Clear All

• golden
    replied
    Pascal got a few votes. That's nice.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Man, that vote cost Towns a boatload of money.....
    He can start by thanking Wiggins for playing 36 min a night of awful lazy basketball. Playoff teams also get the individual awards.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

You pretty much nailed the all NBA. except lebron and kawhi swapped. and Gorbert made it over KAT
    Man, that vote cost Towns a boatload of money.....

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Some of the awards this year are going to be tough to call. Here is my stab at it.

MVP: Giannis (1), Harden (2), Curry (3)
    ROY: Luka (1), Trae (2), Bagley (3)
    COY: Doc (1), Bud (2), Malone (3)
    DPOY: Giannis (1), George (2), Gobert (3)
    MIP: Siakam (1), D'Angelo (2), Bogdanovich (3)
    6MOY: Lou (1), Harrell (2), Sabonis (3)
    EOY: Horst (1), Masai (2), Myers (3)
    FMVP: Kawhi (1), Lowry (2), Siakam (3)

All-NBA:

1st team: Jokic, Giannis, George, Curry, Harden
    2nd team: Embiid, Durant, James, Lillard, Kyrie
    3rd team: KAT, Kawhi, Griffin, Kemba, Westbrook
    You pretty much nailed the all NBA. except lebron and kawhi swapped. and Gorbert made it over KAT

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    bumping this thread. All-NBA will be announced today lets see how we did with our picks

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

As a Raptor fan, Masai should win Executive of the Year award simply for somehow managing to acquire Green in the DeRozan/Leonard deal
    You mean acquiring Kawhi in the DeRozan/Green deal

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Can't look past the moves the Bucks (Jon Horst) made this off season.

- Hired Bud
    - Signed Ilyasova, Lopez and Connaughton in the summer
    - Traded for George Hill
    - Traded for Mirotic
    - Re-signed Bledsoe to a good deal
    - #1 team in the NBA

Nothing splashy like Masai or Brand... but Horst got them an elite coach and an elite bench to surround their super star who will most likely get the MVP.
    Horst inherited Giannis and Middleton so it’s hard to give him too much credit for getting rid of Kidd (which happened last year), hiring Bud and tweaking around the fringes. Giannis is hellbent on winning, so the breakthrough was coming anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post

I agree, Masai is probably the exec this year with the most successful combination of draftee breakthrough (Siakam), high end player acquisition (Kawhi), upgrade at deadline (Gasol) and overall team success. Philly front office has done well too though.
    As a Raptor fan, Masai should win Executive of the Year award simply for somehow managing to acquire Green in the DeRozan/Leonard deal

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Hey both Paul Pierce and Jalen Rose on ABC NBA Sunday Showcase declared Siakam MIP during highlights of Raps beating Heat shown at half time OKC vs MIN.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

- Hired Bud
    - Traded for George Hill
    - Traded for Mirotic
    - #1 team in the NBA

Nothing splashy like Masai or Brand... but Horst got them an elite coach and an elite bench to surround their super star who will most likely get the MVP.
    I haven't followed how well Mirotic has been playing for the Bucks. That was a huge addition at the time

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

- Hired Bud
    - Traded for George Hill
    - Traded for Mirotic
    - #1 team in the NBA

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied

I think masai should get it. had the 2nd biggest move of the off-season and it was actually successful unlike he Lakers. also some sort of weight should be put on Pascal's development. I get Elton brand may be an option but his moves can't really be evaluated till the postseason although you could say the same for us. a second round exit is where they were last year so the same result doesn't really move the needle for either team. I always wonder how they base these awards Morey got it for getting Paul and Meyers for signing Durant. kawhi is just as big additon as those guys but it came via trade. do voters value free agent signings over trades? Masai off season moves definatly took the biggest balls over anything in recent memory rolling the dice on trading the franchise player is an ultimate big time move and it so far has worked out.
    I agree, Masai is probably the exec this year with the most successful combination of draftee breakthrough (Siakam), high end player acquisition (Kawhi), upgrade at deadline (Gasol) and overall team success. Philly front office has done well too though.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

I don't think it should be close at all. You mentioned Harden's numbers, Giannis numbers this year is out of this world as well. And the Bucks have the best record in the NBA. Giannis also doesn't have a true superstar like Chris Paul to play with.

The Bucks are basically Giannis + a bunch of role players.
    Chris paul is not a superstar anymore. Not even close

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Tmac2darak wrote: View Post

Like your pics but altimately think Harden will win MVP. Thou I'm rooting for Giannas.
    Again Spicy P should win MIP but I know Russel will win.
    And coach of the year? Gotta go Bud over Malone.
    I see a of people have been taking bud based on the improvement bucks have made. but nuggets have got waaaaaay better. went from outside the playoffs to going shot for shot with warriors for 1st in the west. also Jason kidd was such a bad coach adding bud should have been expected to make the team way better.

Leave a comment:

• Tmac2darak
    replied
    Seeing as its that time of year lets get your pick for Awards give me your top 3 for each category.

MVP
    1.Greak Freak
    2.Harden
    3.Jokic
    Honorable mention:Paul George

ROY
    1.Luka
    2.Trae "meth curry" young
    3. Bagley

If jaren jackson didnt get injuried i would have him #3 think he is the next best prospect behind luka and trae.

MIP
    1.Siakam
    2.Russel
    3.Monte Morris

DPOY
    1.Paul George
    2.Gobert
    3. Giannis

COY (closest race)
    1.Malone
    2.Mcmillian
    3.Doc/Bud

6 man
    1.Lou Will
    2. Derrick Rose
    3. Sabonis

Who Ya got?
    Like your pics but altimately think Harden will win MVP. Thou I'm rooting for Giannas.
    Again Spicy P should win MIP but I know Russel will win.
    And coach of the year? Gotta go Bud over Malone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X