Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Whoa you really do blast off.

As everyone has already said, numerous times, no one is arguing the west is stronger. Basically I agree with everything you're saying, you are absolutely correct. But the strength of the west has absolutely nothing to do with the raptors. Kyle Lowry didnt tell all the eastern conference teams to suck. So the strength of our conference shouldn't matter, the team has a strong record and is pushing for 50 wins! 50 dude! Lets rejoice! So to reiterate, you're right the west is stronger. But...

Who the fuck cares?
    Who said the strength of the west has anything to do with raptors? Not me. What the fuck are you still on this for?? Jesus Christ.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      The West has been stronger than the East for more than a decade. The biggest reason in my opinion is with how the draft lottery is setup. Teams that don't make the playoffs are in the lottery. A 47 win team like Phoenix (currently in 9th in the West) will be in the lottery but the Raptors (currently at 46 wins) will be picking 19th.

So teams in the West that are already good will get better.

Toronto did end up with a winning record against the West this year. So personally I think they deserve the Atlantic title despite being in the same conference as teams like Philly, Boston and NY.
      Our division was supposed to be one of the toughest. Philly and Boston were obviously tanking, but Brooklyn was supposed to be a top 3 team in the East (close but no cigar), and NY was supposed to build on or at least maintain last seasons run. Unlike last time we won the Atlantic, basically by default, I'm actually really proud of this one.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
        Who said the strength of the west has anything to do with raptors? Not me. What the fuck are you still on this for?? Jesus Christ.
        Dude you just piss everybody off. Jesus Christ
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          Dude you just piss everybody off. Jesus Christ
          hey hows your rudy gay being an all-star with the raptors prediction going?

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
            hey hows your rudy gay being an all-star with the raptors prediction going?
            Yea it didn't work out, maybe next year he'll make it with the kings. I'm still a fan of the gay. I hope the shacklemore kings actually make the playoffs next year, they got some serious talent

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
              Not sure I understand...Sure, the West teams get to beat up on the shitty east teams, but the Raptors, Nets, Bulls, Wizards and Bobcats get to do it up to twice as often..where as the west teams beat up on each other.

Agree that the 3-7 seeds in the east have all improved significantly over the season though.
              Note the slow starts I mentioned. If Horford didn't get injured, ATL would have likely continued playing well, and certainly would have finished above .500, and likely in the top5. Rose's injury certainly slowed the Bulls, and they looked like they were lottery bound until Deng got traded and Noah woke up saying no tank, no tank. The Raps were a .333 team until Rudy got traded. WAS started slow as well, and I think the Cats were 10 games or more under at one point. If those teams had started the season playing like they are now, I suspect the East would have produced at least 4 50 win teams, maybe 5. Some of those wins would have come against West opponents, reducing their win totals. For example, the Raps lost to Houston, Portland, Denver, Golden State, and Phoenix in those first 18 games with Rudy. All decent to good/great teams, but teams we are more capable of beating now than at the beginning of the season. I haven't looked at the schedules for the other teams, but I'm sure one could find similar examples for them too. Point is though that playoff teams in the East are better than their records indicate.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                Note the slow starts I mentioned. If Horford didn't get injured, ATL would have likely continued playing well, and certainly would have finished above .500, and likely in the top5. Rose's injury certainly slowed the Bulls, and they looked like they were lottery bound until Deng got traded and Noah woke up saying no tank, no tank. The Raps were a .333 team until Rudy got traded. WAS started slow as well, and I think the Cats were 10 games or more under at one point. If those teams had started the season playing like they are now, I suspect the East would have produced at least 4 50 win teams, maybe 5. Some of those wins would have come against West opponents, reducing their win totals. For example, the Raps lost to Houston, Portland, Denver, Golden State, and Phoenix in those first 18 games with Rudy. All decent to good/great teams, but teams we are more capable of beating now than at the beginning of the season. I haven't looked at the schedules for the other teams, but I'm sure one could find similar examples for them too. Point is though that playoff teams in the East are better than their records indicate.
                sure, and if rudy gay were traded before the season started, we might have 60 wins. so what. records are what they are now, regardless of any 'slow starts' for any team. if portland didn't have a 'slow finish', they might be the top of the west right now.

Comment

I never argued this. I agree the 3-7 seeds in the east have all improved significantly over the course of the season, and prior to the season I expected big things from what I thought would be the top 4 east teams ( Mia, Chi, Ind, Bkn in that order) Particularly the bulls. Rose looked great in the pre season, but then the season came around and that was just a mirage, he wasn't right, and then broke down again.

I was just questioning this statement.

The main reason why so many West teams have such good records isn't that they are clearly superior teams, it's just that there are so many shitty teams in the East to beat up on. 9 Teams in the East are pretty bad.
                  Since I don't get how that favours west teams over east teams in any way, since obviously the east teams play those garbage teams far more. Toronto has played mostly shit teams for quite a while now.

Comment

I never argued this. I agree the 3-7 seeds in the east have all improved significantly over the course of the season, and prior to the season I expected big things from what I thought would be the top 4 east teams ( Mia, Chi, Ind, Bkn in that order) Particularly the bulls. Rose looked great in the pre season, but then the season came around and that was just a mirage, he wasn't right, and then broke down again.

I was just questioning this statement.

Since I don't get how that favours west teams over east teams in any way, since obviously the east teams play those garbage teams far more. Toronto has played mostly shit teams for quite a while now.
                    Myself, personally would put Toronto in front of Miami in that standings order

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                      Myself, personally would put Toronto in front of Miami in that standings order
                      Rudy Gay for MVP ?

Comment

Rudy Gay for MVP ?
                        This would be ideal. Yes

Comment

Working...
                        X