Game #69: Toronto Raptors VS Los Angeles Lakers - 14/03/19 - 8pm ET - SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraptor wrote: View Post

This is why I don't get why you were against resting Kyle.

I don't even want him playing vs the Lakers on a sore ankle. The last thing we need is for him to aggravate it or overcompensate in some way and get more seriously injured.

We are not fighting for a playoff spot. It's risk prevention time.
    I'm not against resting Kyle. I'm realistic about there being a difference between resting a player who wants to rest and resting a player who would literally murder you to get onto the court. The discussions about resting Lowry versus Kawhi are not remotely similar because Lowry is not Kawhi.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Everyone tell me again how crazy it is to rest Kawhi so much.
      The Kawhi scenario has similarities to Steve Nash.... who stuck like glue to Phoenix because he viewed their medical staff as the reason he could keep playing at a high level for a lot longer than he might have personally thought....Alex McKechnine is the MVP... ....
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

I'm not against resting Kyle. I'm realistic about there being a difference between resting a player who wants to rest and resting a player who would literally murder you to get onto the court. The discussions about resting Lowry versus Kawhi are not remotely similar because Lowry is not Kawhi.
        They are similar in the sense that Lowry should know by now what we're playing for this season. If Lowry is making the call against the wishes of the coaching staff, then maybe he wants to get injured so he has an excuse in the playoffs again. *ducks*

Comment

Lowry's on my fantasy team and it's the playoffs.. so to help my team he should be out there giving it 110% and playing every game. So I'm against it for that reason.. and only that reason

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Lowry's on my fantasy team and it's the playoffs.. so to help my team he should be out there giving it 110% and playing every game. So I'm against it for that reason.. and only that reason

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

They are similar in the sense that Lowry should know by now what we're playing for this season. If Lowry is making the call against the wishes of the coaching staff, then maybe he wants to get injured so he has an excuse in the playoffs again. *ducks*
              Good call ducking.

That's silly. Lowry is acting exactly in character with how he has always acted. There are no surprises here. It wasn't surprising that Lowry tried to come back early against Philly when he was hurt, nor particularly surprising that the one game he's taken off this year was the game before a game against Philly when he had a sore back. It's not surprising that he's not resting here down the stretch, and it will be surprising if they convince him to rest any games short of a real injury, even though it's logical to do so. This is just who Lowry is.

The fact that Lowry SHOULD know better is hardly relevant given what we know about Lowry.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                Is there a button here where i could just jump straight to the last page?
                Yes. "Last post", little green or blue fast forward lookin arrows, depending on your colour format
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Good call ducking.

That's silly. Lowry is acting exactly in character with how he has always acted. There are no surprises here. It wasn't surprising that Lowry tried to come back early against Philly when he was hurt, nor particularly surprising that the one game he's taken off this year was the game before a game against Philly when he had a sore back. It's not surprising that he's not resting here down the stretch, and it will be surprising if they convince him to rest any games short of a real injury, even though it's logical to do so. This is just who Lowry is.

The fact that Lowry SHOULD know better is hardly relevant given what we know about Lowry.
                  Lowry acting 'exactly in character' in the playoffs is what we're all afraid of. *ducks again* After he meets his 65 game performance bonus, I'm guessing (hoping) we'll see some load management.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Lowry acting 'exactly in character' in the playoffs is what we're all afraid of. *ducks again* After he meets his 65 game performance bonus, I'm guessing (hoping) we'll see some load management.
                    Personally, I beg, I pray, I PLEEEAD to the heavens that Lowry is as good as he was in last years playoffs.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Personally, I beg, I pray, I PLEEEAD to the heavens that Lowry is as good as he was in last years playoffs.
                      Barring an injury, he’ll be fine.

Comment

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25783099

Demarcus Cousins on Warriors: They hate Kevin, they hate me...they like Steph...they hate Draymond

Can't say this guy doesn't get it lol

Comment

so I figured it out,
                          to see the post you have to click on posts and then go to the last page
                          EVERY TIME you go to a new forum
                          how annoying!
                          like I mean you have to be really dumb to this this is an upgrade

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
                            so I figured it out,
                            how annoying!
                            Possible your critique will fall on deaf ears here...

try https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...lletin-5/page6

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
                              so I figured it out,
                              how annoying!
                              I have zero problem reading new posts, or last post..not sure where the issue is

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

I have zero problem reading new posts, or last post..not sure where the issue is
                                Is there a way to go right to the last "read" post within a thread, or you can just go the last page from the little blue ">>" button?

Comment

Working...
                                X