6MOY - Lou
    MIP - Siakam
    DPOY - Gobert
    MVP - Giannis

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Some of the awards this year are going to be tough to call. Here is my stab at it.

MVP: Giannis (1), Harden (2), Curry (3)
    ROY: Luka (1), Trae (2), Bagley (3)
    COY: Doc (1), Bud (2), Malone (3)
    DPOY: Giannis (1), George (2), Gobert (3)
    MIP: Siakam (1), D'Angelo (2), Bogdanovich (3)
    6MOY: Lou (1), Harrell (2), Sabonis (3)
    EOY: Horst (1), Masai (2), Myers (3)
    FMVP: Kawhi (1), Lowry (2), Siakam (3)

All-NBA:

1st team: Jokic, Giannis, George, Curry, Harden
    2nd team: Embiid, Durant, James, Lillard, Kyrie
    3rd team: KAT, Kawhi, Griffin, Kemba, Westbrook
    I pretty much agree with you All NBA teams except for lebron on the 2nd team. If i was a voter i wouldnt even put him on the 3rd. I have griffin and kawhi above him. Dont see how his season can be viewed as having a better season as kawhi or griffin. I get voters will favor him but imo last forward spot should be a 3 way race between Aldridge, Davis and Lebron. If i was voting id put Aldridge, soured on AD after the new orelens fiasco and Lebron by all pre season prediction had a faliure of a season and played 55 games.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Some of the awards this year are going to be tough to call. Here is my stab at it.

MVP: Giannis (1), Harden (2), Curry (3)
    ROY: Luka (1), Trae (2), Bagley (3)
    COY: Doc (1), Bud (2), Malone (3)
    DPOY: Giannis (1), George (2), Gobert (3)
    MIP: Siakam (1), D'Angelo (2), Bogdanovich (3)
    6MOY: Lou (1), Harrell (2), Sabonis (3)
    EOY: Horst (1), Masai (2), Myers (3)
    FMVP: Kawhi (1), Lowry (2), Siakam (3)

All-NBA:

1st team: Jokic, Giannis, George, Curry, Harden
    2nd team: Embiid, Durant, James, Lillard, Kyrie
    3rd team: KAT, Kawhi, Griffin, Kemba, Westbrook

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think masai should get it. had the 2nd biggest move of the off-season and it was actually successful unlike he Lakers. also some sort of weight should be put on Pascal's development. I get Elton brand may be an option but his moves can't really be evaluated till the postseason although you could say the same for us. a second round exit is where they were last year so the same result doesn't really move the needle for either team. I always wonder how they base these awards Morey got it for getting Paul and Meyers for signing Durant. kawhi is just as big additon as those guys but it came via trade. do voters value free agent signings over trades? Masai off season moves definatly took the biggest balls over anything in recent memory rolling the dice on trading the franchise player is an ultimate big time move and it so far has worked out.
    Morey got CP3 via trade too, for what it's worth.

The 76ers seem the closest comparison, getting Butler and then Harris at the deadline to mirror Kawhi and then Gasol at the deadline. Neither team's record will have shifted much from last year, though both teams made the deals with the playoffs in mind anyway.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Haven’t seen much talk of Executive of the Year - I’m thinking Masai has to be the favourite, no? I don’t think anyone pegs the success this year on Nurse (who has been fine but has had some issues), the team is just wildly talented. Throw in the name upgrade in both the DD and JV trades (regardless of what one might think about the actual value of each trade), the “he got that guy too?” effect with Danny Green, picking up Lin (another name, regardless of performance), and the “he’s a good drafter” splash back from the Siakam MIP candidacy, and I’m wondering who else has the resume this year?
    I think masai should get it. had the 2nd biggest move of the off-season and it was actually successful unlike he Lakers. also some sort of weight should be put on Pascal's development. I get Elton brand may be an option but his moves can't really be evaluated till the postseason although you could say the same for us. a second round exit is where they were last year so the same result doesn't really move the needle for either team. I always wonder how they base these awards Morey got it for getting Paul and Meyers for signing Durant. kawhi is just as big additon as those guys but it came via trade. do voters value free agent signings over trades? Masai off season moves definatly took the biggest balls over anything in recent memory rolling the dice on trading the franchise player is an ultimate big time move and it so far has worked out.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Think anyone will make an All NBA team? Kawhi would be a lock but its hard to see voters rewarding a guy who played less than 60 games. Pascal might have a chance at third team with Lebron, Kawhi and Anthony Davis all missing massive chunks of time. Still wouldnt be surprised if voters give it to someone more established player.
    I think kawhi will get in on 2nd or 3rd. PG13 and Giannis are first team. then you got kawhi Durant griffin lebron maybe LaMarcus and AD if you consider them PF. I'd say kawhi should have a better season in voters eyes then LeBron. and Bron probably makes 3rd team just based on name. I'd have Durant kawhi 2nd team. griffin and LaMarcus 3rd but Bron probably steals LaMarcus spot cause media biased.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    Think anyone will make an All NBA team? Kawhi would be a lock but its hard to see voters rewarding a guy who played less than 60 games. Pascal might have a chance at third team with Lebron, Kawhi and Anthony Davis all missing massive chunks of time. Still wouldnt be surprised if voters give it to someone more established player.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

I actually don't see this team as "wildly" talented. I see them as more of a TEAM with good average talent that will need to outwork more talented teams. Some of the more talented teams have not added up to more than the sum of the parts imo
    I still think that characteristic of the team comes down to the players. Kawhi and Pascal are traditional stars - they do star things. But the other star players (Lowry, Gasol) and high end role players (Green, FVV) are all glue type players - the kind of players that fit into what a team is doing and make everyone around them better.

I don’t think we’ve seen particularly effective rotations for getting the most out of the team, and I don’t think we have seen the most this team can offer at all. But they are STILL really freaking good and that to me comes down to the roster construction.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

I actually don't see this team as "wildly" talented. I see them as more of a TEAM with good average talent that will need to outwork more talented teams. Some of the more talented teams have not added up to more than the sum of the parts imo
    This is true, but I think thats part of the reason Masai has done well. While teams like Philly and Boston were chasing big names Masai made a real team. There is something to be said for getting an elite role player like Danny Green instead of a fringe All-Star scorer like Tobias Harris to compliment your superstar.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    All these about who the ROY is is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Trae Young has been phenomenal the last 2 months. But Luka's been phenomenal since day 1. There shouldn't even be a debate really.
    No its luka award for sure but traes last 2 months have at least made it a conversation... Everyone is always going to compare those guys because of the draft night trade so i think that only adds to the talk. 3 months ago hawks looked like idiots... Today the conversation has shifted back Hawks have going to have two top 7-8 picks this year because of it. Haciumura would be a really good get if hes available when they pick plus maybe a cam reddish. thats a young talented team and will justify the trade IMO

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Haven’t seen much talk of Executive of the Year - I’m thinking Masai has to be the favourite, no? I don’t think anyone pegs the success this year on Nurse (who has been fine but has had some issues), the team is just wildly talented. Throw in the name upgrade in both the DD and JV trades (regardless of what one might think about the actual value of each trade), the “he got that guy too?” effect with Danny Green, picking up Lin (another name, regardless of performance), and the “he’s a good drafter” splash back from the Siakam MIP candidacy, and I’m wondering who else has the resume this year?

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    All these about who the ROY is is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Trae Young has been phenomenal the last 2 months. But Luka's been phenomenal since day 1. There shouldn't even be a debate really.
    Trae Young for the win at the buzzer in OT just this afternoon against the Bucks. (No Giannis) He’s had a lot of those buzzer beaters this year though...

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Horst (Bucks) and Elton Brand (Sixers) are the favorites, from what I've been seeing.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X