X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandomGuy
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

I hope the difference is we haven't seen Kawhi at near his best for many consecutive games yet. I want to see him dominate the stats sheets for a few games. Then if the second leading scorer constantly changes, cool.

I've said before, do fans think we're better than 50/50 to beat the Bucks if we both get to the ECF, assuming all healthy? (Giannis is currently playing banged up)
    Yeah that's the only hope we can have. I don't think we're better than 50/50, we don't have their chemistry at this stage of the season unless we somehow get rolling in playoffs, I don't see our odds increasing.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Hey we're Atlantic Division Champs, did anyone know that was on the line

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    T
    If depth is overrated then we're in trouble as arguably both Bucks and Philly have better starters (at least offensively). The only guys from our starting lineup I feel I can confidently trust are Kawhi and Green. Meanwhile, Bucks have Giannis, Middleton, Brogdon, Bledsoe, Lopez (they all can explode, not sure if they can be relied upon as Kawhi and Green). We all know what Sixers can, our only advantage is bench play, which hasn't been good as we all know. Of course, Kawhi can go supernova, but so can Giannis.
    I hope the difference is we haven't seen Kawhi at near his best for many consecutive games yet. I want to see him dominate the stats sheets for a few games. Then if the second leading scorer constantly changes, cool.

I've said before, do fans think we're better than 50/50 to beat the Bucks if we both get to the ECF, assuming all healthy? (Giannis is currently playing banged up)

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied

Balanced scoring is great but frankly, depth is over rated in the post season. I want Kawhi (and not with 15-20 points) or maybe Pascal if he's hot to lead the team in scoring virtually every game. If Serge or Danny has to be the leading socrer in a post season game, I feel we're losing. You're just not winning playoff series with my different leading scorers imo
    T
    If depth is overrated then we're in trouble as arguably both Bucks and Philly have better starters (at least offensively). The only guys from our starting lineup I feel I can confidently trust are Kawhi and Green. Meanwhile, Bucks have Giannis, Middleton, Brogdon, Bledsoe, Lopez (they all can explode, not sure if they can be relied upon as Kawhi and Green). We all know what Sixers can, our only advantage is bench play, which hasn't been good as we all know. Of course, Kawhi can go supernova, but so can Giannis.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    Great game tonight. . Over the past 5 games, 5 different players led the team in scoring:
    Hornets - Kawhi
    Bulls- Norm
    Knicks - Siakam
    Bulls - Ibaka
    Magic - Green

And yes, 3 of those 5 are creampuffs, but I feel the offence has been overall well balanced in general since the ASB. Raptors looks like a team difficult to prepare against, because it has a pretty diversified offensive arsenal, which bodes well for the post season. Magic did a good job shutting down Kawhi & Siakam, but that meant Green was free to get hot, and also allowed 4 other players (Gasol, Lowry, FVV and Ibaka) to all score in double digits. The 7 best players on this team are all well rounded 2-way players.

If you plug a hole with one finger, a leak will spring somewhere else, it has become difficult to stop everyone because the offence has looked fast and dynamic. When you combine that with the elite defensive effort they can put up, this will be a tough, tough nut for anyone that draws the Raps in the playoffs.
    Balanced scoring is great but frankly, depth is over rated in the post season. I want Kawhi (and not with 15-20 points) or maybe Pascal if he's hot to lead the team in scoring virtually every game. If Serge or Danny has to be the leading socrer in a post season game, I feel we're losing. You're just not winning playoff series with my different leading scorers imo

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    Great game tonight. . Over the past 5 games, 5 different players led the team in scoring:
    Hornets - Kawhi
    Bulls- Norm
    Knicks - Siakam
    Bulls - Ibaka
    Magic - Green

And yes, 3 of those 5 are creampuffs, but I feel the offence has been overall well balanced in general since the ASB. Raptors looks like a team difficult to prepare against, because it has a pretty diversified offensive arsenal, which bodes well for the post season. Magic did a good job shutting down Kawhi & Siakam, but that meant Green was free to get hot, and also allowed 4 other players (Gasol, Lowry, FVV and Ibaka) to all score in double digits. The 7 best players on this team are all well rounded 2-way players.

If you plug a hole with one finger, a leak will spring somewhere else, it has become difficult to stop everyone because the offence has looked fast and dynamic. When you combine that with the elite defensive effort they can put up, this will be a tough, tough nut for anyone that draws the Raps in the playoffs.
    Totally agree, the dyke is a good analogy. Hopefully the trend continues well into May and June!

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Hornets - Kawhi
    Bulls- Norm
    Knicks - Siakam
    Bulls - Ibaka
    Magic - Green

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Felt like Orlando was going to kick our asses again early in that first. Kawhi and Siakam couldn't do anything against their length.. and they are our best two scoring options. But damn.. Danny Green put on a show tonight. Just incredible having a guy like that on the team in this era to boot.

Once the shots kept going down and the Raptors decided to clamp down and play defense it was over.. well until the third stringers decided to keep giving the ball away and playing like shit. Thank god we still won. would have been humiliating if we had to send back in part of the A-squad again.

I said this in a different thread but Orlando is the only potential first round team that scares me a bit. Their length and shooting can be tough to over come. We blew them out but they still did a masterful job on Pascal and Kawhi. Can't always assume Danny will be shooting 70% from 3 to save our asses.

Okay I get why so many are happy about that Marc/JV trade now. He provided a lot as our big man. Still can't quite grab rebounds, but he helped us put on a clinic. His pin point passing just makes things hum. Ball movement =/= winning.. but it is so much funner to watch

He helps our defense in ways that JV could never do. Very impressed. Had a team high +24 as well. I mean it's still early.. he needs to do what he did tonight in the playoffs, but he made me a believer tonight.

Lin is garbage and Wright is a 100x better.. but it won't really matter in the playoffs. I mean if Lin plays significant minutes in the playoffs (and if it's not because we're blowing out a team, or because someone is injured), than I want Nurse fired immediately.

I think Nurse, like all coaches do, will reduce the rotation to 9 max which leaves JLin as odd man out.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Felt like Orlando was going to kick our asses again early in that first. Kawhi and Siakam couldn't do anything against their length.. and they are our best two scoring options. But damn.. Danny Green put on a show tonight. Just incredible having a guy like that on the team in this era to boot.

Once the shots kept going down and the Raptors decided to clamp down and play defense it was over.. well until the third stringers decided to keep giving the ball away and playing like shit. Thank god we still won. would have been humiliating if we had to send back in part of the A-squad again.

I said this in a different thread but Orlando is the only potential first round team that scares me a bit. Their length and shooting can be tough to over come. We blew them out but they still did a masterful job on Pascal and Kawhi. Can't always assume Danny will be shooting 70% from 3 to save our asses.

Okay I get why so many are happy about that Marc/JV trade now. He provided a lot as our big man. Still can't quite grab rebounds, but he helped us put on a clinic. His pin point passing just makes things hum. Ball movement =/= winning.. but it is so much funner to watch

He helps our defense in ways that JV could never do. Very impressed. Had a team high +24 as well. I mean it's still early.. he needs to do what he did tonight in the playoffs, but he made me a believer tonight.

Lin is garbage and Wright is a 100x better.. but it won't really matter in the playoffs. I mean if Lin plays significant minutes in the playoffs (and if it's not because we're blowing out a team, or because someone is injured), than I want Nurse fired immediately.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post

These thumb injuries are getting so ridiculous. Well at least he was still able to shoot the ball well even with the injury and the initial X rays were negative
    Another damn thumb, shit.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Playoff preview.... hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• Ball
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post

Was it his shooting hand or non-shooting hand? Hopefully it is nothing serious.
    Non-shooting hand. Jammed left thumb and judging by how he kept playing in the 2nd half, it doesn't look serious.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    JLin a team low -9. Gasol team high +24.

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied
    Holy crap those Bucks unis are horrawful
    its 70 years bad luck for them

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Green injured his thumb. Hes going to MRI
    Was it his shooting hand or non-shooting hand? Hopefully it is nothing serious.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X