• Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

when i read the article i thought that was the strong conclusion scraptor was referencing, but the article continues below.
    That was the conclusion I was referring to. I could have sworn it ended there. But there are so many ads on mobile maybe I missed the continuation.

Either way, kind of garbage analysis to make such a strong statement and then add caveats.

And like I said before, Dolan is too impatient to wait for Masai. Here's another ad-ridden article.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/05/james-...site%20buttons

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    At times like this I recall how certain every media outlet was that Kawhi was going to sign with either the Lakers or Toronto. Masai could leave for the Knicks, but absolutely nobody has any credible insight on the matter.

Leave a comment:

• Sonny
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post

Marc Stein just put this out. Losing Masai AND Webster would be doomsday scenario, but again it's obviously difficult to tell what exactly is going on
    Bring along Bobby Webster? would the Raptors really allow that?

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Yeah, Grange isn't mincing words. He gone.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-term-winding/

when i read the article i thought that was the strong conclusion scraptor was referencing, but the article continues below.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Yeah, Grange isn't mincing words. He gone.

Taken together, a picture seems clear.

The Raptors haven’t offered Ujiri an extension, he’s determined to become a free agent and he may have an out on his deal this coming summer.

Short answer? Ujiri is gone.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    What is Masai's history of turning around and going completely against what he said he would do? Maybe I am misremembering, but I recall him responding to questions about New Youk earlier in this season with phrases like "This is home for my wife, my children and myself." And "We're going to bring another championship to Toronto." Or words to that effect.

As far as salary goes, there would be no problem with MLSE matching anything that any other franchise can offer.

And exactly how much easier is it to perform any actions wrt Giants of Africa in New York as opposed to Toronto. It's not like he will be popping down to the UN headquarters to deal with UN bureaucrats to talk about the African League. Their UN bureaucrats, not action takers.

And turning around New York is a challenge? As compared to winning additional cups for the lone franchise outside of the US, and what that does for international basketball and players. I mean what challenge? All it takes is for the league to get rid of New York ownership and that team will turn around in a NY minute. Sure Ujiri isn't afraid of Dolan, but who in their right mind would want to work in that environment? Knowing every second you are their that whatever you do, the owner is going to inevitably F$%# it up eventually.

I am guessing this is noise/clickbait. Grange is just jumping on the bandwagon. When has he demonstrated an ability to get inside information previously?

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    Well there is one way of shutting up ppl..MLS just pay the man, which they will..this a tactic, masai is working everyone..plain genesis, everyone just relax..it's gonna b fine.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Day One wrote: View Post
    Can someone post that video of MU saying he "and you can clap, I hate the NYNs. That would please me right now.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I didn't know Masai had an out in his contract for this summer. I wonder how accurate that reporting is by Grange. Either way I don't agree with the conviction of his conclusion, which in and of itself strikes me as surprising, given that he has always struck me as a company man.

it's a cold world
    Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed Feb 5th, 2020, 12:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Truth Teller wrote: View Post

NBA needed the Knicks to be good for like half the century and the current Raptors regime in totality has been better than the last 50 years for them. I don't buy that the NBA badly wants the Knicks to be good (at least they won't force it). NBA is way more focused on getting international attention and fan fare these days.
    Morey fucked up China money and now Silver needs Knicks market to boom.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    I didn't know Masai had an out in his contract for this summer. I wonder how accurate that reporting is by Grange. Either way I don't agree with the conviction of his conclusion, which in and of itself strikes me as surprising, given that he has always struck me as a company man.

I dunno about Grange. He reported that Lowry was going to sit out unless he got his contract extension. Which doesn't seem like Kyle at all and he was the only one to report on it that i saw. I guess it could be true but seem like he is going for the eye catching headline.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied

this reads to me as mostly speculation based on reports he read today and conversations he had with a couple of sources. i don't see much different here from what stein or woj reported, apart from speculation that there might be an out in his contract for this summer.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Might give up some banter but we can make it up with top-end firepower. it is a superstar league after all, if we got two guys who can isolate on the mic in the clutch we give our selves a good chance when up against the Hubie Browns & Kevin Harlans of the world. Plus we might be able to attract a good role player sideline reporter
    trading leo can only result in an increase of the quality and volume of banter even if both starting broadcasters play the same position.

and hubie lost a step ever since he returned to the booth from his coaching stint in memphis

Leave a comment:

Working...
X