Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regular Season Awards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

    I think masai should get it. had the 2nd biggest move of the off-season and it was actually successful unlike he Lakers. also some sort of weight should be put on Pascal's development. I get Elton brand may be an option but his moves can't really be evaluated till the postseason although you could say the same for us. a second round exit is where they were last year so the same result doesn't really move the needle for either team. I always wonder how they base these awards Morey got it for getting Paul and Meyers for signing Durant. kawhi is just as big additon as those guys but it came via trade. do voters value free agent signings over trades? Masai off season moves definatly took the biggest balls over anything in recent memory rolling the dice on trading the franchise player is an ultimate big time move and it so far has worked out.
    Morey got CP3 via trade too, for what it's worth.

    The 76ers seem the closest comparison, getting Butler and then Harris at the deadline to mirror Kawhi and then Gasol at the deadline. Neither team's record will have shifted much from last year, though both teams made the deals with the playoffs in mind anyway.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • #17
      Some of the awards this year are going to be tough to call. Here is my stab at it.

      MVP: Giannis (1), Harden (2), Curry (3)
      ROY: Luka (1), Trae (2), Bagley (3)
      COY: Doc (1), Bud (2), Malone (3)
      DPOY: Giannis (1), George (2), Gobert (3)
      MIP: Siakam (1), D'Angelo (2), Bogdanovich (3)
      6MOY: Lou (1), Harrell (2), Sabonis (3)
      EOY: Horst (1), Masai (2), Myers (3)
      FMVP: Kawhi (1), Lowry (2), Siakam (3)


      All-NBA:

      1st team: Jokic, Giannis, George, Curry, Harden
      2nd team: Embiid, Durant, James, Lillard, Kyrie
      3rd team: KAT, Kawhi, Griffin, Kemba, Westbrook

      Comment


      • #18
        planetmars wrote: View Post
        Some of the awards this year are going to be tough to call. Here is my stab at it.

        MVP: Giannis (1), Harden (2), Curry (3)
        ROY: Luka (1), Trae (2), Bagley (3)
        COY: Doc (1), Bud (2), Malone (3)
        DPOY: Giannis (1), George (2), Gobert (3)
        MIP: Siakam (1), D'Angelo (2), Bogdanovich (3)
        6MOY: Lou (1), Harrell (2), Sabonis (3)
        EOY: Horst (1), Masai (2), Myers (3)
        FMVP: Kawhi (1), Lowry (2), Siakam (3)


        All-NBA:

        1st team: Jokic, Giannis, George, Curry, Harden
        2nd team: Embiid, Durant, James, Lillard, Kyrie
        3rd team: KAT, Kawhi, Griffin, Kemba, Westbrook
        I pretty much agree with you All NBA teams except for lebron on the 2nd team. If i was a voter i wouldnt even put him on the 3rd. I have griffin and kawhi above him. Dont see how his season can be viewed as having a better season as kawhi or griffin. I get voters will favor him but imo last forward spot should be a 3 way race between Aldridge, Davis and Lebron. If i was voting id put Aldridge, soured on AD after the new orelens fiasco and Lebron by all pre season prediction had a faliure of a season and played 55 games.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

        Comment


        • #19
          ESPN has their take on the award season:
          http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ons-should-win


          Here are their winners:

          ROY - Doncic
          COY - Bud
          6MOY - Lou
          MIP - Siakam
          DPOY - Gobert
          MVP - Giannis

          Comment


          • #20
            bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

            I pretty much agree with you All NBA teams except for lebron on the 2nd team. If i was a voter i wouldnt even put him on the 3rd. I have griffin and kawhi above him. Dont see how his season can be viewed as having a better season as kawhi or griffin. I get voters will favor him but imo last forward spot should be a 3 way race between Aldridge, Davis and Lebron. If i was voting id put Aldridge, soured on AD after the new orelens fiasco and Lebron by all pre season prediction had a faliure of a season and played 55 games.
            Just because of 55 GP?
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

            Comment


            • #21
              S.R. wrote: View Post

              Just because of 55 GP?
              no not just because of the games. the position of his team in the standings and performance compared to preseason expectations. kawhi has missed games but Toronto is at the top of the standings. blake has carried pistons to the playoffs i put them both above lebron. that means he's fighting for the last spot on the 3rd team IMO. he probably gets on that last team but I would reward a player who has been able to translate his ability to team success like Aldridge.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

              Comment


              • #22
                You can tar and feather me now, because the court of popular opinion has rendered its decision. But I think Harden is the MVP. Bucks are 6th in the East without Giannis IMO. Rockets are BAAAAAAD this year without Harden. Probably only ahead of Phoenix. Especially factoring Bucks have been fairly healthy all year until now and Rockets were pretty decimated. And lost key guys from last year, whereas Bucks have added guys. And yet, Harden remains the biggest threat to the Warriors out West
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • #23
                  KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  You can tar and feather me now, because the court of popular opinion has rendered its decision. But I think Harden is the MVP. Bucks are 6th in the East without Giannis IMO. Rockets are BAAAAAAD this year without Harden. Probably only ahead of Phoenix. Especially factoring Bucks have been fairly healthy all year until now and Rockets were pretty decimated. And lost key guys from last year, whereas Bucks have added guys. And yet, Harden remains the biggest threat to the Warriors out West
                  No, I'm with you. What Harden has done in Houston is absolutely incredible. Houston doesn't make the playoffs without him. With him, they are, as you say, likely the biggest threat to GSW out West. I think Giannis will get his turn sooner rather than later but Harden deserves this one.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    You can tar and feather me now, because the court of popular opinion has rendered its decision. But I think Harden is the MVP. Bucks are 6th in the East without Giannis IMO. Rockets are BAAAAAAD this year without Harden. Probably only ahead of Phoenix. Especially factoring Bucks have been fairly healthy all year until now and Rockets were pretty decimated. And lost key guys from last year, whereas Bucks have added guys. And yet, Harden remains the biggest threat to the Warriors out West
                    I just think it much more difficult for voters to give a guy back to back awards. It seems like they want to reward the new guy on the scene lately. It's hard to argue for Harden when his team is lower in the standings then last year when he won the award. Now giannis he has made the leap from a 6th seed to number 1 in the league. Yes some of that is probably due to the new coach and system but still it seems more impressive to me what the bucks have been able to do then rockets. If anything houston may have underperformed preseason expectations where milwaukee exploded past where everyone expected. This was a run away 2 months ago but Hardens been so damm good since January that now its actually a race. If he hadn't won last year i think he might take it... But giannis is the new face of the league and i expect him to walk away with it.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      My own personal executive of the year likely isn't going to get even a single vote.

                      Dell Demps handled the Rich Paul/Magic Johnson manipulations/Anthony Davis trade demand perfectly. Not only did he do the right thing (hold on to the asset until the offseason), but he gave any team that wishes to back-door tamper (or any agent that wishes to bring on players under contract to his star player's team to the contract holder's detriment) cause to think twice.

                      And... he got fired for it. So he's not likely to get any support from the awards voters.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                        My own personal executive of the year likely isn't going to get even a single vote.

                        Dell Demps handled the Rich Paul/Magic Johnson manipulations/Anthony Davis trade demand perfectly. Not only did he do the right thing (hold on to the asset until the offseason), but he gave any team that wishes to back-door tamper (or any agent that wishes to bring on players under contract to his star player's team to the contract holder's detriment) cause to think twice.

                        And... he got fired for it. So he's not likely to get any support from the awards voters.
                        I can't argue against any GM who screws over the Lakers or Celtics, good point.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                          My own personal executive of the year likely isn't going to get even a single vote.

                          Dell Demps handled the Rich Paul/Magic Johnson manipulations/Anthony Davis trade demand perfectly. Not only did he do the right thing (hold on to the asset until the offseason), but he gave any team that wishes to back-door tamper (or any agent that wishes to bring on players under contract to his star player's team to the contract holder's detriment) cause to think twice.

                          And... he got fired for it. So he's not likely to get any support from the awards voters.
                          LOL that award acceptance speech would be more awkward then Caseys
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            planetmars wrote: View Post
                            ESPN has their take on the award season:
                            http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ons-should-win


                            Here are their winners:

                            ROY - Doncic
                            COY - Bud
                            6MOY - Lou
                            MIP - Siakam
                            DPOY - Gobert
                            MVP - Giannis
                            Agreed.

                            Giannis, Luka and Skills ahould all be unanimous.

                            The Rockets GM the other day was whining about the MVP/place in the standings debate. I just find it hilarious because the main reason why Harden won the MVP over LeBron last year was because of the Rockets record.
                            Is this the dagger!!!?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The Great One wrote: View Post

                              Agreed.

                              Giannis, Luka and Skills ahould all be unanimous.

                              The Rockets GM the other day was whining about the MVP/place in the standings debate. I just find it hilarious because the main reason why Harden won the MVP over LeBron last year was because of the Rockets record.
                              Also because Harden had the best season. Its a little surprising how little respect Harden and the Rockets get tbh. Even if you think Giannis should get MVP its close. Harden has had a fantastic season, and is the best offensive player in the league right now. Its like Curry in the pre KD era, dude is the offense and there isnt much other teams can do.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

                                Also because Harden had the best season. Its a little surprising how little respect Harden and the Rockets get tbh. Even if you think Giannis should get MVP its close. Harden has had a fantastic season, and is the best offensive player in the league right now. Its like Curry in the pre KD era, dude is the offense and there isnt much other teams can do.
                                I don't think it should be close at all. You mentioned Harden's numbers, Giannis numbers this year is out of this world as well. And the Bucks have the best record in the NBA. Giannis also doesn't have a true superstar like Chris Paul to play with.

                                The Bucks are basically Giannis + a bunch of role players.
                                Is this the dagger!!!?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X