Ed Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    You mean younger....and a 10th man if you can get him with, say a pick in the late 50s, is an excellent pickup. Most guys in that range never see NBA minutes.
    A younger lol

Yeah a pick that late the could become a serviceable big would be great Im not debating we should not pick Patric Young with the late second rounder, Im just saying if Ed davis would be a better 3rd PF then Young would be
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Keep PPat , resign Lowry, Let GV. Salmons and Hands borough walk any leftover use to offer to Davis next year we have lots of cap space with Fields,Novak and Hayes expiring.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I brought up Ed Davis earlier in the 2014 draft thread.

As I said before, I feel Davis would be an amazing player to pick up and take Tyler hansbroughs spot. I think Davis could play back up c because he does have the size.

And we would be reacquiring everybody in the gay trade. Next up calderon
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

The Raptor should be looking at SF as the position to draft. Rookie SF get more minutes than rookie Bigs and have bigger impacts. If NY improves we might have two late picks in 2015 so #20 might be our best pick for awhile

Comment

Toronto should try to sign VC. Essentially we traded Calderon for PPat if we sign Davis

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Toronto should try to sign VC. Essentially we traded Calderon for PPat if we sign Davis

Or we dumped calderons 10 mil for Patterson, gay was only in it as a salary filler

And the pick is for 2016 not 2015
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

My bad 2016 but NY could pull a 50 win season out of its ass quick and quality bigs go early in drafts unless there are serious health issues.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  A younger lol

Yeah a pick that late the could become a serviceable big would be great Im not debating we should not pick Patric Young with the late second rounder, Im just saying if Ed davis would be a better 3rd PF then Young would be
                  I'm not that sure he would be.

-Ed has more offensive talent...but he's failed to really develop anything. He has the one move where he goes for a left-handed hook, and a sketchy short 10-12 ft jumper that he can't hit consistently.
                  -He's not developed very much defensively either. He's not strong enough to bang in the post and push people off their spots. He's not particularly imposing in terms of height/length. His help D hasn't really improved since his rookie year. He's an ok, but not outstanding rebounder.

Ed Davis is just not that good a player. You definitely don't have to pursue him in free agency, and I'm not sure how happy a guy looking for his first free agent deal would be with a 3rd string role on a team. Just don't see the point of going after him. The one biggest disappointing thing about Ed is that he never seemed to really develop a consistent approach or intensity level when on the floor. As I've said before, can just be invisible, making him basically useless.

I'm not convinced he'd be a better 3rd PF than Young...Young might need some time to adjust, but physically he's more developed than Davis. He's also arguably better defensively (though we'll see if he can adjust). And while he's got less skill offensively, he plays within himself. His only big question mark, for what you probably expect for the type of role he'll play, is defensive rebounding.

In terms of
                  -Bang for your buck
                  -Consistently playing to expectations
                  -Acceptance of role
                  -What the team needs more of (physicality, D, athleticism up front)

Young could be a much better get. Currently 39th on DX and not on the mock for nbadraft.net.

A low-ceiling, but low-risk pick who can possibly contribute right off the bat.

I don't understand why people are so high Ed Davis still. I had high hopes for him after the draft because he seemed to have some good skills. But he really never improved much of anything, and just didn't seem to have the motor or personality to expect bigger things from him.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    I brought up Ed Davis earlier in the 2014 draft thread.

As I said before, I feel Davis would be an amazing player to pick up and take Tyler hansbroughs spot. I think Davis could play back up c because he does have the size.

And we would be reacquiring everybody in the gay trade. Next up calderon
                    Davis can not play backup C. He's weak and not that imposing length-wise. Hansbrough is better because he can push guys out better. His team D is also smarter.

If Davis could play backup C, Memphis wouldn't have pushed hard to get Koufos.

Comment

Davis is just in zero ways an upgrade for this roster. If Patterson signs elsewhere and Davis is signed, I'd even say our roster is downgraded.
                      I haven't watched much Grizz games but isn't ED better than Hansborough? And he can play some 5. Clearly PP is better than ED, but as a 4th big?

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      My bad 2016 but NY could pull a 50 win season out of its ass quick and quality bigs go early in drafts unless there are serious health issues.

No. This is impossible. Not even funny to be honest. No team with Bargs will ever win 50 games in a single season.

Comment

I'm not that sure he would be.

-Ed has more offensive talent...but he's failed to really develop anything. He has the one move where he goes for a left-handed hook, and a sketchy short 10-12 ft jumper that he can't hit consistently.
                        -He's not developed very much defensively either. He's not strong enough to bang in the post and push people off their spots. He's not particularly imposing in terms of height/length. His help D hasn't really improved since his rookie year. He's an ok, but not outstanding rebounder.

Ed Davis is just not that good a player. You definitely don't have to pursue him in free agency, and I'm not sure how happy a guy looking for his first free agent deal would be with a 3rd string role on a team. Just don't see the point of going after him. The one biggest disappointing thing about Ed is that he never seemed to really develop a consistent approach or intensity level when on the floor. As I've said before, can just be invisible, making him basically useless.

I'm not convinced he'd be a better 3rd PF than Young...Young might need some time to adjust, but physically he's more developed than Davis. He's also arguably better defensively (though we'll see if he can adjust). And while he's got less skill offensively, he plays within himself. His only big question mark, for what you probably expect for the type of role he'll play, is defensive rebounding.

In terms of
                        -Bang for your buck
                        -Consistently playing to expectations
                        -Acceptance of role
                        -What the team needs more of (physicality, D, athleticism up front)

Young could be a much better get. Currently 39th on DX and not on the mock for nbadraft.net.

A low-ceiling, but low-risk pick who can possibly contribute right off the bat.

I don't understand why people are so high Ed Davis still. I had high hopes for him after the draft because he seemed to have some good skills. But he really never improved much of anything, and just didn't seem to have the motor or personality to expect bigger things from him.
                        You also forgot one thing
                        Patric Young and JV little beef looooool
                        Patric young guaranteed that JV would not be a lottery pick a couple years back ahahah
                        JV was busting his ass during the time Young was playing JV LMAO
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Davis would probably be the second center and third PF. on a second unit with PPat he really isn't needed to bang or post he would reduce Amirs minutes. This is probably the cheapest option to upgrade the forward position. PPat if he stayed on the Kings would be seen as a scrub sometimes young players get buried esp on playoff teams like Memphis with depth at that position. Honestly the Kings could have traded PPat to Memphis for Davis two under utilized PF

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                            I haven't watched much Grizz games but isn't ED better than Hansborough? And he can play some 5. Clearly PP is better than ED, but as a 4th big?
                            As a 4th big I re-post this

"Davis can not play backup C. He's weak and not that imposing length-wise. Hansbrough is better because he can push guys out better. His team D is also smarter.

If Davis could play backup C, Memphis wouldn't have pushed hard to get Koufos. "

Davis is in no way a 5. Why do people think this? He was terrible in that role in Toronto. He can't hold his ground, and he can be far too lazy defensively.

Comment

Why the heck do people think Davis can play C?

Comment

Signing Davis doesn't mean not drafting Young.Young would prob start on the D League anyway and could replace Davis or Amir in one or two years unless he is special. Bigs are tradeable if they are under contracts. Second rounders don't count towards the cap I think

Comment

Working...
                                X