Clear All

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    I thought you were Christina Aguilera?
    I am...
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      I am...
      You're Larry Sanders and Christina Aguilera?
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

On a bad team sixth is just scoring., Harden as the sixth on OKC doesn't work in the playoff BC deny him and no offense. DeRozan is learning to do more than score as the SG like passing and decision making read offenses. Eventually you want this for four quarter and closing out games. Closing out is more important than starting

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks Demar's mid-range game will help us in the playoffs? I thought the whole point of defences these days is to make it tough to score inside and behind the arc. And if defences tighten up in the playoffs, Demar's mid-range game might be the only reason we survive the first round, or win a game or two in the second round.

Also, this team plays great D, it's been clearly evident since the Gay trade, so this idea that we really need a bigger, more suitable SF to guard the bigger guys is nonsense. We can do well with Ross and DD as our starting wings.

Also, having Demar shouldn't hinder Ross's development. Right now, Ross is getting a good chance to develop and fine-tune his offensive game as Demar and Lowry draw most of the defensive attention. I would expect that next season Ross will get even more opportunities to create than he does now. If he makes good decisions, he will improve while taking a little pressure off DD and Lowry, which can only be good for the team and hopefully result in less questionable shots for our offensive leaders. An improved and better utilized JV can have a similar effect. Next year, we should have 2 more offensive options, that can be used more consistently (I really think Casey doesn't want to overload these guys with responsibility, especially JV because we have no other post player) and really open up the offense. We can get the inside-outside game going, and Ross should be better with his handles and his driving.

Also, I really think Ross would be better in a 6th man role than Demar, but I'd prefer to see them both start.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            Actually, it was very evident last night, and I have noticed it lately, DD DOES draw a lot of doubles. He can't handle them well (though he has been passing out of them the last couple of games) and the book on him is to put the pressure on him to generate turnovers (stripped ball, dribble off foot or bad pass). It has happened a lot this year since the trade whenever Lowry isn't on the floor with him. If Grievous keeps dropping treys, the book on DD may have to change a little, or if he starts passing sooner, and passing into the post particularly. I think other teams know that he almost never gives it up to JV or Amir, so a big normally free to step out a little and help on DeMar.
            If you are counting team's hedging out on DeMar on screens as a double team then yes he get's double a lot. If you aren't though there was only one double team sent his way (on a post up). It is hard to double a guard, teams may do it on special occasions or hedge on picks, but they don't double a guard like they would a post.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
              Am I the only one who thinks Demar's mid-range game will help us in the playoffs? I thought the whole point of defences these days is to make it tough to score inside and behind the arc. And if defences tighten up in the playoffs, Demar's mid-range game might be the only reason we survive the first round, or win a game or two in the second round.

Also, I really think Ross would be better in a 6th man role than Demar, but I'd prefer to see them both start.
              The point of having a mid range game is to counter when teams chase you off the three point line. Since teams are not chasing DD off that line then his mid range game wont be open and he isn't going to get the good looks. This is why people are worried he will have a tough time in the playoffs.

Ross might be better than DD but they will both be awful (we know Ross is bad at it). Both of their games do not reflect the skill set required sixth man players. They are not great at creating their own shot like a Jamal Crawford or a Manu Ginobli.

Comment

Most defensive teams give you mid range shots just no threes and inside the paint. DeMar struggles against teams like Miami or Western teams that don't play defense and outshoot teams for 48 minutes

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  The point of having a mid range game is to counter when teams chase you off the three point line. Since teams are not chasing DD off that line then his mid range game wont be open and he isn't going to get the good looks. This is why people are worried he will have a tough time in the playoffs.

Ross might be better than DD but they will both be awful (we know Ross is bad at it). Both of their games do not reflect the skill set required sixth man players. They are not great at creating their own shot like a Jamal Crawford or a Manu Ginobli.
                  Well Demar has been pretty successful this season utilizing the mid range game without ever being run off the line. His use of screens has improved dramatically, which is predominantly how he gets free, and he seems to be using it more to get into the paint. Teams are gonna have to play pretty impressive defense to completely shut down the options that Demar can generate off those screens.

We do not know Ross would be a bad 6th man. You really can't make that judgement based on his rookie season and the 18 games this season with Rudy in the lineup. With his 3pt shooting and any improvement to his handles and finishing would make him much more suitable to a 6th man role than Demar would IMO. He isn't Crawford or Ginobili now, but he could be. I wasn't suggesting that we should put him in that role now of course.

Comment

Ross as the sixth man SG is better than Ross sixth man SF but eventually Ross is better starting as SG for defense. Toronto could close out Games with Lowry,demar,ross ,amir/PPat or val/amir vs Lowry/ Vasquez/Salmons

Comment

Neither ross or dd have any handles. Using them as sixth men would not be very smart. And I'm pretty sure you could trade dd for the best 6 man in the game Jamal Crawford. I heard doc likes demar and Crawford lights shit up

Comment

DeMar seems to improve every year. His defense and 3 pt shot is prob maxed out but his handling, passing and decision making has improved just this season. Ross has alot higher ceiling now and would prob outpace DeMar lots of team like Indy,GSW and Clippers are looking for another ball handler sixth man.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          DeMar seems to improve every year. His defense and 3 pt shot is prob maxed out but his handling, passing and decision making has improved just this season. Ross has alot higher ceiling now and would prob outpace DeMar lots of team like Indy,GSW and Clippers are looking for another ball handler sixth man.

Bro clipper have Crawford, the best sixth man of lifeeeeeeeee

Comment

He has injury problems. If the Clipper fall short to the Spurs do you trade for DeRozan to replace Crawford and buy maybe one extra year to make a run.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              He has injury problems. If the Clipper fall short to the Spurs do you trade for DeRozan to replace Crawford and buy maybe one extra year to make a run.

10 mill is a lot for a sixth man, I think they would rather make him a starter...just saying

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                                10 mill is a lot for a sixth man, I think they would rather make him a starter...just saying
                                He's not gonna be a sixth man he's gonna play alongside Kobe till he retires
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X