      Backpedaling? Oh please. First of all wheres your Source??? Demar is ahead of Lebron because doesn't rely on driving bc he is an efficient scorer. And in that list of players who play 38+ mins he's still behind jimmy butler??? The first three guys fall under the Lebron Category: efficient and capable of doing other things on the court like defence (with the exception). Stop being so condescending. Everyone's entitled to their own opionion
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        k you're being ridiculous now. 12th is crazy good.
        Good but not great. Sorry but I have high standards. That's why I'm not surprised by his position at 12.
        Last edited by Ambidextrious; Thu Apr 3, 2014, 10:11 PM.
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• Just looked it up. He's 14th in total points on drives. That's crazy. I didn't think he was that good.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Good but not great. Sorry but I have high standards. That's why I'm not surprised by his position at 12.
            I think that's pretty great actually. For someone with the lack of ball handling and lack of a good first step that he has being 12th is amazing.

Comment

• But when you look at drives per game and points off drives per game he's 20th. Not as great but still pretty good.

Comment

I think that's pretty great actually. For someone with the lack of ball handling and lack of a good first step that he has being 12th is amazing.
                Yess well i have to give him credit for making the most of what he has demar is a slasher that's what they do! He is a flawed player who relies on low iq plays far too often. A la midrange game. That's not winning or smart basketball. For me the only good shots are at the rim and at the three.
                Last edited by Ambidextrious; Thu Apr 3, 2014, 10:26 PM.

Comment

But when you look at drives per game and points off drives per game he's 20th. Not as great but still pretty good.
                  See what I mean? There's still room for major improvements

Comment

• And the only All Star or elite players that are ahead of his in drives per game are Rajon Rondo (normally would be an All Star), Tony Parker, and Goran Dragic (borderline All Star). The only All Star or Elite players that are ahead of him in point off drives per game are James Harden, Dragic, Kevin Durant, Lebron and Tony Parker. I think he's doing pretty well after looking at stats.

Comment

And the only All Star or elite players that are ahead of his in drives per game are Rajon Rondo (normally would be an All Star), Tony Parker, and Goran Dragic (borderline All Star). The only All Star or Elite players that are ahead of him in point off drives per game are James Harden, Dragic, Kevin Durant, Lebron and Tony Parker. I think he's doing pretty well after looking at stats.
                      Well, he's in pretty good company.

Comment

Yess well i have to give him credit for making the most of what he has demar is a slasher that's what they do! He is a flawed player who relies in his weaknesses far too often for my liking. A la midrange game. Just not smart basketball. For me the only good shots are at the rim and at the three.
                        Some midrange shots are good though. Yes there is room for improvement and I agree he needs to limit his long twos but I truly think most of that is because he just can't get to the rim every time and not so much because he doesn't want to. If guys play off of him he struggles to get to the rim even when he tries because his first step just isn't good. When a big man gets switched onto you and you can't get to the rim one on one you know your first step is pretty bad. I think that's more of his problem than ball handling. Terrence has a really good first step that's why it's easier for him to get to the rim. He just doesn't have it in his DNA yet so he doesn't do it enough. If Demar had Terrence's first step or any of those quick points guards first step he would be an elite player. I don't think first step is something you can develop though, it's either you have it or you don't. I believe.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Well, he's in pretty good company.
                          Agreed.

Comment

Some midrange shots are good though. Yes there is room for improvement and I agree he needs to limit his long twos but I truly think most of that is because he just can't get to the rim every time and not so much because he doesn't want to. If guys play off of him he struggles to get to the rim even when he tries because his first step just isn't good. When a big man gets switched onto you and you can't get to the rim one on one you know your first step is pretty bad. I think that's more of his problem than ball handling. Terrence has a really good first step that's why it's easier for him to get to the rim. He just doesn't have it in his DNA yet so he doesn't do it enough. If Demar had Terrence's first step or any of those quick points guards first step he would be an elite player. I don't think first step is something you can develop though, it's either you have it or you don't. I believe.
                            +1 cant argue with you at all on that all Valid points. I really enjoy reading your posts bro

Comment

+1 cant argue with you at all on that all Valid points. I really enjoy reading your posts bro
                              Thanks man. You are probably one of only 3 people who do lol

Comment

Thanks man. You are probably one of only 3 people who do lol
                                Sorry to be the one to break it to you....2 of those guys left the forum

Comment

Working...
                                X