No announcement yet.

Game #70: Toronto Raptors VS Detroit Pistons - 17/03/19 - 4:00PM ET - TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'know what I find kinda crazy ... barring something wild happening, Westbrook is going to go on to average a Triple-Double for his third straight season, and hardly anyone is talking about it, even with OKC being 1 game out of the 3rd in the West. Nuts. Love him, or hate him, Westbrook is a one of a kind in NBA History.

Comment

Good sign doing Serge's show. I'd figure it was in the bag if he did an episode of Open Gym. That will probably not come until he re-signs, but it will be so good.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
        Y'know what I find kinda crazy ... barring something wild happening, Westbrook is going to go on to average a Triple-Double for his third straight season, and hardly anyone is talking about it, even with OKC being 1 game out of the 3rd in the West. Nuts. Love him, or hate him, Westbrook is a one of a kind in NBA History.
        People used to argue Oscar Robertson as the GOAT because he averaged triple double in a season. LOL. By that logic, Westbrook is now the GOAT? he's going to average triple double for the 3rd straight year.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

V
          Joey wrote: View Post
          I really thought Oscar Robertson's record was one of those unbreakable ones, product of a bygone era. Yeah, it's crazy no one talks about it now with Russ.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Milwaukee's Malcolm Brogdon is expected to miss six-to-eight weeks with minor plantar fascia tear in his right foot, league sources tell
            @malika_andrews
            and me.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              V

I really thought Oscar Robertson's record was one of those unbreakable ones, product of a bygone era. Yeah, it's crazy no one talks about it now with Russ.
              Nobody should be talking about scoring records in this era compared to the past. The Big O would be averaging 40 point triple doubles if he was playing now. The rule changes make it impossible to compare. It's a completely different game.

Adam Silver: NBA Rule Changes Having Intended Effect of Increasing Scoring
              https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...easing-scoring

Comment

Russ just took his 16th tech and will be suspended for his next game. Raptors will get an angry and rested Westbrook.

Comment

http://twitter.com/BleacherReport/st...98921447219202

yikes
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Nobody should be talking about scoring records in this era compared to the past. The Big O would be averaging 40 point triple doubles if he was playing now. The rule changes make it impossible to compare. It's a completely different game.

Adam Silver: NBA Rule Changes Having Intended Effect of Increasing Scoring
                    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...easing-scoring
                    Sure scoring is up from where it got bogged down to through the 90's, but it's nowhere near the peak of the high-paced chuck-fest seasons the NBA has had in the past.

Oscar's triple double season vs. 2017/18 NBA season:

Pace = 126 vs. 97
                    Team FGA/game = 107.7 vs. 86.1
                    Team PPG = 118.8 vs. 106.3

That's what I meant by who knew Oscar's record would ever be matched - he achieved it because the league was a sloppy, no-defence mess and basketball's not played that way anymore. The SSOL Suns and the 73 win Warriors would be the slowest teams in Oscar's league by a wide, wide margin. That Russ is doing the same thing 3 seasons in a row in this league is insane. Insane!
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I think they should sit Lowry for this one and have Kawhi in. Then vs the Knicks sit Kawhi and have FVV and Lowry back in to start getting back in rhythm.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
                        I think they should sit Lowry for this one and have Kawhi in. Then vs the Knicks sit Kawhi and have FVV and Lowry back in to start getting back in rhythm.
                        I think they should sit Kyle until the OKC games. I don't want him playing injured and hurting himself more. And it sounds like both he and Danny aren't quite feeling great. I think they both should sit. Danny deserves some time off anyway. Fred and Lin can handle the point guard duties until the OKC games in my opinion. If we lose we lose. I rather us go into the playoffs healthy than force guys to play worrying about losses
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Phil Handy wasn't impressed with Dwane Casey taking shots at the Raptors. lol.

Last edited by golden; Sun Mar 17, 2019, 12:10 AM.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

People used to argue Oscar Robertson as the GOAT because he averaged triple double in a season. LOL. By that logic, Westbrook is now the GOAT? he's going to average triple double for the 3rd straight year.
                            Those people get the seniors discount at humptys
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              Phil Handy wasn't impressed with Dwane Casey taking shots at the Raptors. lol.

handys a beauty. I love watching him get hyped behind the bench. between him and big cat we got some tough dudes on the back bench. that comment was gold. he was really good on Danny greens podcast
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

handys a beauty. I love watching him get hyped behind the bench. between him and big cat we got some tough dudes on the back bench. that comment was gold. he was really good on Danny greens podcast
                                Co-sign,

Don't worry, Handy Got Us

Comment

Working...
                                X