• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post

And his BlackBerry
    I think that's already retired, to the junk drawer with old chargers, a few loose batteries that may or may not work, and that one key from the old apartment

Leave a comment:

replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

We'll retire his suit jacket into the rafters.
    And his BlackBerry

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Masai will one day win the lifetime achievement award as well. It's all good.
    We'll retire his suit jacket into the rafters.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Masai will one day win the lifetime achievement award as well. It's all good.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Honestly though the fact Masai has NEVER won as a Raptor is a joke. They've only released voting the last 3 years..Masai was 15th in 16-17, and 5th in 17-18
    He's made basically every other team executive in the league look bad ... you expect anyone to vote for him except for people in Toronto/Canada? Lol We all know the truth.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Team with best records win these awards. Unless you win too many times. These awards are a joke

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Honestly though the fact Masai has NEVER won as a Raptor is a joke. They've only released voting the last 3 years..Masai was 15th in 16-17, and 5th in 17-18

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

I always find it very strange when a team wins both EOTY and COTY. Like, was it the roster, or the coaching? If both, how did either do so well as to win the award on their own? Especially with Giannis winning MVP as well... like, you can make the argument for 2 of the 3, but all 3? Why not just consolidate the award into a single award called "first place in the standings."
    To be honest they're both basically BS awards. COTY is usually "most improved/most suprising" team, and EOTY is "most improved, as long as you at least one good trade good or singing"

They're team awards, COTY especially is usually for doing the most with the the least, or surprising.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Congrats Siakam! Can easily see some all-nba honours for him going forward.

As for Masai.. I didn't expect him to win.. I just thought the moves Horst made were pretty big, and they got 60 wins out of it. Including hiring the COY, getting Lopez for cheap, trading for Mirotic and resigning Bledsoe to a great deal (of course in hindsight that deal looks shaky now). But to come up 4th in the voting? After Frank as well? Yikes. Even if they don't take the playoffs into account.. you have to give him more love.

I mean Frank drafted SGA and made that Harris trade. But is that "better" than trading for Kawhi and Gasol? I guess so.

Here are the full results of the EOY voting results:

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    New Shaq hard to understand?
    -Hammered
    As most know, I'm not a fan of the former drunky-drake but Shaq's joke about him as mascot is stale and lame.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Voters love big shifts in the standings for COY/EOY. Bucks had #1 seed and jumped from 44 wins to 60 wins. Hard to beat even though Masai made bigger moves.
    I always find it very strange when a team wins both EOTY and COTY. Like, was it the roster, or the coaching? If both, how did either do so well as to win the award on their own? Especially with Giannis winning MVP as well... like, you can make the argument for 2 of the 3, but all 3? Why not just consolidate the award into a single award called "first place in the standings."

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I'm not a fan of "me ball" but Harden was amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Voters love big shifts in the standings for COY/EOY. Bucks had #1 seed and jumped from 44 wins to 60 wins. Hard to beat even though Masai made bigger moves.
    Also winners determined before playoffs. The EOY is one award that should include playoff results given roster construction and in season trades are done with one goal in mind, to win a championship!

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied
    Who tf won EOY?

I THOUGHT BOBBY AND MASAI WERE LOCKS FOR THAT

Leave a comment:

Working...
X