No announcement yet.

Raptors @ Knicks Thursday March 28th 7:30pm at the Ghaaaarden. On SN! and East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors @ Knicks Thursday March 28th 7:30pm at the Ghaaaarden. On SN! and East

I was proud to start the epic 7 page thread for the Bulls game where the most fascinating thing posted was ....

Weird. Doesn't it seem like not that long ago Bulls games were huge and we could never figure out how to beat them? Not so the other night. A nice change after the LambBall. A lot of weird lineups but I think that's what you're going to see for the rest of the year as Nurse tinkers to find which lineup works in which situation.
    We also saw a quick start and then a true coast to the finish. It's going to be tough to keep the excitement up in these next seven games. Maybe it's easier to see this through the two different hats we will be wearing for the duration of the regular season. First off...

The Zion Whisperer

We have 3 games left against the current 1st (Knicks), 4th (Bulls) and 11th (Wolves) worst teams. Any loss helps move them a bit closer to Zion and we will play a small role in doing our best to hand them those losses. Not so exciting but this is a Knicks game thread. As for the other role, that's...

Well, getting the 7th seed in the East might not make you the king, but there's a bunch of teams that really want to get into the playoffs. There is only one and a half games separating 6th from 9th (and only two and a half games from 6th to 10th). We have four games against that bunch including the Magic (8th), Nets (6th), Hornets (10th) and Heat (9th). Whether or not we have any intentional hand in it, the result of our games will not only affect who makes the playoffs but also who will land in a first round series against the Raptors. I think we can say goodbye to 59 wins as each of those teams will be playing at full throttle. But for tonight, maybe a team playing at semi throttle.

I'm not sure it's worth the effort to list the Knicks line up. It's littered with lottery picks that have amounted to not much so far. Anyone could have a hot night but nobody really does. At least we have Fiz

As for our lineup, it'll probably have the usual starters but then Nick will come up with his special formula to see just who plays when and where

If anyone is going to the game, do your best to (not) get thrown out

The best we can hope for is seeing some chemistry develop, see the bench guys do well and have everyone come out healthy.

Go Raps!
    (and Go Jays!)

Great Job Jclaw

Comment

Yeah, I'm not going to be watching this game hahaha. Would much rather watch the Sweet Sixteen than watch the disinterested Raptors play the abomination that is the Knicks
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

My god this thread is gorgeous, a sight to behold. Nothing gets my motor running and juices flowing like the wheel of fortune, in motion.

I hope we win out so you take us into game 1 jclaw. God speed.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          My god this thread is gorgeous, a sight to behold. Nothing gets my motor running and juices flowing like the wheel of fortune, in motion.

I hope we win out so you take us into game 1 jclaw. God speed.
          We need to give out awards for the most beautiful thread at the end of the season.

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

We need to give out awards for the most beautiful thread at the end of the season.
            Why stop there? A whole awards show, the republys. Most improved poster, gif of the year...MC'd by our resident wordsmith demographic shift
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Can’t we just send our 905. They need the practice. Boucher with the minimalist outrageous triple double. 10 blocks 12 boards 12 points. 905 are going all out to win again.
              Last edited by Gonzz; Wed Mar 27, 2019, 08:34 PM.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Why stop there? A whole awards show, the republys. Most improved poster, gif of the year...MC'd by our resident wordsmith demographic shift
                I hate to cut you off.... Ima let you finish.... BUT SUPERJUDGE HAD ONE OF THE BEST POSTS OF ALL TIME!!
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

We are playing The Nicks who are playing for draft seeding but it is still Game Day!

Comment

Tonight the Raps are resting
                    Leonard... Lowry ... Green...OG...Pascal...Serge.... Marc.... Freddy.... Norm... McCaw....

Though they are going to be on the floor.. they are playing the Knicks... so while unorthodox.. its still constitutes a rest game.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

Too much trash talking guys, we will end up eating major crow as it happens from time to time this season. Let's be modest.

Expecting a BLOWOUT
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Geez.. what an idiot.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          Tonight the Raps are resting
                          Leonard... Lowry ... Green...OG...Pascal...Serge.... Marc.... Freddy.... Norm... McCaw....

Though they are going to be on the floor.. they are playing the Knicks... so while unorthodox.. its still constitutes a rest game.
                          Kawhi is actually load managing. The other guys get the glorified practice.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Geez.. what an idiot.

Idiot indeed.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I assume OG will be out right.. that elbow to the head last time out looked pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X