Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #72 Raptors (50-21) @ Thunder (42-29) Wednesday March 20th, 2019. SN. 6:30pm (Victoria) 9:30pm (Toronto) 2:30am (Barcelona).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As for the Collison jersey retirement. If you're going to retire his number, then Westbrook, George, Durant, Harden, Adams and Ibaka are all no brainers.......right?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Who knew, JV is a god

Comment

• Good win, OKC is a good team. Getting the W in their gym without Lowry is pretty big. Raptors also looking better more often without Lowry on the floor, which is great. He won't be playing 48 minutes in the playoffs.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• SportsNet or TSN or some Raptor website needs to start a story after certain games of the most brutal bad calls that clearly favour the other team. It would be a long show. If it was more even, you could just blame incompetent refs but we always seem to get the sustantially more short end of the stick

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Not a fan of some of the late game playcalling. The Siakam play late in regulation was so predictable. Jeff Van Gundy called it before it even happened.

You have Kawhi on your team, give him the damn ball. I don't care if he's cold or not. Masai brought him here for this kind of situations.
            I'm fine with the Kawhi ISO, but I just want to point out that your complaint about Siakam is that it was predictable, and then bring up the most predictable thing.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
              Who knew, JV is a god
              Its funny that the main page is having its usual JV fights, and tonight is a great contrast and example of what Gasol can do. People forget how Adams and Russ have completely picked us apart in PnR the past few years, and Gasol really shut that down.

These are the sort of games I don't miss JV in no man's land on PnR, but he's a cool dude and he looks great on 30 win teams.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Good win, OKC is a good team. Getting the W in their gym without Lowry is pretty big. Raptors also looking better more often without Lowry on the floor, which is great. He won't be playing 48 minutes in the playoffs.
                Yes..it was a really good win...

Lots of focus will be on giving up a double digit lead in the 4th.. but you know.. a few things to temper the "u shouldadunbetter analysis ...

A) the other guys want to win too.. OKC is in deep yogurt as they are looking at missing out on home court in tough west right now. ..from 3 to 8 in a week..

B) OKC has not one.. but two all NBA players in Russell and Paul George.. its not like they roll over when they are down ....

C) This was a road win.... Its hard to win in the NBA and doubly hard to win on the road....especially in a band box like Oklahoma City where you swear the fans are on top of you.

No flies on this win... even if it came in Overtime... .
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Bad 4th quarter.. but a really good win. O/T is a lot easier when George is on the sideline. PG hits some crazy step back 3's in the 4th.

Need to do better rebounding. OKC had way too many second chance opportunities.

Loved seeing PG and Kawhi go at it. Kawhi had a pretty bad game for his standards (although still ended up putting up 22/10/6 with 2 steals.. on 8/19 shooting). Man even when Kawhi has an off night he's still pretty awesome.

Dennis Schroder is OKC's down fall. I thought he was actually pretty good at one point. But it seemed that whenever he was on the court, things would go well for the Raptors.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Yes..it was a really good win...

Lots of focus will be on giving up a double digit lead in the 4th.. but you know.. a few things to temper the "u shouldadunbetter analysis ...

A) the other guys want to win too.. OKC is in deep yogurt as they are looking at missing out on home court in tough west right now. ..from 3 to 8 in a week..

B) OKC has not one.. but two all NBA players in Russell and Paul George.. its not like they roll over when they are down ....

C) This was a road win.... Its hard to win in the NBA and doubly hard to win on the road....especially in a band box like Oklahoma City where you swear the fans are on top of you.

No flies on this win... even if it came in Overtime... .
                    My only gripe would be the EOG offense. Raps are terrific when they get out and run in transition and off the secondary break but they slowed way down last night late and went stagnant, leading to some bad shots and a lot of missed threes.

On the flip side, I did like the action where they put Gasol in the high post and had SIakam and Leonard in a bit of a two man game on the on the strong side, giving Leonard and Siakam options as to who went where (post or wing) and Gasol two options to pass to. You also then can have pick and roll action with Gasol and the wing ball handler. They scored pretty effectively out of that but it got stopped once and they went away from it for some reason.

What I did like was how good FVV has looked since coming back. He looks like a completely different player the last few games. Obviously, guy was banged up right out of training camp but played through it all even though he wasn't healthy..

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post

I'm fine with the Kawhi ISO, but I just want to point out that your complaint about Siakam is that it was predictable, and then bring up the most predictable thing.
                      You want your best player to have the ball in those situations. EVERY NBA team iso their best player late in the game/potential game winning shots.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

He is worse than Davis, man he is awful!!

Comment

• Solid win, despite the late game buckling. Righted the ship and sailed her home.

Nurse finally going with a sensible rotation. This team looks scary-good when we're NOT trotting out all-bench lineups.

We play every second night to close out the final 10 games. Do we continue with the "load management", or do we see our real lineup to close out the season?

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

You want your best player to have the ball in those situations. EVERY NBA team iso their best player late in the game/potential game winning shots.
                            I'm okay with the play call. Siakam just got excitied and didn't execute. he was our best player on the floor and you don't want the opposing team know what's going to happen every time we need a late game bucket. pascal had that game winner vs suns they gave him a shot here. it will make teams think twice about whose getting the shot rather then just loading up on kawhi
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Hey remember when Patrick Patterson was a rotation player?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                We have a really easy schedule left. Not one team over .500.

Need to win every remaining game and take the #1 seed. Bucks have a pretty good schedule too but have a few tough ones like @PHI, home to Houston, the Clippers and OKC
                                That would be a nice accomplishment. Given the way we have been playing, I don't see the consistency in effort, drive and overall team play to achieve #1. #2 overall (east + west) would be good though.

Comment

Working...
                                X