Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #74 - Raptors (51-22) vs Hornets (33-39); Sunday March 24th at 6pm EDT on TSN4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Title? We talking about titles? Lmao
    The whole fucking point of getting Kawhi was to try to win the title this season.

If the goal isn't the title what exactly IS the goal then? Some of you guys have such a fucking loser mentality.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
      Based on Nick's post game comments, he wanted to have a look at McCaw tonight. So how did he look in 11 mins: STATLINE: 11 mins, 2 Pts, 1-2 FG's, 0-1 3's, 0 Reb, 0 Ast, 0 Stl, 0 TO, 1 PF and he was -17. Nick you've seen the guy for 3 months, know his strength's etc, decide what his role will be and move on. Man can you not make a fucking decision?
      This is what really worries me with Nurse. Is he really just "experimenting" or is the guy legitimately overwhelmed by his options and the job and doesn't know what to do?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

The whole fucking point of getting Kawhi was to try to win the title this season.

If the goal isn't the title what exactly IS the goal then? Some of you guys have such a fucking loser mentality.
        Theres zero chance. Live in reality
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

I meant when were up 2 and a chance to go up 4. He just let the play go and Kawhi takes a bad contested shot. In almost all other NBA teams the coach would have called a TO to set up a play. No?
          Ah..sorry about that..I thought you were talking about the 3.1 second to go inbound pass...

I suppose..but that gives Charlotte a breather and a chance to set their defense..Nurse has a veteran team...perhaps he went with having Lowry or Leonard facilitate a standard play when they caught Charlotte in a switch..not to be...

the raps apes missed their shot and lamb makes a one in a million heave...

sports....you just can’t script the games...
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Mar 25, 2019, 09:34 AM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

This is what really worries me with Nurse. Is he really just "experimenting" or is the guy legitimately overwhelmed by his options and the job and doesn't know what to do?
            That’s a fair point. I tend to defend the experimenting but I can’t help but think back to last years playoffs when Casey threw the assistants under the bus for playing Bebe against Cleveland or CJ against Kevin Love that it was maybe Nurse’s random suggestions. Either way still BS for Casey to call him out and the buck stops with the head coach. I’ve been taking it as a given that this will get fixed in the playoffs but what if it doesn’t?

Comment

• The road to 60 comes to a screeching halt.

Hornets got way too many easy looks from 3.. especially the corner. They hit 18 in total including that Lamb hail mary. That's just nuts.

We were the better team.. just couldn't cool them down. Liked the small ball look with Siakam at the 5. We got good Norm last night. Maybe subbing him out for Lowry was not a good move, which is weird to say out loud. But we had a chance to win it. Didn't like the Kawhi look for their last offensive play. The goal was to get the shot clock down to close to 0 and get a shot off, but that shot was brutal. It's easy to rip it apart in hindsight. If Kawhi made that shot we wouldn't really be talking about it.

This game was reminiscent of the Thunder loss. Beat us on o-boards, and hit every 3 shot they took. Hopefully that can get corrected. Bucks have some insane 3pt shooting and can rebound like a boss. So if this is our Achilles heal we're screwed.

We finally had a full, healthy line up and lost (at home) against a lottery team coming off a B2B. That hurts. I know these games don't matter really. But it still hurts.

Comment

• Hell of a shot to win however, congrats to Lamb.

Comment

• I still think it';s kinda funny that equal numbers of RR fans hate Lin, Norm and McCaw. Of the three though, I'd say McCaw has the most somewhat positive things said about him (has a chip, defensive prowess, fun name lol etc), Norm has flashes of good Norm, too much bad Norm (brain fats on inbounds etc) and Lin is just generally bad with the rare great game like the 20 points a few games ago. Basically, they're all found lacking.

Yet no matter which of the three gets some court time auditioning to be the last man for the playoffs, they are suddenly complete garbage and Nurse gets the blame. Could it be that our END of the bench just isn't that good or consistent? Big surprise....

In fact, Serge can be OK off the bench as can Freddy. But OG is still a bit of a disappointment and seems to have stalled or regressed for most of this year. The sum of the bench parts should perhaps be better but it's really just not that good.

I agree that it's just about time to choose your playoff rotation and roll with it. But there's also no sense in complaining over and over against that Lin/Norm/McCaw aren't producing godd +/- .... welcome to the real NBA not last year's one-in-a-million bench mob

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

That’s a fair point. I tend to defend the experimenting but I can’t help but think back to last years playoffs when Casey threw the assistants under the bus for playing Bebe against Cleveland or CJ against Kevin Love that it was maybe Nurse’s random suggestions. Either way still BS for Casey to call him out and the buck stops with the head coach. I’ve been taking it as a given that this will get fixed in the playoffs but what if it doesn’t?
                    There are definitely a few "innovations" that are almost surely the brainchild of Nurse, such as: 3 PGs and hockey lineups. Perimeter oriented attack, where "everybody gets to dribble drive & kick" looks like another Nurse pet philosophy.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      I still think it';s kinda funny that equal numbers of RR fans hate Lin, Norm and McCaw. Of the three though, I'd say McCaw has the most somewhat positive things said about him (has a chip, defensive prowess, fun name lol etc), Norm has flashes of good Norm, too much bad Norm (brain fats on inbounds etc) and Lin is just generally bad with the rare great game like the 20 points a few games ago. Basically, they're all found lacking.

Yet no matter which of the three gets some court time auditioning to be the last man for the playoffs, they are suddenly complete garbage and Nurse gets the blame. Could it be that our END of the bench just isn't that good or consistent? Big surprise....

In fact, Serge can be OK off the bench as can Freddy. But OG is still a bit of a disappointment and seems to have stalled or regressed for most of this year. The sum of the bench parts should perhaps be better but it's really just not that good.

I agree that it's just about time to choose your playoff rotation and roll with it. But there's also no sense in complaining over and over against that Lin/Norm/McCaw aren't producing godd +/- .... welcome to the real NBA not last year's one-in-a-million bench mob
                      Meh, I agree.
                      Everyone has no problem giving excuses to starting units when guys are hurt, and they have a hard time getting chemistry. Nobody seems to care that the Bench guys sit there on their hands, waiting to go in, and do so in a variety of different situations.... add to that, they have had ZERO time to become a second unit. As they are considered a little less talented than the starters, why the hell would you hate on them for not kicking ass? If it's ok for Kawhi and Lowry to need time to adjust, so to is it ok for the guys who get way less floor time to do it, under way less familiar surroundings.

Comment

We can win the east and I expect us to. I don't think we can beat Golden State in 7. Stranger things have happened though, like if Curry got hurt we'd have a shot, maaaybe if KD got hurt. That's how the Pistons won their first title in 1989 when Magic went down in game 2 and nobody remembers how, just that you did.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• “I was interested in seeing Patrick McCaw tonight. Brought him off [the bench] early both halves. That kind of made Norm suffer a little bit. But it seems like it maybe motivated him,” Nurse said after the game, explaining why Powell didn’t touch the floor until the third. “He really came in with a lot of juice. And I give him a lot of credit for that. I give him a lot of credit for sitting there the whole time and then coming in with a big burst of energy and playing really well.”

Powell’s late-game surge is only a marginally important thing in a marginally important loss. But it does give Nurse something to ponder over the coming weeks, as he shrinks his rotations and figures out who he’ll be leaning on come the playoffs. The fact Powell is capable of that zero-to-100 performance, as he’s now proven on numerous occasions, has to be rattling around Nurse’s frontal lobe in late April, when he ultimately encounters a playoff situation in which he needs a spark. When the carefully laid plans go to hell. When he just wants to shake things up.

He’s been doing it most of the season, really. Sunday was an extremely rare occasion in which the Raptors did not list an inactive regular. The team’s full arsenal was at Nurse’s disposal, which is why he mixed and matched with so many different lineups throughout the night, and ended up giving 10 players 11 minutes or more of run.

The return of Kyle Lowry facilitated it.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            “I was interested in seeing Patrick McCaw tonight. Brought him off [the bench] early both halves. That kind of made Norm suffer a little bit. But it seems like it maybe motivated him,” Nurse said after the game, explaining why Powell didn’t touch the floor until the third. “He really came in with a lot of juice. And I give him a lot of credit for that. I give him a lot of credit for sitting there the whole time and then coming in with a big burst of energy and playing really well.”

Powell’s late-game surge is only a marginally important thing in a marginally important loss. But it does give Nurse something to ponder over the coming weeks, as he shrinks his rotations and figures out who he’ll be leaning on come the playoffs. The fact Powell is capable of that zero-to-100 performance, as he’s now proven on numerous occasions, has to be rattling around Nurse’s frontal lobe in late April, when he ultimately encounters a playoff situation in which he needs a spark. When the carefully laid plans go to hell. When he just wants to shake things up.

He’s been doing it most of the season, really. Sunday was an extremely rare occasion in which the Raptors did not list an inactive regular. The team’s full arsenal was at Nurse’s disposal, which is why he mixed and matched with so many different lineups throughout the night, and ended up giving 10 players 11 minutes or more of run.

The return of Kyle Lowry facilitated it.
                            We should all be rooting for Norm to win the 9th spot based on merit. When he's on his game, Powell provides the best 2-way flexibility of all the available options, giving any of Kyle, Danny and Kawhi an extended break. Nurse should just pencil Norm in now and lock the rotation, because he's a player that needs consistency in his role. Otherwise, I think we should be giving Malcolm Miller some non-garbage time audition minutes.

Comment

Counterpoint: what's the point of being a fan of a great team and not believing they can win the championship?

There's plenty of time to "live in reality" when we're not one of the top 3 teams in the league
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Counterpoint: what's the point of being a fan of a great team and not believing they can win the championship?

There's plenty of time to "live in reality" when we're not one of the top 3 teams in the league
                                I think it's been pretty clear for some time this team is going to try and flip a switch come playoff time. I have my doubts that they are going to find eighth gear because they haven't used it in too long but I also believe this team is capable of finding it and, if they do, they will be in the Finals and when you're in the Finals, there is always a chance. People forget that GSW was a Chris Paul injury away from not even being in the Finals last year. Anything can happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X