X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL @ Russell "Michael Jackson" Westbrook

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Technically, JV was held under 10 points in 11 of his 30 games here this season. He only broke 20 minutes in two of those games, though.

But Gasol is not the producer JV is and he should never have been expected to be. We're using him like he's a post scorer for some reason and it's going exactly as poorly as I'd have expected. Has the coaching staff never, like, watched Gasol play? He's very good, but he's not a scorer.
      It's tough to integrate players after the deadline. Most of the playbook is created in training camp. So Nurse plugging in Gasol to play like JV (for the most part - not all the time) makes sense to me.

But the good news is that Kawhi will be here next year. So we'll get a full training camp with Kawhi, Gasol and Lowry. And our team will be far more in sync next season when that happens. And that will really help when we try to win a back to back title.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

It's tough to integrate players after the deadline. Most of the playbook is created in training camp. So Nurse plugging in Gasol to play like JV (for the most part - not all the time) makes sense to me.

But the good news is that Kawhi will be here next year. So we'll get a full training camp with Kawhi, Gasol and Lowry. And our team will be far more in sync next season when that happens. And that will really help when we try to win a back to back title.
        Problem with that (I think) is that 2 out of 3 players you've listed will be way past their prime, chances to make it will be even slimmer.

Or was this intended to be post
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Problem with that (I think) is that 2 out of 3 players you've listed will be way past their prime, chances to make it will be even slimmer.

Good thing is neither one of those guys would be asked to be out 2nd best player
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Good thing is neither one of those guys would be asked to be out 2nd best player
            Yeah, but they will eat up most of the salary cap as well. So we most likely will have to rely on current asset development (Siakam becoming Giannis).

Comment

• Kinda goofy that 12 hours later, we still don't know from Ibaka's POV what started the skirmish. It's clear that Chriss said something to Serge while he was on the floor but was that it?

He'd hooked Serge previously, was that it?

He put Serge on the floor prevously, was that it, just a cumulation of physical play?

Was it the score and general frustration?

I'd like to know what Chriss said to him. I haven't even seen Serge asked what happened

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Kinda goofy that 12 hours later, we still don't know from Ibaka's POV what started the skirmish. It's clear that Chriss said something to Serge while he was on the floor but was that it?

He put Serge on the floor prevously, was that it, just a cumulation of physical play?

I'd like to know what Chriss said to him. I haven't even seen Serge asked what happened
                He probably told Serge that his lamb brain steaks suck.

Comment

He probably told Serge that his lamb brain steaks suck.
                  To be fair, that would set anybody off ....

Comment

• Dude who attacked that soccer player on the pitch the other day gets 14 weeks in jail, a 10 year ban from attending any games in the UK and a monetary fine....

Comment

I was being a tad facetious, but I'm in the "Kawhi Stay" camp. I think he's coming back. Gasol is old.. He's old now. He's already past his prime. We got him for 2 years. He'll be just as good next year as he is this year. But my point is that a full camp will only help integrate him better. We'll get a chance to figure out the best way to do that optimally.. it's tough to do that within the year when practices are slim to none and the general play book has already been written.

Lowry is going to be just as good next year as he was this year. So I'm not worried about that.

We have 2020 to start from scratch anyway as all our big contracts are off the books. We use next year as another shot to go for it. It could be "easier" next year too since GSW will most likely get dismantled. Bucks may be different too since they have so many free agents.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        Kinda goofy that 12 hours later, we still don't know from Ibaka's POV what started the skirmish. It's clear that Chriss said something to Serge while he was on the floor but was that it?

Yes.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'll just put that fiasco down to a trap game.

But I have felt for a while now that the load management Kawhi issue alongwith integration of new players are bound to have inconsistent lineups and play. Some turnaround between the Heat game and the stinker in Cleveland speaks to this.

And this ...

Comment

• Raps are 4-4 in their last 8 games.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Just checked RR Homepage quick reaction posts, man that place is more toxic than RealGM...

Comment

Yeah, but they will eat up most of the salary cap as well. So we most likely will have to rely on current asset development (Siakam becoming Giannis).
                                Is there really a concern that the bolded won't happen? I mean ... it basically already is happening, let's be real here. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X