Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #73 Thunder (42-30) @ Raptors (51-21) Friday March 22nd 2019. SN 4:30pm (Whitehorse) 7:30pm (Toronto) 7:30am (Taipei)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    Almost forgot there was a Raptors game today, been so busy watching March Madness lol

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    This was compiled by Blake at the Athletic. It's the clearest data I've seen on how important the starters are this year, and also how important it is that we stop dicking around with all-bench lineups.

This confirms what the eye test has been telling us for a while: 2 starters on at all times, albeit difficult to achieve, keeps the team humming. Couple of things to note from this:
    --Kawhi plus bench doesn't work. Opposing teams double or triple him daring the rest to do something, and they don't.
    --This doesn't include the effect of the 5th starter (Centre) and I suspect some noise would be introduced, but from what we've seen, Lowry works very well with either Ibaka or Gasol, and FVV + Gasol is also good (small sample)

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Kawhi playin tonight?
    No word on Kawhi yet. Injury report was just Lowry.
    Kawhi needs to play imo. Next game isn't until Sunday and the rest is all against <.500 teams

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

over me

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Kawhi playin tonight?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

over me
    Over Everything.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    goldblum wrote: View Post

or like... In a few weeks..
    over me

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied

Or like... in a few weeks..

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

It's all starting to come together, man.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post

We assumed FVV was a rhythm player, and the long rest has really helped him.
    It's all starting to come together, man.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    I'm glad Lowry is basically forced some rest. I know the new thing now is that hes a "rhythm" player, but I've been cringing the last few weeks of meaningless games. 40 min a night, hitting the deck, jumping into a sea of bodies with reckless abandon..we got lucky this injury isnt serious hopefully..but enough is enough. Keep the guy on a 25 min restriction when he gets back until playoffs, enough to keep the rhythm.
    We assumed FVV was a rhythm player, and the long rest has really helped him.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    I'm glad Lowry is basically forced some rest. I know the new thing now is that hes a "rhythm" player, but I've been cringing the last few weeks of meaningless games. 40 min a night, hitting the deck, jumping into a sea of bodies with reckless abandon..we got lucky this injury isnt serious hopefully..but enough is enough. Keep the guy on a 25 min restriction when he gets back until playoffs, enough to keep the rhythm.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I was looking at some of our line up stats on nba.com today. Nurse has really tried a lot of variations. Only 4 line ups have exceeded the 100 minute mark (we had 6 last year). The highest is at 547 minutes (starters with Serge) but a decent net rating of 8.3 (12th best in league, for lineups playing at least 200 minutes)

Danny makes a huge difference. Swapping him for Fred and the net rating goes down to -0.1 (and they've played over 100 minutes together).

Starters with Gasol have only played 62 minutes, but have a net rating of 11.0 (not as good with JV, but he had more time: 120 minutes, with a net rating of 21.4 )

With lineups that played at least 30 minutes...

The best defensive lineup is Kyle, Fred, Danny, Kawhi and Serge.. but have only played 33 minutes. Best defensive lineup with over 100 minutes played is Kyle, Danny, Kawhi, OG, Serge. Surprisingly no Siakam in either line up.

Our best offensive lineup is also our best defensive one. But again only 33 minutes. Best with over 100 minutes played is Fred, Danny, Kawhi, Siakam, Serge. Surprisingly no Kyle in this second one.

We only have 4 line ups with a negative net rating. And one of them is at -0.1 (the starting unit with Serge but Fred instead of Danny). The other three are:
    • Fred, Wright, OG, Miles, Serge (2/5's of that lineup are now a Grizzly).
    • Kyle, Danny, Norm, Siakam, Serge (even Kyle, Danny and Pascal can't make Norm look good here)
    • Fred, Wright, OG, Miles, JV (3/5's of that lineup are now a Grizzly )

So this is all positive stuff. Just have to avoid pairing Norm with Kyle and Danny.. or more preferably, just keep him on the bench for as much as possible in the playoffs.

2-man lineups have a lot of noise I'm sure.. but what the heck (again >= 30 mins played), removing also our traded/waived players:

Best 2-man combo: Fred+Gasol
    Worst 2-man combo: OG+Boucher
    2-man combo who played the most together: Danny+Siakam (also our healthiest duo, so no surprise)
    Best 2-man defensive combo: Siakam+Lin
    Best 2-man offensive combo: Fred+Gasol

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    "Wednesday’s win gave Toronto its 21st victory against a Western Conference opponent, a new single-season franchise record. Toronto started its 21st starting lineup in Wednesday's game, after using just 12 starting lineups a season ago as the team continues to deal with injury woes as of late" Kyle confirmed sitting this one out

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell Duong
    replied
    I mean I think he should. Its a perfect playoff scenario test with a days rest in between. If he doesn't then I'm load managing too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X