Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #70: Toronto Raptors VS Detroit Pistons - 17/03/19 - 4:00PM ET - TSN

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • golden wrote: View Post

    Anytime the team runs a scripted plays, we look like world beaters. That's one reason why the bench has consistently sucked all year. Players with less talent need a lot more structure. Nurse is letting everybody freelance and it exposes their lesser talent level. You have to believe that he knows this too and is doing this to develop everyone's playmaking ability for the playoffs, even if it means an ugly loss here and there.
    We just hope that we are proven wrong especially me about this coach, i would hate to see this team fail early.

    this is the season that we have a true MVP talent.

    We cant waste that small window to win it all.

    You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


    Comment


    • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

      Good for a fringe team...

      He shouldnt be the no.2 PG for a contending team like the Raptors

      and enough of this excuse that the Raptors would have lost badly if not for Fred’s made threes and his rare pass to a cutter.

      So dont get me in the argument again about Fred.
      LOL but it's true. Hey I don't love Fred either but he's much better than Lin and he played well tonight.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

      Comment


      • How did Nurse steal his job? A bunch of fucking assumptions and conspiracy theories. Bud and Messina were interviewed as well.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

        Comment


        • GLF wrote: View Post

          How the hell can you say something like that before Nurse even gets a chance to prove himself in the playoffs. Casey has proven time and time again that he cannot coach for shit in the playoffs. This game and all the other games we've played them this season, NOT healthy might I add, means nothing. Now Nurse isn't great but I for damn sure will never defend Casey after having him here for 5 years and seeing exactly what happens come playoff time.
          Casey has proven that he doesn't have a superstar in the playoffs.

          Every playoff series we struggled in was because the other team had the best player by far. Wall in 2015 with Lowry playing like trash, Paul George and then LeBron in 2016, Giannis and then LeBron in 2017, LeBron in 2018.

          Nurse doesn't have that excuse. Other than maybe against the Bucks or Warriors if we get that far, we will have the best player in every series. He better get it done.

          Comment


          • JimiCliff wrote: View Post

            The Pistons don't have another gear, and the Raptors players are just trying to stay healthy. This is a 4-0 or 4-1 series.
            EASY. I'm the negative one here usually but all of you need to calm down lol
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

            Comment


            • Even if we cant get that no.1 which is highly likely now...then at least we need to end the season with a better record against the Warriors.

              because as i said from the very start of the season, HCA is premium.

              Bucks is vulnerable if they match up against either the Sixers or Celtics in the 2nd round.

              The only regret I have is that Nurse’s idiocy as a coach to experiment may back fire with the losses that accumulates and us losing HCA against the Warriors
              You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

              When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


              Comment


              • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

                We don't have the damn luxury of mistakes and experimentation.

                We have ONE shot at the title. ONE. He needs to show the fuck up and get it done. You forced out the previous head coach and stole his job so now fucking produce.
                What? Casey was getting fired no matter what. How did he force him out? lol. Did you watch that Cleveland series? If Casey was still here after that I would have ripped my hair out. He got fired and Nurse interviewed for the job. I'm confused as to what's the problem with that. Why wouldn't he interview for it or want it. Casey is just being extra.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                Comment


                • So good to have Vanvleet back. With all the recent roster turnover, having another guy who knows what's going on is huge. Hopefully he's near 100% with all his nagging injuries; he looked better today than any other game this year.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

                  Comment


                  • GLF wrote: View Post

                    What? Casey was getting fired no matter what. How did he force him out? lol. Did you watch that Cleveland series? If Casey was still here after that I would have ripped my hair out. He got fired and Nurse interviewed for the job. I'm confused as to what's the problem with that. Why wouldn't he interview for it or want it. Casey is just being extra.
                    Masai was pissed with Casey after the Game 3 and the defense on Lebron's gamewinner, Casey was getting fired whether Nurse backstabbed him or not.

                    Comment


                    • It's pretty obvious now who the Raptors will play in the 2nd round. The Sixers. If Gasol plays like this defensively against Embiid, then it could be trouble. Drummond/Zaza completely outplayed Gasol tonight.
                      Mamba Mentality

                      Comment


                      • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

                        Casey has proven that he doesn't have a superstar in the playoffs.

                        Every playoff series we struggled in was because the other team had the best player by far. Wall in 2015 with Lowry playing like trash, Paul George and then LeBron in 2016, Giannis and then LeBron in 2017, LeBron in 2018.

                        Nurse doesn't have that excuse. Other than maybe against the Bucks or Warriors if we get that far, we will have the best player in every series. He better get it done.
                        Okay and there is almost zero chance we don't get to the eastern conference finals. Like I'm pretty confident of that. So what's the point you're making? With your logic that means as long as we get to the Eastern Conference finals, seeing as Milwaukee is only team that has a better player than we do, you'll be fine with Nurse? You seem to have lost all memory of Casey because of a couple wins IN THE REGULAR SEASON (which he's has proven he's always been good at) against a team that has never been healthy when he's played them. Lol. Panic if you want, that won't be me and I don't even like Nurse.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                        Comment


                        • The Great One wrote: View Post
                          It's pretty obvious now who the Raptors will play in the 2nd round. The Sixers. If Gasol plays like this defensively against Embiid, then it could be trouble. Drummond/Zaza completely outplayed Gasol tonight.
                          I do agree that Gasol has to play better defence because Ibaka can't handle those guys. I think the JV trade will be a bigger reason why we lose in the playoffs than Nurse to be honest. Well it's probably an equal mix but yea.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                          Comment


                          • A.I wrote: View Post

                            Masai was pissed with Casey after the Game 3 and the defense on Lebron's gamewinner, Casey was getting fired whether Nurse backstabbed him or not.
                            Nurse may not have stabbed Casey with the knife, but he might have given it a twist or two in the exit interviews. lol.

                            Comment


                            • The Great One wrote: View Post
                              It's pretty obvious now who the Raptors will play in the 2nd round. The Sixers. If Gasol plays like this defensively against Embiid, then it could be trouble. Drummond/Zaza completely outplayed Gasol tonight.
                              assuming we even pass the 1st round

                              Comment


                              • I only saw the first half, where, the officials made damn sure Toronto didn't bury Detroit early. My question to you guys, were they still a factor in the Second half??

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X