Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #73 Thunder (42-30) @ Raptors (51-21) Friday March 22nd 2019. SN 4:30pm (Whitehorse) 7:30pm (Toronto) 7:30am (Taipei)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post

As I like to say excuses are for losers. Good teams like the Raptors should be able to hold leads or if they lose the lead get it back. We have an MVP too, so what. We need to be executing better when defenses tighten up and unfortunately now we get fluff teams who we can beat playing loosy-goosy style.
    Excuses or not, OKC had a lot more to gain from a win. Raptors are just chugging along trying to get healthy for the Playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post

They have 2 MVP caliber players and we didn't have our All star PG for either game. OKC is a good team, they're gonna make their runs, we held them off in the first game, this game we couldn't due to their abnormally high shooting.
    As I like to say excuses are for losers. Good teams like the Raptors should be able to hold leads or if they lose the lead get it back. We have an MVP too, so what. We need to be executing better when defenses tighten up and unfortunately now we get fluff teams who we can beat playing loosy-goosy style.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    "OKC was down 13 with 5:23 to go in the third before rallying. The Thunder closed the third with a 20-4 run to take an 83-80 lead into the fourth."

Who got torched here?...

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post

And both games we gave up big leads in 2H.
    They have 2 MVP caliber players and we didn't have our All star PG for either game. OKC is a good team, they're gonna make their runs, we held them off in the first game, this game we couldn't due to their abnormally high shooting.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    Several things played out tonight
    --Thunder was hungrier. They were on a losing streak, fighting to get out of the 8th hole to avoid GSW on the 1st round, after losing in OT a home.
    --Lin instead of Lowry
    --Raptors moving away from what was working first (ball movement/transition) to more stagnant plays
    --Nurse holding off on bringing the starters too long into 4th quarter (except for Kawhi who started the 4th)

Fun game to watch despite the loss, and good film to work with
    And both games we gave up big leads in 2H.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post

Some credit to OKC's tenacious defense and length. They got their hands on some balls.

OKC also hit 20 3s it was pretty nuts.

I'm encouraged by the rotations now. Guys like Lin and Norm have played themselves out of the rotation come playoff time. Insert Lowry and have two starters on the floor at all times and this team should be nasty.
    We are fortunate to have the 1 win in OKC. My concern is that when OKC turned up the defensive pressure we collapsed by turning the ball over. We blew big leads in both games. Personally I don't take any measure of confidence out of these OKC games.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Several things played out tonight
    --Thunder was hungrier. They were on a losing streak, fighting to get out of the 8th hole to avoid GSW on the 1st round, after losing in OT a home.
    --Lin instead of Lowry
    --Raptors moving away from what was working first (ball movement/transition) to more stagnant plays
    --Nurse holding off on bringing the starters too long into 4th quarter (except for Kawhi who started the 4th)

Fun game to watch despite the loss, and good film to work with

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    If Nurse keeps playing 10-11 men in the playoffs then this team would lose to Sixers in the playoffs.
    10-11? 9 played today and 10 played last game with McCaw only playing 5 minutes. Once Kyle comes back, Lin's minutes will be reduced significantly and Powell's probably reduce a bit too.

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell Duong
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post

Raptors average 14 turnovers a game. So tonight they exceeded their average by 50%. A bit of an outlier, doncha think? Maybe they all got together before the game and just decided to be sloppy. Yeah, that's the ticket.
    Some credit to OKC's tenacious defense and length. They got their hands on some balls.

OKC also hit 20 3s it was pretty nuts.

I'm encouraged by the rotations now. Guys like Lin and Norm have played themselves out of the rotation come playoff time. Insert Lowry and have two starters on the floor at all times and this team should be nasty.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Amazing, we shoot higher % (FG, 3's) and we shoot and make more FT's so wtf happened? Amazingly OKC have 16 more FGA because of? 22 turnovers (Kawhi/Siakam had 15 of them). BTW we also out-rebounded OKC. FVF shot poorly and our starting 5 Gasol gets 1 shot and 2 points. Did Norm really get 11 rebounds.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Nurse was overflowing with praise for FVV in one of the Sportsnet interview clips and predictably Fred was pretty meh tonight.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    If Nurse keeps playing 10-11 men in the playoffs then this team would lose to Sixers in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Last 5 games excluding tonight 16.0, Last 10 15.7 to's / game. Tonight 22 was the highest.
    Last edited by Zak24gege; Fri Mar 22, 2019, 11:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• spicy_d
    replied
    gasol 2 pts..what's a great trade

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Refs did the Raps no favours late but that was a really casual second half from Toronto on both ends of the floor. Disappointing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X