• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    The company some people keep ....
    misery likes company

Comment

• Ed can't even keep his own company from rebelling against him lol are we seeing a theme here?!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Ed can't even keep his own company from rebelling against him lol are we seeing a theme here?!

It's not his company. It was very purposefully kept out of his hands. It was his powerplay that sparked the current drama.

Comment

The company some people keep ....
          well, he does have great taste in presidents. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Let's Go Brandon!

Comment

• Oh rogers is trying to buy shaw. Thats sucks. Rogers are thieves theyd over bill me all the time. How often do they overbill others without them knowing and just paying the bill. Shaw bought freedom mobile who I went to and offers great deals. Hope it doesn’t go through

Comment

• Anyone want to be prime minister of Canada? Just offer everyone free internet

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                Anyone want to be prime minister of Canada? Just offer everyone free internet
                Singh tried lowering mobile bills, and stop the Rogers/Shaw merger... that only got him 17.8% of the vote

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                  Anyone want to be prime minister of Canada? Just offer everyone free internet
                  I actually have a friend who tried to build a cooperatively owned telecom company. He did well but it got bought out early. They just focused on internet to start.

Comment

• The latest in the Rogers corporate dust up ...

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2307831

Comment

The latest in the Rogers corporate dust up ...

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2307831
                      Rogers as a company is to big to fail especially if they take over Shaw. The stock will drop till their is some stability ei a good buying opportunity in the coming months.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I actually have a friend who tried to build a cooperatively owned telecom company. He did well but it got bought out early. They just focused on internet to start.
                        Sell your own equipment and rent the infrastructure

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

Rogers as a company is to big to fail especially if they take over Shaw. The stock will drop till their is some stability ei a good buying opportunity in the coming months.
                          I believe this is a temporary flare-up and seemingly an unnecessary one instigated by one of the ownership group (and a large one at that) who likes meddling in the properties owned by the mothership co.

From what I read it will be difficult for any one of the inheritor group (too many clauses in the will) to damage the company to a significant drop in value. This will be settled by the BC supreme court or by the protagonists themselves. This is self inflicted with Ed feeling a bit impotent I think. He got overridden by Tanenbaum on the Masai deal and rejected by Bell & Tanenbaum on restructuring MLSE.

Comment

I believe this is a temporary flare-up and seemingly an unnecessary one instigated by one of the ownership group (and a large one at that) who likes meddling in the properties owned by the mothership co.

From what I read it will be difficult for any one of the inheritor group (too many clauses in the will) to damage the company to a significant drop in value. This will be settled by the BC supreme court or by the protagonists themselves. This is self inflicted with Ed feeling a bit impotent I think. He got overridden by Tanenbaum on the Masai deal and rejected by Bell & Tanenbaum on restructuring MLSE.
                            I can see a future where Rogers is cut out of mlse but that’s a Distant future and especially if some how ED wins this

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

I can see a future where Rogers is cut out of mlse but that’s a Distant future and especially if some how ED wins this
                              That would be a good outcome but again this a high value enterprise today and would depend how the agreement is structured & written in terms eg. right of first refusal etc. As you know Ed wanted to spin his share out of mlse and combine it with the Blue Jays to form a separate sports entity ... and was refused. He could very well block anything similar by this partners in MLSE or ask for an unreasonable price for his/Rogers 37.5 % in MLSE.

just hope he doesn't put up any roadblocks if Masai went to the board to present a plan to go over the cap if he was presented with the possibility of acquiring a high value player.

Comment

That would be a good outcome but again this a high value enterprise today and would depend how the agreement is structured & written in terms eg. right of first refusal etc. As you know Ed wanted to spin his share out of mlse and combine it with the Blue Jays to form a separate sports entity ... and was refused. He could very well block anything similar by this partners in MLSE or ask for an unreasonable price for his/Rogers 37.5 % in MLSE.

just hope he doesn't put up any roadblocks if Masai went to the board to present a plan to go over the cap if he was presented with the possibility of acquiring a high value player.
                                Masai has a new position as vice chairman, it remains to be seen what type of power comes with that. At 37.5% it gives you a voice but not final say so I am not worried about ED too much. As a fan buyout would be welcomed even if it did come at a premium.

also based on what Masai said during the summer I don’t foresee the raptors pursuing any high value targets for sometime to come. There is probably going to be a few years of developing under the cap.
                                Last edited by grindhouse; Tue Oct 26, 2021, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X