X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors are actually pretty popular

didn't know where to put this, so:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/t...n-pro-leagues/

that's based on searches since 2004. Raptors fall firmly in top half of the league

cavs are in there because of LBJ. Pistons were peaking in 2004, so their numbers may be skewed compared to less inclusive analyses.

lakers are far less popular than the heat this year, but a decade of wild success will prop you up

its worth noting that the rankings seem pretty accurate for other sports as well
    Last edited by stooley; Thu Apr 3, 2014, 06:22 PM.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

I think we may have ourselves to thank for that. Google doesn't see borders so it doesn't matter that we're not watching espn. The raps have been mentioned to have a rapid and internet focused fan base.

Comment

I forget where I read it but raps are actually #1 nba team in terms of interests/hits/views outside of North America.

I wish I remembered where I read that.

Comment

I am surprised about the Cavaliers & the Pistons. Assume some of the hits may be attributed to from when LBJ was there and the after glow of the Pistons last championship.

For those who may not know, the 538 site/blog used to be affiliated with the NY Times and run/owned by Nate Silver whose claim to fame lately was predicting most accurately how and where (states) OBama was going to win in his elections...his statistical evaluation/polling is legendary.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I forget where I read it but raps are actually #1 nba team in terms of interests/hits/views outside of North America.

dont need a source bro, we all beleib you, raptors have canada
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            Is that photo what Demar is looking at in your avatar?
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Go Raps!!!
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                Is that photo what Demar is looking at in your avatar?
                im pretty sure thats what we are all looking at in all of our avatars
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  Never post this punk ass picture here again. This should be forbidden, unless he teams up with Rob Ford!

Comment

There's a long history of this. If you were around in the 90s you will understand. Internet was the only way to get Raptors news in Canada, so we built up a strong online presence.

Comment

We were/are still considered an "unknown" basically because of our geographical location, false image of a taxing city, cold city, etc., so the unknown always peaks curiosity in people. So, it feels good to know that the team everyone, including some in the front office, didn't think would make any noise, much less playoffs. I welcome that curiosity, so that viewers can get a real feel of our franchise and culture. Go Raps!!!!!!!!!!
                      The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                      Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                      www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                      http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                        We were/are still considered an "unknown" basically because of our geographical location, false image of a taxing city, cold city, etc., so the unknown always peaks curiosity in people. So, it feels good to know that the team everyone, including some in the front office, didn't think would make any noise, much less playoffs. I welcome that curiosity, so that viewers can get a real feel of our franchise and culture. Go Raps!!!!!!!!!!
                        I think the perception that we are a small market derives from our location - but not because people necessarily don't like Toronto.

It's because most of our fanbase is situated outside of the US, so american cable networks/websites don't have much incentive to follow us. But playing for the raptors obviously provides opportunities to market yourself elsewhere instead!
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

id like to see this. i find it hard to believe that any team could beat the lakers in terms of international interest, especially the raptors.

Comment

Houston definitely beat the Lakers when they had Ming

Comment

This actually doesn't surprise me at all. Raptors have some fans in the U.K As well

Comment

Working...
                              X