Game 68 of 82: Toronto Raptors @ Cleveland Cavaliers,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post

We have 2 strategies at once. We're ultra preserving Kawhi cause regular season doesn't matter. And we're running Kyle into the ground cause regular season is everything.
    I listened to the game yesterday as I was driving home from friends. Jack had a good line and I'm paraphrasing but some guys need rest and others need reps. He pointed out that Kyle didn't actually preform as well after the nights he's took off this year. So maybe that's some of it as well. Kawhi wants to rest and preforms well after it, and Kyle preforms better without rest as the reps in game keep him fresh.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Guys, resting Lowry isn't going to happen. It's just not in Lowry's character. He'd just hurt himself trying to claw his way onto the court.

I'm all for keeping his minutes lower. Stagger units properly and run the starters for shorter stretches and he could be playing 32 MPG pretty easily.

We did it last year.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-vs-mavericks/

And the stakes are much higher this year. It isn't his call to make.

And in the off chance he's unhappy about it, well I would rather have a sulky healthy Kyle in April than a cheerful hobbled one.

Comment

I wouldn't even bother to watch this game till the half.

The Cavs are just gonna be gunning early, gives them motivation to go against the Raps. Raps are just gonna take it nice and slow while Lowry bricks 3's in transition. It will be close to a tie game at the half (or Cavs be up by a few points) Than the Raps will start playing and the human victory cigar (CB) will roll out at the 5 minute mark at the end of the 4th.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

The Cavs are just gonna be gunning early, gives them motivation to go against the Raps. Raps are just gonna take it nice and slow while Lowry bricks 3's in transition. It will be close to a tie game at the half (or Cavs be up by a few points) Than the Raps will start playing and the human victory cigar (CB) will roll out at the 5 minute mark at the end of the 4th.
          Or the Raps have learned their lesson against the lowlight teams and get out to a 16 point HT lead and end up winning by 22 with the starters sitting most of the 4Q....

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Or the Raps have learned their lesson against the lowlight teams and get out to a 16 point HT lead and end up winning by 22 with the starters sitting most of the 4Q....
            Nah its an away game, they usually always brick on the road with their shooting (last night was the exception ).

Comment

Nah its an away game, they usually always brick on the road with their shooting (last night was the exception ).
              Could well be. But this Cleveland ....CLEVELAND
              Pascal could get 10 just on run outs .... and i want to see OG crash the tin too

Comment

Interesting fact noted when the Raps set the new Heat record for 3 pointers allowed in a game at 21. It beat the previous record of 19...set by the Cavs earlier this week. They like shooting. That said, after rewatching the game with the Heat feed, it seems like we don't have a weak link we can put on the floor. That should be enough for the Cavs

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

We did it last year.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-vs-mavericks/

And the stakes are much higher this year. It isn't his call to make.

And in the off chance he's unhappy about it, well I would rather have a sulky healthy Kyle in April than a cheerful hobbled one.
                  Yep. One game. Big picture, wouldn't make a difference. They can rest him tonight if they want, but he's not taking consistent rest over the final stretch of the season.

In any case, they weren't chasing reps with their various groups this late into the season last year. Getting the Lowry bench and sans-Siakam starters working are important tasks (that it's annoying have been delayed so late into the season), and so they probably don't push Lowry too hard for rest. Best to just scale back his minutes.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Since Love came back the Cavs are 5-4 in games he's played in...they're not good but this probably won't be a cakewalk either. Love is also averaging 22 points and 11 rebounds on 44/46/93 in his last seven games, so we've got to shut him down
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Yep. One game. Big picture, wouldn't make a difference. They can rest him tonight if they want, but he's not taking consistent rest over the final stretch of the season.

In any case, they weren't chasing reps with their various groups this late into the season last year. Getting the Lowry bench and sans-Siakam starters working are important tasks (that it's annoying have been delayed so late into the season), and so they probably don't push Lowry too hard for rest. Best to just scale back his minutes.

The big picture is that the risk of injury is much higher on the 2nd game of a back-to-back, and against a shitty team like the Cavs we should not be risking it.

back-to-backs that are played on the road are significant predictors of in-game injury, generating 3.5 times the injury rate as those played at home.
                      http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17600760/dnp-rest-research-science-scheduling-sit-nba

Further, getting reps against a garbage squad like the Cavs is relatively meaningless. Nance, Thompson, and Dellavedova are all out. Guys like Sexton, Clarkson, and Love aren't going to put up any more resistance than our backups in practice.

We only have one more back-to-back after this and Lowry should have been rested for one leg on this occasion and the next. Given his history it's just playing with fire and totally unnecessary.
                      Last edited by Scraptor; Mon Mar 11, 2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

The big picture is that the risk of injury is much higher on the 2nd game of a back-to-back, and against a shitty team like the Cavs we should not be risking it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17600760/dnp-rest-research-science-scheduling-sit-nba

Further, getting reps against a garbage squad like the Cavs is relatively meaningless. Nance, Thompson, and Dellavedova are all out. Guys like Sexton, Clarkson, and Love aren't going to put up any more resistance than our backups in practice.

We only have one more back-to-back after this and Lowry should have been rested for one leg on this occasion and the next. Given his history it's just playing with fire and totally unnecessary.
                        Agreed. I'd sit Kyle one and sit Kawhi the other of these last 2 back to backs. But they wont, and we dont have another reliable ball handler. Yo what can Brown do for you?
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

Interesting fact noted when the Raps set the new Heat record for 3 pointers allowed in a game at 21. It beat the previous record of 19...set by the Cavs earlier this week. They like shooting. That said, after rewatching the game with the Heat feed, it seems like we don't have a weak link we can put on the floor. That should be enough for the Cavs
                          I watched the Heat feed too and found the commentators were very complimentary towards our roster, it took a quarter or 2 before they would settle on the correct pronunciation of our guys names. We are loaded with sharpshooters and have superior length. In Siakam's case - "I didn't know he could do that?".

Comment

If you leave a thread after reading it to the end (like this game thread) and then read other parts of the forum, you can't come back to this spot easily to leave it open for the game unless there are now newer posts made, since there is no "go to latest post" icon.

And if you just go through the thread title link, there is no option to go to last post there either. You have to scroll through each of 8 or 29 or whatever pages.

If this makes sense, maybe a mod can put this in the right suggestion spot for the site re-do as I don't know where that is either.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              If you leave a thread after reading it to the end (like this game thread) and then read other parts of the forum, you can't come back to this spot easily to leave it open for the game unless there are now newer posts made, since there is no "go to latest post" icon.

And if you just go through the thread title link, there is no option to go to last post there either. You have to scroll through each of 8 or 29 or whatever pages.

If this makes sense, maybe a mod can put this in the right suggestion spot for the site re-do as I don't know where that is either.
                              I've seen a few people say this but not sure why.

If there has been new posts, you click the arrows on the left side that say "go to latest post"...if there is no new posts, you click the arrows on the right side in the "last post made" column.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It was funny, some of our fast break buckets on the Heat game were so fast that their arena sound crew would still be finishing off their little sound effects for a Heat bucket (like a 3 or some other play), and the Raps would already have a bucket on the on the other end (before sound effect was completely done).

Comment

Working...
                                X