Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #74 - Raptors (51-22) vs Hornets (33-39); Sunday March 24th at 6pm EDT on TSN4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post

Counterpoint: what's the point of being a fan of a great team and not believing they can win the championship?

There's plenty of time to "live in reality" when we're not one of the top 3 teams in the league
    I'm not going to delude myself.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Come on man live a little. One game at a time.

Kawhi has been subtly selling all year that he has another gear hes unleashing in the playoffs. He has the physical ability to be the best player in the world, we've seen it on another team.

I'm concerned right now sure, but I'm excited.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Well, as a fan I want to have as much fun as possible, so I’m not going to spend the rest of this season in a gloomy mood
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Well, as a fan I want to have as much fun as possible, so I’m not going to spend the rest of this season in a gloomy mood
          Mr Bond, I must inform you that part of being sports is being upset and anxiety ridden for 90% of the time. It's so much fun, caring about this inconsequential shit. Life isnt stressful enough, we here at RR also get grey hairs and blood pressure issues because of a basketball team
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I think that I can understand that the Raptors have a slim chance of being knocked out in the first or second round, great chance of making the ECF, a good chance of winning the ECF and a puncher's chance in the Finals. Any of the Warriors, the Rockets, Raptors, the Bucks, Sixers and Celtics could conceivably be in the ECF or finals. Anyone thinking otherwise or the ones who are delusional .... it's much more wide open than some realize. In the post season, anything can happen, including the GSW not winning or perhaps in the Finals.

Understanding all this will keep me from ridiculous fire-Nurse-Kyleis-terrible-Masai-has-to-gois-sky-is-falling rants....anything can happen. And it might be but not necessarily the coach's fault (as many are only too ready to bleat), since the odds of Raps making the finals or winning it all is only decent, not great imo.

I'm still going to enjoy the hell out of it

Comment

• $800 shoes lmao

https://mobile.twitter.com/brkicks/s...53348299726848
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

We should all be rooting for Norm to win the 9th spot based on merit. When he's on his game, Powell provides the best 2-way flexibility of all the available options, giving any of Kyle, Danny and Kawhi an extended break. Nurse should just pencil Norm in now and lock the rotation, because he's a player that needs consistency in his role. Otherwise, I think we should be giving Malcolm Miller some non-garbage time audition minutes.
                Every time Miller's played he's knocked down a 3 on either his first or second attempt. Might be a position or defensive match-up issue???

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Every time Miller's played he's knocked down a 3 on either his first or second attempt. Might be a position or defensive match-up issue???
                  More like a business issue.

Norm's being paid 10M/yr. He's getting first crack at the 9th spot unless he's completely un-playable and he sometimes is.

We pushed really hard to recruit Lin and probably promised him or his agent something, so he's also getting a serious shot to make the rotation. Also, Nurse just loves point guards.

Same thing with McCaw - we probably promised him a chance to earn some development minutes.

On a team with less depth (see: Grizzlies, Memphis), Miller would probably get a fair shot to jump over those guys in the pecking order, but for business reasons, he's been relegated to garbage time. The thing is that we could really use his size and shooting off the bench in the CJ Miles role.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Miller is a very solid player. I've heard both Nurse and Stackhouse when he was here say really good things about Miller. Both alluded to the fact he's very sound fundamentally (benefited a lot from the Raps developement program over the past couple of years), and it's not mistake prone (in contrast to Loyd who's more explosive).

He doesn't gamble on either end of the floor, but can cover a lot of ground defensively (6'7" with 7' wingspan). He's a confident 3pt shooter but will stay on his lane, and will basically only dribble to attack a close out on his 3. He's basically a Danny Green lite. I wish we could see him more in non-garbage time.

Comment

Working...
                    X