Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #73 Thunder (42-30) @ Raptors (51-21) Friday March 22nd 2019. SN 4:30pm (Whitehorse) 7:30pm (Toronto) 7:30am (Taipei)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

goldblum wrote: View Post

or like... In a few weeks..
    over me
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

over me
      Over Everything.

Comment

Kawhi playin tonight?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

over me

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
            Kawhi playin tonight?
            No word on Kawhi yet. Injury report was just Lowry.
            Kawhi needs to play imo. Next game isn't until Sunday and the rest is all against <.500 teams

Comment

This was compiled by Blake at the Athletic. It's the clearest data I've seen on how important the starters are this year, and also how important it is that we stop dicking around with all-bench lineups.

This confirms what the eye test has been telling us for a while: 2 starters on at all times, albeit difficult to achieve, keeps the team humming. Couple of things to note from this:
              --Kawhi plus bench doesn't work. Opposing teams double or triple him daring the rest to do something, and they don't.
              --This doesn't include the effect of the 5th starter (Centre) and I suspect some noise would be introduced, but from what we've seen, Lowry works very well with either Ibaka or Gasol, and FVV + Gasol is also good (small sample)

Comment

Almost forgot there was a Raptors game today, been so busy watching March Madness lol
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                  Almost forgot there was a Raptors game today, been so busy watching March Madness lol
                  Am i the only one who find college basketball boring?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
                    This was compiled by Blake at the Athletic. It's the clearest data I've seen on how important the starters are this year, and also how important it is that we stop dicking around with all-bench lineups.

This confirms what the eye test has been telling us for a while: 2 starters on at all times, albeit difficult to achieve, keeps the team humming. Couple of things to note from this:
                    --Kawhi plus bench doesn't work. Opposing teams double or triple him daring the rest to do something, and they don't.
                    --This doesn't include the effect of the 5th starter (Centre) and I suspect some noise would be introduced, but from what we've seen, Lowry works very well with either Ibaka or Gasol, and FVV + Gasol is also good (small sample)
                    Lowry never ceases to amaze me. All bench? Awful. Bench + Kawhi, even worse. Bench and Green (nba plus minus leader), bench and siakam? Just below 0

Lowry and the bench? Winning! I'm honestly wondering if Lowry has been a part of net negative lineup in any time of the past 6 years
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Just a shoot out to Blake, Korean and the other writers covering the Raptors at The Athletic. It would probably be worth signing up for the next couple of months. I believe you can quit any time. Worth it for the playoff run if nothing else... and it IS worth it for everything else.

Comment

Lowry never ceases to amaze me. All bench? Awful. Bench + Kawhi, even worse. Bench and Green (nba plus minus leader), bench and siakam? Just below 0

Lowry and the bench? Winning! I'm honestly wondering if Lowry has been a part of net negative lineup in any time of the past 6 years
                        Lowry is a very adaptable player. If he plays with Ibaka, his assists + Ibaka's scoring go up. If he plays with Gasol, his own scoring goes up. If he plays with guys running and gunning like Siakam, he also excels at hooking them up. If he plays with ball dominant players on the wing like Kawhi, he also learned to be involved on off-ball/secondary screens that fly under the radar but opens up the floor. If he plays with deadly corner shooters like Green/FVV, he finds them (or interchange with them for his own spot-up shot).

This also has been one of the best defensive seasons I've seen of Lowry. Not just with charges, but also post-defence on switches, transition defence, on-ball pressure defence on opposing guards (FVV has been like that too this year, so maybe that's credit to Nurse), overall team defence/switches, as well as swarming/doubling opposing bigs under our rim for steals (him and Green are a nightmare for opposing bigs down low unnder our rim) . Basically, if Lowry missed playoff time we'd be fucked. Just too impactful in too many different areas.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                          I find it hard to watch as well. Shows how amazingly good the pros are...

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Am i the only one who find college basketball boring?
                            March Madness is the only college basketball I watch lol. I find the tournament to be incredibly entertaining, even though the basketball itself is obviously lower-quality compared to the NBA
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Lowry is a very adaptable player. If he plays with Ibaka, his assists + Ibaka's scoring go up. If he plays with Gasol, his own scoring goes up. If he plays with guys running and gunning like Siakam, he also excels at hooking them up. If he plays with ball dominant players on the wing like Kawhi, he also learned to be involved on off-ball/secondary screens that fly under the radar but opens up the floor. If he plays with deadly corner shooters like Green/FVV, he finds them (or interchange with them for his own spot-up shot).

This also has been one of the best defensive seasons I've seen of Lowry. Not just with charges, but also post-defence on switches, transition defence, on-ball pressure defence on opposing guards (FVV has been like that too this year, so maybe that's credit to Nurse), overall team defence/switches, as well as swarming/doubling opposing bigs under our rim for steals (him and Green are a nightmare for opposing bigs down low unnder our rim) . Basically, if Lowry missed playoff time we'd be fucked. Just too impactful in too many different areas.
                              He does have to hit some 3's though...

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

Just a shoot out to Blake, Korean and the other writers covering the Raptors at The Athletic. It would probably be worth signing up for the next couple of months. I believe you can quit any time. Worth it for the playoff run if nothing else... and it IS worth it for everything else.
                                Great stuff! Guy's here have been on Nurse for his rotations. Confirms what posts are recommending!

Comment

Working...
                                X