Game #69: Toronto Raptors VS Los Angeles Lakers - 14/03/19 - 8pm ET - SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #69: Toronto Raptors VS Los Angeles Lakers - 14/03/19 - 8pm ET - SN1

After an unexpected loss to the Cavs, the Raptors return home to face the free-falling Lakers on Thursday. Our Hollywood opponents have lost 5 in a row and 7 of their last 8, though they have a chance to try and right the ship with a game in Chicago tonight. The Raptors are locked into the 2nd seed, 2.5 games back of the Bucks and 5.5 ahead of the Sixers/Pacers, so from here on out the games are about staying healthy and getting our swagger back.

PROJECTED LINEUPS:

KEYS TO THE GAME:

1. Be Ready: Cleveland just provided a perfect example of how any NBA team can beat another if one of them isn't fully locked in. Let's not lose to back-to-back lottery teams please

2. 5-Spot: This might not be a huge issue against the Lakers, as they don't play that big, but Serge Ibaka will likely be suspended multiple games, which means extended run for either Siakam or Boucher at centre...unless of course the Raptors scoop someone up off the free agent pile

3. Just Win, Baby: Self-explanatory

LET'S GO RAPS!!!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Game 69

Nice.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

No excuses, plenty of rest after playing 3 games in 4 nights. Gasol needs to step up, he will have plenty of opportunity over next 3 or 4 games.

Comment

People are FINALLY starting to see it.

Magic.Johnson = all time great player, all time bad executive.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACen...41409496162304
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
          People are FINALLY starting to see it.

Magic.Johnson = all time great player, all time bad executive.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACen...41409496162304
          You see it in all sports. Gretzky sucks and making decisions for a team too. Usually the best coaches and gms werent elite players. Of course theres exceptions

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

You see it in all sports. Gretzky sucks and making decisions for a team too. Usually the best coaches and gms werent elite players. Of course theres exceptions
            There's exceptions like Jerry West who's an all time great player and also an all time great executive.

With Magic Johnson, watching some of his interviews, i don't think he knows what he's doing, he just relies on the "Lakers Brand"
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

So, looking at the sked, I think Kawhi sits 2 more games. We have 13 left, 1 b2b

Lakers Thurs - play
              Pistons Sun - play
              Knicks Mon - load management.

Interesting schedule note: after this final back to back coming up Sunday/Monday, we play off day-game-off day-game alternating until the end of the season. So, not a hard schedule, but no real breaks either.

10 games left at that point. 2 straight vs Thunder next Wednesday and Friday he won't want to miss. then a a poo poo platter of Bulls-Knicks-Bulls. Kawhi will sit one of those games I think, either the road knicks or the road bulls. To me if he sits the 2nd chicago game he doesnt have to travel there, and not a lot of travel after that. After the poo poo platter 3 we have 5 games left, all 5 are against fringe playoff teams/borderline .500 teams. I call this "the 5 mediocres" He should play all 5 to finish.
              Last edited by KeonClark; Tue Mar 12, 2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Could become an ugly game if they refs are live tweeting it.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  So, looking at the sked, I think Kawhi sits 2 more games. We have 13 left, 1 b2b

Lakers Thurs - play
                  Pistons Sun - play
                  Knicks Mon - load management.

Interesting schedule note: after this final back to back coming up Sunday/Monday, we play off day-game-off day-game alternating until the end of the season. So, not a hard schedule, but no real breaks either.

10 games left at that point. 2 straight vs Thunder next Wednesday and Friday he won't want to miss. then a a poo poo platter of Bulls-Knicks-Bulls. Kawhi will sit one of those games I think, either the road knicks or the road bulls. To me if he sits the 2nd chicago game he doesnt have to travel there, and not a lot of travel after that. After the poo poo platter 3 we have 5 games left, all 5 are against fringe playoff teams/borderline .500 teams. I call this "the 5 mediocres" He should play all 5 to finish.
                  You had me until all 5 to finish. ... I can see him taking one of those to prepare for the post season. We'll see.
                  Good break down other than that though.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

You had me until all 5 to finish. ... I can see him taking one of those to prepare for the post season. We'll see.
                    Good break down other than that though.
                    Yeah, I'd actually not mind if he sat game 82 vs minny as well.

another interesting note: games 78 to 81 are: magic, nets, Hornets and heat. 4 game mini series against 4 possible first round opponents who will all be playing hungry playoff ball already, each game with a day off between.

perfect tune up to ramp up for round 1

Comment

Is Lebron playing? If so, the key to the game is keeping him under 81. Could definitely see him trying to Lebronto us again.

Comment

Lakers down 34-16 to the Bulls after the 1st quarter lmao
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

lets see if gasol can try not to suck

Comment

Andre Ingram going to be playing. He was less cool linsaninty story last year. maybe that will fire Jlin up and he will have a good game
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

thihngs are tight right now between sixer and cavs too in philly. A 6er loss takes some heat of our performance yesterday
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                              X