Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #73 Thunder (42-30) @ Raptors (51-21) Friday March 22nd 2019. SN 4:30pm (Whitehorse) 7:30pm (Toronto) 7:30am (Taipei)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Several things played out tonight
    --Thunder was hungrier. They were on a losing streak, fighting to get out of the 8th hole to avoid GSW on the 1st round, after losing in OT a home.
    --Lin instead of Lowry
    --Raptors moving away from what was working first (ball movement/transition) to more stagnant plays
    --Nurse holding off on bringing the starters too long into 4th quarter (except for Kawhi who started the 4th)

    Fun game to watch despite the loss, and good film to work with
    2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

    Comment


    • Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post

      Some credit to OKC's tenacious defense and length. They got their hands on some balls.

      OKC also hit 20 3s it was pretty nuts.

      I'm encouraged by the rotations now. Guys like Lin and Norm have played themselves out of the rotation come playoff time. Insert Lowry and have two starters on the floor at all times and this team should be nasty.
      We are fortunate to have the 1 win in OKC. My concern is that when OKC turned up the defensive pressure we collapsed by turning the ball over. We blew big leads in both games. Personally I don't take any measure of confidence out of these OKC games.

      Comment


      • inthepaint wrote: View Post
        Several things played out tonight
        --Thunder was hungrier. They were on a losing streak, fighting to get out of the 8th hole to avoid GSW on the 1st round, after losing in OT a home.
        --Lin instead of Lowry
        --Raptors moving away from what was working first (ball movement/transition) to more stagnant plays
        --Nurse holding off on bringing the starters too long into 4th quarter (except for Kawhi who started the 4th)

        Fun game to watch despite the loss, and good film to work with
        And both games we gave up big leads in 2H.

        Comment


        • Zak24gege wrote: View Post

          And both games we gave up big leads in 2H.
          They have 2 MVP caliber players and we didn't have our All star PG for either game. OKC is a good team, they're gonna make their runs, we held them off in the first game, this game we couldn't due to their abnormally high shooting.

          Comment


          • "OKC was down 13 with 5:23 to go in the third before rallying. The Thunder closed the third with a 20-4 run to take an 83-80 lead into the fourth."

            Who got torched here?...

            Comment


            • A.I wrote: View Post

              They have 2 MVP caliber players and we didn't have our All star PG for either game. OKC is a good team, they're gonna make their runs, we held them off in the first game, this game we couldn't due to their abnormally high shooting.
              As I like to say excuses are for losers. Good teams like the Raptors should be able to hold leads or if they lose the lead get it back. We have an MVP too, so what. We need to be executing better when defenses tighten up and unfortunately now we get fluff teams who we can beat playing loosy-goosy style.

              Comment


              • Zak24gege wrote: View Post

                As I like to say excuses are for losers. Good teams like the Raptors should be able to hold leads or if they lose the lead get it back. We have an MVP too, so what. We need to be executing better when defenses tighten up and unfortunately now we get fluff teams who we can beat playing loosy-goosy style.
                Excuses or not, OKC had a lot more to gain from a win. Raptors are just chugging along trying to get healthy for the Playoffs.

                Comment


                • Another factor is OKC played 6 players over 30 minutes. The other 7-9 players played a total of 29 mins scoring 5pts. We used our 7-9 player for 49 mins scoring 7 pts. Our 7-9 guys played 20 mins vs OKC starters. Also, George played 41 minutes. Clearly Donovan needed the win and went with his starters + Schroder for '2H. The 16 extra FGA's was huge, how could you not lose given 20% more shot attemps?

                  Comment


                  • OKC also missed a lot of FT attempts on the first game ..of they made them ...game ov3r

                    Comment




                    • Nurse doesn't deserve to coach a superstar like Kawhi if he's not going to protect him.

                      Comment


                      • A.I wrote: View Post

                        They have 2 MVP caliber players and we didn't have our All star PG for either game. OKC is a good team, they're gonna make their runs, we held them off in the first game, this game we couldn't due to their abnormally high shooting.
                        The excuse....but if they won....what a great coach and FVV can start as a PG for any contending team.

                        your MO is getting old

                        Comment


                        • golden wrote: View Post

                          Nurse doesn't deserve to coach a superstar like Kawhi if he's not going to protect him.

                          Comment


                          • Comment


                            • Comment


                              • You really believe the coach's rep matters more than the players in regards to getting foul calls?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X