• Show
Clear All

• rocwell
    replied

official press release

Leave a comment:

• rapfan10
    replied
    Raptors get higher TV ratings than hockey?!?!

Who's pumped up for a game 7??

Anyways... I was on bleacher report and I was reading how the raptors got higher TV ratings for game 5 than the three game 7s for hockey.

Raptors-Nets Got Higher Ratings in Canada on Wednesday Than Three NHL Game 7′s | The Big Lead (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1iTkkh3

Although it wasn't the maple leafs, being a raptors fan I'm delighted to hear from statistics that basketball is growing and it is drawing near to hockey.

*to TSN* take note that raptors fans do deserve attention sometimes more than hockey.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    MunsMunny wrote: View Post
    As big of Leafs fan I am. The Leafs not making the playoffs have brang alot more interest to the Raptors, such is much needed.
    Ouch! Just seeing those positioned Raptor claws hurts.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Raptors ratings are the future, man. Just look at the demographics at the ACC - a lot of youth and a lot of minorities (1st or 2nd generation Canadians). Hockey will maintain its popularity for a long time but doesn't have anywhere near the room for growth that the Raps fan base has. Team success will accelerate things. Just the same as these Canadian kids being first round draft picks now, 12-15 years after Vinsanity, if Ujiri can sustain some success here we'll see the benefits of it for years down the road.

Leave a comment:

• TSF
    replied
    FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen
    And keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again
    And don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin
    And there's no tellin' who that it's namin'
    For the loser now will be later to win (Raptors)
    For the times they are a-changin'

Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin'
    Using a Dylan quote in a Raptors thread may be my favorite thing ever.

Leave a comment:

• 2KJ
    replied
    This is great, these are great numbers. This also goes to show how multicultural this city/country is. I went to ML Square for game 4, and my it was a melting pot. There's that famous dude with that Guyanese flag, lots of Asians (filipinos included), brown people, black people, white people, etc.

The country may still be a hockey nation, but this city is a basketball town. The local media just doesn't show it as they only show hockey, but now this city/country is getting recognized with having one of the best fans in the league!!!

This city in particular is hungry for a winning team. And so far, the Raptors are the best Toronto team at the moment.

Don't even dare compare the ratings or number of viewers when it comes to Raptor games. As most of the Raptor games are shown in TSN2 SN1, which are not available on basic cable. Most of us end up viewing games on livestream online "illegally".

Leave a comment:

• MunsMunny
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I believe it was Sid Seixeiro.

Let's all thank the Maple Queafs for being a gracious big sister, and completely crumbling during the final 3 weeks of the season. Finally, the Toronto Sports Network (TSN) has a REAL team to cover.
    As big of Leafs fan I am. The Leafs not making the playoffs have brang alot more interest to the Raptors, such is much needed.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Who was it on radio that had the rant about how critical it was for Raptors fans to have a crowd outside orf the ACC for every game? I would say he is right on. It has drawn attention across the continent. And probably one of the things that has prompted people to tune into the games, just as he said it would.

I think it is reasonable to credit the 3-4 thousand (or whatever) people who faced the weather to do it with helping to draw attention to Toronto's love of the team. And there is no doubt in my mind that the media types in the city and country and on the internet are paying attention.
    I believe it was Sid Seixeiro.

Let's all thank the Maple Queafs for being a gracious big sister, and completely crumbling during the final 3 weeks of the season. Finally, the Toronto Sports Network (TSN) has a REAL team to cover.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Who was it on radio that had the rant about how critical it was for Raptors fans to have a crowd outside orf the ACC for every game? I would say he is right on. It has drawn attention across the continent. And probably one of the things that has prompted people to tune into the games, just as he said it would.

I think it is reasonable to credit the 3-4 thousand (or whatever) people who faced the weather to do it with helping to draw attention to Toronto's love of the team. And there is no doubt in my mind that the media types in the city and country and on the internet are paying attention.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    FoxMachine wrote: View Post

Epic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ball4life
    replied
    just saying... Leafs heartbreaker to Boston in game 7 last year hit 5.1 mill viewers.. and reached 12.9 mill audience peacking at around 8.5 mill during the game.

we are on the right track but still long way to go

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    Lets kill Brooklyn, put up a good fight against Miami.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    1 million viewers, is the magic number for what is considered ratings gold in Canada. It gives a good perspective of the basketball landscape in Canada for it to take this long to achieve that number. I bet the Leafs get 2 million viewers every regular season game.

At least, we finally got there since it is about damn time.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Pierce shoots 0-10! Book it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X