X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Day One wrote: View Post
    Can someone post that video of MU saying he "and you can clap, I hate the NYNs. That would please me right now.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I didn't know Masai had an out in his contract for this summer. I wonder how accurate that reporting is by Grange. Either way I don't agree with the conviction of his conclusion, which in and of itself strikes me as surprising, given that he has always struck me as a company man.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-term-winding/

it's a cold world
    Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed Feb 5th, 2020, 12:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Truth Teller wrote: View Post

NBA needed the Knicks to be good for like half the century and the current Raptors regime in totality has been better than the last 50 years for them. I don't buy that the NBA badly wants the Knicks to be good (at least they won't force it). NBA is way more focused on getting international attention and fan fare these days.
    Morey fucked up China money and now Silver needs Knicks market to boom.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    I didn't know Masai had an out in his contract for this summer. I wonder how accurate that reporting is by Grange. Either way I don't agree with the conviction of his conclusion, which in and of itself strikes me as surprising, given that he has always struck me as a company man.

I dunno about Grange. He reported that Lowry was going to sit out unless he got his contract extension. Which doesn't seem like Kyle at all and he was the only one to report on it that i saw. I guess it could be true but seem like he is going for the eye catching headline.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied

this reads to me as mostly speculation based on reports he read today and conversations he had with a couple of sources. i don't see much different here from what stein or woj reported, apart from speculation that there might be an out in his contract for this summer.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Might give up some banter but we can make it up with top-end firepower. it is a superstar league after all, if we got two guys who can isolate on the mic in the clutch we give our selves a good chance when up against the Hubie Browns & Kevin Harlans of the world. Plus we might be able to attract a good role player sideline reporter
    trading leo can only result in an increase of the quality and volume of banter even if both starting broadcasters play the same position.

and hubie lost a step ever since he returned to the booth from his coaching stint in memphis

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

i know it's a positionless game these days but you really think we should start two play-by-play guys?
    Might give up some banter but we can make it up with top-end firepower. it is a superstar league after all, if we got two guys who can isolate on the mic in the clutch we give our selves a good chance when up against the Hubie Browns & Kevin Harlans of the world. Plus we might be able to attract a good role player sideline reporter

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    Truth Teller wrote: View Post

NBA needed the Knicks to be good for like half the century and the current Raptors regime in totality has been better than the last 50 years for them. I don't buy that the NBA badly wants the Knicks to be good (at least they won't force it). NBA is way more focused on getting international attention and fan fare these days.
    that's not true at all. it's only the last 45 years.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    4 first rounders. R.J Barret. Naming rights to Dolans Band. 10 stake in MSG. And a mike breen for leo rautins swap
    i know it's a positionless game these days but you really think we should start two play-by-play guys?

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Sonny wrote: View Post
    If Adam Silver is really pushing Masai to the Knicks the NBA is a joke

Leave a comment:

• Fuchan
    replied
    Masai is going to the Knicks to join Kyrie and Durant. What a joke the Knicks are. The media just tries to write this stuff into existence. If Masai actually does take on the job, holy shit good luck bud.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

So on one hand, the "trusted Ujiri watcher" is convinced that Ujiri will absolutely maneuver his way out. And in the same breath (i.e. the fine print at the end), the Ujiri watcher is not even sure that Masai even covets the job. Uh.... okay.
    "Ujiri is gonna try and jump ship to the Knicks. The #1 obstacle standing in his way is whether ujiri wants to go to the knicks"

Leave a comment:

• Sonny
    replied
    If Adam Silver is really pushing Masai to the Knicks the NBA is a joke

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    I don't see anyway that Masai would leave. I read an article (Thestar) that said MLSE gives Masai a lot of leeway to do what he wants (his own side projects) during the regular season.

At the end of the day, I really appreciate what he brought to our franchise. But if the man gets offered a lot of money to captain the Titanic; kudos for him. We can warn him, but its his decision. As long as Jimmy Dolan owns the Knicks, that franchise will always be underwater.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X