No announcement yet.

Raptors TV broadcast thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was it on radio that had the rant about how critical it was for Raptors fans to have a crowd outside orf the ACC for every game? I would say he is right on. It has drawn attention across the continent. And probably one of the things that has prompted people to tune into the games, just as he said it would.

I think it is reasonable to credit the 3-4 thousand (or whatever) people who faced the weather to do it with helping to draw attention to Toronto's love of the team. And there is no doubt in my mind that the media types in the city and country and on the internet are paying attention.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      Who was it on radio that had the rant about how critical it was for Raptors fans to have a crowd outside orf the ACC for every game? I would say he is right on. It has drawn attention across the continent. And probably one of the things that has prompted people to tune into the games, just as he said it would.

I think it is reasonable to credit the 3-4 thousand (or whatever) people who faced the weather to do it with helping to draw attention to Toronto's love of the team. And there is no doubt in my mind that the media types in the city and country and on the internet are paying attention.
      I believe it was Sid Seixeiro.

Let's all thank the Maple Queafs for being a gracious big sister, and completely crumbling during the final 3 weeks of the season. Finally, the Toronto Sports Network (TSN) has a REAL team to cover.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I believe it was Sid Seixeiro.

Let's all thank the Maple Queafs for being a gracious big sister, and completely crumbling during the final 3 weeks of the season. Finally, the Toronto Sports Network (TSN) has a REAL team to cover.
        As big of Leafs fan I am. The Leafs not making the playoffs have brang alot more interest to the Raptors, such is much needed.
        Brazilian Kevin Durant

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/x...ptors_2014.jpg
        http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/x...rst-Pick-1.gif

Twitter: rmuns12

Comment

• This is great, these are great numbers. This also goes to show how multicultural this city/country is. I went to ML Square for game 4, and my it was a melting pot. There's that famous dude with that Guyanese flag, lots of Asians (filipinos included), brown people, black people, white people, etc.

The country may still be a hockey nation, but this city is a basketball town. The local media just doesn't show it as they only show hockey, but now this city/country is getting recognized with having one of the best fans in the league!!!

This city in particular is hungry for a winning team. And so far, the Raptors are the best Toronto team at the moment.

Don't even dare compare the ratings or number of viewers when it comes to Raptor games. As most of the Raptor games are shown in TSN2 SN1, which are not available on basic cable. Most of us end up viewing games on livestream online "illegally".

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
            Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen
            And keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again
            And don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin
            And there's no tellin' who that it's namin'
            For the loser now will be later to win (Raptors)
            For the times they are a-changin'

Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin'
            Using a Dylan quote in a Raptors thread may be my favorite thing ever.
            @Boymusic66

Comment

• Raptors ratings are the future, man. Just look at the demographics at the ACC - a lot of youth and a lot of minorities (1st or 2nd generation Canadians). Hockey will maintain its popularity for a long time but doesn't have anywhere near the room for growth that the Raps fan base has. Team success will accelerate things. Just the same as these Canadian kids being first round draft picks now, 12-15 years after Vinsanity, if Ujiri can sustain some success here we'll see the benefits of it for years down the road.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• MunsMunny wrote: View Post
                As big of Leafs fan I am. The Leafs not making the playoffs have brang alot more interest to the Raptors, such is much needed.
                Ouch! Just seeing those positioned Raptor claws hurts.

Comment

• Raptors get higher TV ratings than hockey?!?!

Who's pumped up for a game 7??

Anyways... I was on bleacher report and I was reading how the raptors got higher TV ratings for game 5 than the three game 7s for hockey.

Raptors-Nets Got Higher Ratings in Canada on Wednesday Than Three NHL Game 7′s | The Big Lead (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1iTkkh3

Although it wasn't the maple leafs, being a raptors fan I'm delighted to hear from statistics that basketball is growing and it is drawing near to hockey.

*to TSN* take note that raptors fans do deserve attention sometimes more than hockey.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• official press release

Comment

• Not very surprising. I'm sure it would be a different story if the Leafs were still in, though.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• If you find any info on the game tonight it would be good to know

Comment

• u stupid idiot that article dont mean shit...forbes also said that soccer is the most played sport in USA and canada more than football and hockey combined at a youth level....but thats JUST at youth level when kids grow up they usually go back to watching the most popular sports hockey in canada and football is US....im a huge raps fan but hey u cant hate on the leafs or hockey just because they are more popular if u dont like leave the country but dont hate...atleast thank god we have a basketball team here in toronto

Comment

• I would atleast rank raptors below CFL and NFL as well...NFL gets huge TV ratings in canada yet they have nothing to do with canada. Superbowls have been average 5-8 million viewers per game and CFL gets really good ratings as well....its hockey, football, baseball and than basketball in canada maybe thats why we are on 2nd tier networks. But remember its the TV viewers that generate the money, so when basketball games average 200,000 average viewers per game throughout the season why would they be on main networks?

Comment

• naw dude i was at the maple leafs square last year for the leafs and half the ppl outside were brown. and raptors ratings are good but they only hit the 1 million viewer mark after the 2001 game 7 916,000...in the past 13 years canada population has increased by 3-4 million ppl most of the immigrants landing in GTA...So an increase of less than 100,000 viewers is not big deal and also remember ratings went down for game 7 rather going up proves most are just casual fan who will watch if the games on.

Comment

• GorapsGO123 wrote: View Post
                                naw dude i was at the maple leafs square last year for the leafs and half the ppl outside were brown. and raptors ratings are good but they only hit the 1 million viewer mark after the 2001 game 7 916,000...in the past 13 years canada population has increased by 3-4 million ppl most of the immigrants landing in GTA...So an increase of less than 100,000 viewers is not big deal and also remember ratings went down for game 7 rather going up proves most are just casual fan who will watch if the games on.
                                Stop about game 7 shit.

Many peeps watched this game on ABC. I did too. LP used ONLY ABC feed.

Heck... even my parents watched game 7 on ABC.

Comment

Working...
                                X