Kind of random.

Him as head coach? Assistant?
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Head
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Point guard coach.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Ollie looks like he could still play. He did an excellent job. Hopefully he stays in UConn, BUT, I'm sure that NBA GMs will be calling. Good for him.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              Head
              Stupidest idea ever. So you want the Raptors to hire a 'rookie' coach and replace the guy that is leading them to one of their best season ever??? makes sense.

Casey don't get much respect in this forum just like DeRozan. SMH.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Stupidest idea ever. So you want the Raptors to hire a 'rookie' coach and replace the guy that is leading them to one of their best season ever??? makes sense.

I bold this X10000

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

Agreed. I'd never give up Casey for anything but a proven coach. Van Gundies or bust!
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

If we start rebuilding, then why not

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

It will be hard to get rid of Casey after the job he's done this season but one of the few guys I see being able to supplant him would be Ollie. I think he'd fit in well with the Leiweke-Ujiri team and he has a very strong connection with Kevin Durant. There's already rumours that he'd be a contender for the OKC job if Brooks comes up short again this year with the Thunder.

Comment

Casey got the team to the playoffs.. but if they get swept or lose 4-1 a change *could* still be made. Ollie is a good candidate but are there rumours that he'd be interested in coaching the NBA? Coaching college ball and professional ball are two completely different things. There is a reason why coach K hasn't come to the NBA.

He's got a good thing going in UConn.. I'd be surprised if he leaves.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                          It will be hard to get rid of Casey after the job he's done this season but one of the few guys I see being able to supplant him would be Ollie. I think he'd fit in well with the Leiweke-Ujiri team and he has a very strong connection with Kevin Durant. There's already rumours that he'd be a contender for the OKC job if Brooks comes up short again this year with the Thunder.
                          We should totally aim for Brooks once OKC tosses him aside!

#SloppySeconds

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Casey got the team to the playoffs.. but if they get swept or lose 4-1 a change *could* still be made. Ollie is a good candidate but are there rumours that he'd be interested in coaching the NBA? Coaching college ball and professional ball are two completely different things. There is a reason why coach K hasn't come to the NBA.

He's got a good thing going in UConn.. I'd be surprised if he leaves.
                            Coach K is sort of in a category all his own though - he already makes more than any NBA coach and is treated like nothing short of a religious figure at Duke and in it's surrounding community. For the rest of the college coaches outside of those select few, the NBA means a nice pay increase, a five star lifestyle while you're at work, increased notoriety and a chance to coach at what a large number of them would consider the pinnacle of the sport.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              Just throwing it out there...
                              Couple of things about K. Ollie. Most recent Durrant interview I saw last week he credits Ollie for changing the culture in OKC when he was an assistant coach there. Says he was instrumental in getting everyone to be a professional and on board as a collective.

To go into that UConn program and have them win the title this year is impressive. His attitude and demeanor is infectious and although I would be surprised to see him leave UConn he will get NBA offers without a doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X