Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #71 Knicks (14-56) @ Raptors (49-21) Monday March 18 2019. TSN. 5:30pm (Calgary) 7:30pm (Toronto) 1:30am (Cape Town)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #71 Knicks (14-56) @ Raptors (49-21) Monday March 18 2019. TSN. 5:30pm (Calgary) 7:30pm (Toronto) 1:30am (Cape Town)

On this day in Raptors History: March 18th 2016- The Raptors defeated the Celtics 105-91. Kyle Lowry led the way with 32 pts while legend Luis Scola chipped in with 17 going 3-5 from downtown.

Staring Lineups

KNICKS

RAPTORS

The Raps look to rebound after a tough outing in Detroit. The starters for this one is up in the air after Kyle has missed the last 2 games. It is expected that Kawhi will not play as this is the second night of a back to back however if he suits up in this one Raptors fans will be rejoicing. The Knicks will also be on the second night of a back to back after beating the Lakers at the buzzer thanks to the legend killer Mario Herzojna. No excuses for T.O in this one, even if neither Kyle or Kawhi plays this one should be a win against the dumpster fire that is the New York Knicks. Marc Gasol needs to have a bounce back game after 2 lack luster performances during the absence or Serge "Liddell" Ibaka. A poor performance in this one may all but hand the starting spot to Ibaka going forward.

Berta's things to keep an eye on: Eric Mooreland will be looking to earn a contract as the 3rd centre for the rest of the season. He has played with energy and toughness in his first 2 games as a Raptors. With the buy out market lacking attractive candidates a good performance could help to secure Mooreland a spot on a contending team for the remainder of the season.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Lol the return of Berta

Go get em buddy! I want time zones from every corner of the world by the time you're through!

Comment

So will Kawhi play his first b2b? I'm guessing no. If Lowry didn't play yesterday I doubt he'll just be ready today.

Fred was apparently on a minute restriction but still managed to get 31 minutes last night. I assume he starts. OG in for Kawhi? Or is Nurse going to have Lin/Fred play together and create his what 20th unique starting line up (losing track)?

NY is a dumpster fire and will be on a b2b themselves after they beat the Lakers. I can see Siakam going for 30 easily unless Marc has some type of throw back game.

Comment

Kawhi should sit. I support that. Some real big "playoff tuneup" games coming up. I think he sits tonight, he sits March 30th @ Chicago, and he sits game 82 (along with Kyle, Serge, Marc and Danny) if there's nothing to play for.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yep, Raptors announced Kawhi would rest tonight, Lowry questionable.

I think there's a decent chance Lowry forces his way in with Kawhi resting and Serge still out. We'll see.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Yep, Raptors announced Kawhi would rest tonight, Lowry questionable.

I think there's a decent chance Lowry forces his way in with Kawhi resting and Serge still out. We'll see.
            Lowry loves playing when Kawhi is out. And more importantly, he needs to play 9 of the last 12 games to make his performance bonuses. If there was a prop bet, I would say 80% that Lowry is in tonight.

Comment

Lowry should absolutely sit until his knee is 100%. Its the fucking Knicks.. give fred and lin some reps they both need

Comment

It should be noted that the 1:30am start time in Cape Town is actually March 19.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  It should be noted that the 1:30am start time in Cape Town is actually March 19.

Comment

It should be stated, even with Kawhi, Serge and Kyle out, the Raptors on paper have the more talented experienced team. There should be no reason a Siakam, Gasol, Green, FVV and OG led team would lose to the NYK. As I've said before excuses are for losers and either these guys are good enough to get it done on the court or they are not. I would like to see Gasol make a case for why we traded for him. The "transition" time is over, we need to see results!

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                      It should be stated, even with Kawhi, Serge and Kyle out, the Raptors on paper have the more talented experienced team. There should be no reason a Siakam, Gasol, Green, FVV and OG led team would lose to the NYK. As I've said before excuses are for losers and either these guys are good enough to get it done on the court or they are not. I would like to see Gasol make a case for why we traded for him. The "transition" time is over, we need to see results!
                      Quite possibly your 2019-2020 Raptors starting lineup right there. Hopefully not.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Quite possibly your 2019-2020 Raptors starting lineup right there. Hopefully not.
                        HA, Didn't purposely write post with that in mind, yes hopefully not as you say!

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

You really think danny green stay!? oo baby

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

You really think danny green stay!? oo baby
                            He stay.

Comment

Question. Why won't Toronto simply re-sign Jonas in the offseason?

Comment

Working...
                              X