Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Raptors have clinched the Atlantic Division

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors have clinched the Atlantic Division

Your Toronto Raptors have clinched the Atlantic Division for the 5th time in 6 years.

Winning a division isnt as important as it once was since it doesnt guarantee a playoff spot, but it's still something to be proud of.UC browser SHAREit Appvn
    Last edited by saviobarnes; Fri Apr 5th, 2019, 04:15 PM.

Another banner is nothing to sneeze at and is actually a great accomplishment. But the whole emphasis on the post season is how many games are we behind the Bucks/home court advantage.

Comment

This isn't the Titanic division anymore. 4 out of the 5 teams will be in the playoffs (Brooklyn is still up in the air of course). Divisions don't matter, but the Raptors have owned it for 5 years.

Philly, NY and Brooklyn have been horrible in those 5 years. Boston was rebuilding early too but due to that Brooklyn trade were really our only competition the past couple of years.

But it goes back to a rant I had in some thread several weeks back. The regular season to many doesn't matter.. and it should. We invest about 6 months of time into the regular season, but when it's over nobody cares. It's all about the playoffs. It's all about that ring. It shouldn't be but it is (unfortunately).

Winning a regular season award (like a division banner) is usually laughed at. Sure if you are San Antonio you can laugh. But, there are teams like Orlando, Sacramento and Brooklyn that are dying to just get into the playoffs. Minny didn't get in for over a decade until they got in last year. It's why tanking exists. Need to win it all or don't bother showing up. And that's sad IMO.

I hope they raise it. It's a big enough arena.. it can handle a few banners.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        This isn't the Titanic division anymore. 4 out of the 5 teams will be in the playoffs (Brooklyn is still up in the air of course). Divisions don't matter, but the Raptors have owned it for 5 years.

Philly, NY and Brooklyn have been horrible in those 5 years. Boston was rebuilding early too but due to that Brooklyn trade were really our only competition the past couple of years.

But it goes back to a rant I had in some thread several weeks back. The regular season to many doesn't matter.. and it should. We invest about 6 months of time into the regular season, but when it's over nobody cares. It's all about the playoffs. It's all about that ring. It shouldn't be but it is (unfortunately).

Winning a regular season award (like a division banner) is usually laughed at. Sure if you are San Antonio you can laugh. But, there are teams like Orlando, Sacramento and Brooklyn that are dying to just get into the playoffs. Minny didn't get in for over a decade until they got in last year. It's why tanking exists. Need to win it all or don't bother showing up. And that's sad IMO.

I hope they raise it. It's a big enough arena.. it can handle a few banners.
        This division might end up being the toughest in all sports by next year. If philly and Bos stay together Brooklyn and New york have the ability to add FA and a top prospect is in the mix for the knicks. Half of the eastern confrence playoffs will be made up of the atlantic division and teams all have room for improvment next year. One crazy stat the put on the broadcast recently is we are like 30-0 at home vs the atlantic divsion in the past 4 -5 years pretty impressive

Comment

the experts picked other teams to win this,,,,fricken us media

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
            Another banner is nothing to sneeze at and is actually a great accomplishment. But the whole emphasis on the post season is how many games are we behind the Bucks/home court advantage.
            We aren't catching the Bucks, but staying ahead of GSW/Denver could be significant for us and is reason to still try to win these last few games.

Comment

Winning the division is like eating lunch at this point. The standard.

Comment

Are the Raptors the only team in the NBA that hangs their division champs banners?

Not familiar with the other teams but i know the Bulls, Lakers and Celtics don't hang their division banners.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                  Are the Raptors the only team in the NBA that hangs their division champs banners?

Not familiar with the other teams but i know the Bulls, Lakers and Celtics don't hang their division banners.
                  Clippers don't either.. and that's because they share a gym with the Lakers. If they had their own arena I bet they'd hang them. I know the Jazz hung theirs.. same with the Warriors. I believe the Spurs use one banner to represent their division wins.

Comment

Clippers don't either.. and that's because they share a gym with the Lakers. If they had their own arena I bet they'd hang them. I know the Jazz hung theirs.. same with the Warriors. I believe the Spurs use one banner to represent their division wins.

Best way of doing it. Banners should be for championships and jersey retirements, and then one banner each for all the smaller achievements with just a crest stating the year
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

Mavs do it

All man. All amazing.

Comment

OKC does it

All man. All amazing.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          OKC does it

Small town hicks.

Comment

I like the idea of putting up one banner with all the years on it. Feels like bad juju to put up a banner for something relatively trivial and then put up essentially the same thing for something monumental like a championship.

Comment

Working...
                            X