Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apparently, he'd just stepped off a plane from his Africa trip 2 hrs ago. Might explain why he's a tad late getting in touch with players.

    Comment


    • golden wrote: View Post
      A few other interesting quotes (paraphrasing):

      "If I didn't do anything, everybody knows what would happen: we'd have a great regular season and then lose in the playoffs. That would be the narrative"

      "Not to sound defense, but I gave DeMar and Casey lots of chances"

      "DeMar and Casey were able to leave town on a high horse."
      Solid and very straightforward responses.

      He could have added that by firing Casey and trading Derozan, that era of low BBIQ is way over.

      Comment



      • "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

        Comment



        • Comment



          • Comment


            • golden wrote: View Post
              A few other interesting quotes (paraphrasing):

              "If I didn't do anything, everybody knows what would happen: we'd have a great regular season and then lose in the playoffs. That would be the narrative"

              "Not to sound defensive, but I gave DeMar and Casey lots of chances"

              "DeMar and Casey were able to leave town on a high horse."
              He didn't say I gave DeMar and Casey a lot of chances, that would be singling them out and that's a mis step. He said "not to get defensive, but I gave the team a lot of chances. I could have fired the coach or traded players when I got here but I didn't do that."

              Casey is much wealthier and found a good job in an instant, after working for masai for 5 years. Demar is much wealthier and is going to be the best player in the leagues best organization after working for masai for 5 years.

              Waaaah waaah dirtbag Raptors this is how you conduct business? Give me a fucking break.

              Masai, smooth as always. If anyone can keep Kawhi, this guy can.
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                He didn't say I gave DeMar and Casey a lot of chances, that would be singling them out and that's a mis step. He said "not to get defensive, but I gave the team a lot of chances. I could have fired the coach or traded players when I got here but I didn't do that."

                Casey is much wealthier and found a good job in an instant, after working for masai for 5 years. Demar is much wealthier and is going to be the best player in the leagues best organization after working for masai for 5 years.

                Waaaah waaah dirtbag Raptors this is how you conduct business? Give me a fucking break.

                Masai, smooth as always. If anyone can keep Kawhi, this guy can.
                Yeah, these lame ass reporters kept trying to go for the soap opera "you lied to DeMar" angle, but Masai blew that out of the water by apologizing for the mis-communication, which after hearing the explanation, sounds completely reasonable.

                Raps were a distant 4th in the Spurs pecking order for trading partners, and this deal came together in the few days leading up to finalizing, as reported by Bontemps & Windhorst. Masai talked to DeMar at least 1 week earlier.
                Last edited by golden; Fri Jul 20, 2018, 01:00 PM.

                Comment


                • Saw the Masai conf. and he seemed to handle all the Qs quite well.

                  He looked tired and sad (I thought). The DD reaction/feedback and perception that he was duplicitous I think is affecting him. Yes, he just got off a cross Atlantic flight so that is quite the factor.

                  I was hoping to see Kawhi and Green but ...

                  Comment


                  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    He didn't say I gave DeMar and Casey a lot of chances, that would be singling them out and that's a mis step. He said "not to get defensive, but I gave the team a lot of chances. I could have fired the coach or traded players when I got here but I didn't do that."

                    Casey is much wealthier and found a good job in an instant, after working for masai for 5 years. Demar is much wealthier and is going to be the best player in the leagues best organization after working for masai for 5 years.

                    Waaaah waaah dirtbag Raptors this is how you conduct business? Give me a fucking break.

                    Masai, smooth as always. If anyone can keep Kawhi, this guy can.
                    Over the last few days, Masai's really brought confused Raptors fans to the surface, lol.

                    "But I bought a DeRozan jersey! That matters more than winning!"

                    Comment


                    • Important point: Masai said he hasn't talked to Kyle since the trade.

                      It's also been 48 hours, and he spent at least 1/4 of those hours on a plane.

                      He didn't say Bobby Webster, or Dan Tolzman, or Nick Nurse hasn't talked to Kyle.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                      Comment


                      • All these idiots trashing Masai and crying about DD can folllow his ass to San Antonio
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                        Comment


                        • He was kinda sweating during that press conference.
                          Mamba Mentality

                          Comment


                          • TRex wrote: View Post
                            He was kinda sweating during that press conference.
                            This is really the first time hes been criticized.

                            It's just mind boggling to me. Raptors fans for years have been starving for an all world player, and pleading to raise the ceiling of the team. Masai went and got Kawhi fucking Leonard. There should be a party in the streets.

                            Yes of course i understand the circumstances and the baggage, but the outpouring of negative energy is ridiculous. People really wanted to just run it back all of a sudden?? If the core was the same going into camp he would have been criticized just the same.
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Over the last few days, Masai's really brought confused Raptors fans to the surface, lol.

                              "But I bought a DeRozan jersey! That matters more than winning!"

                              Eh I'm super excited about the trade but I'm also sad that we lost a long-time Raptor.

                              I make the trade 100x out of 100, give massive kudos to Masai, but I think it's okay to feel a bit bittersweet too.

                              KeonClark wrote: View Post

                              Waaaah waaah dirtbag Raptors this is how you conduct business? Give me a fucking break.



                              From that it seems that he could have at least mentioned to DeMar or his agent that DeMar was involved. Everyone makes mistakes. He apologized, was a gracious, honest pro about it, but that doesn't mean DeMar is to blame or that there wasn't a justifiable reason for DeMar to be upset in the first place.

                              Comment


                              • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Eh I'm super excited about the trade but I'm also sad that we lost a long-time Raptor.

                                I make the trade 100x out of 100, give massive kudos to Masai, but I think it's okay to feel a bit bittersweet too.








                                From that it seems that he could have at least mentioned to DeMar or his agent that DeMar was involved. Everyone makes mistakes. He apologized, was a gracious, honest pro about it, but that doesn't mean DeMar is to blame or that there wasn't a justifiable reason for DeMar to be upset in the first place.
                                Dont tie me in with the claw reborn lol we dont conduct business the same

                                I have no qualms with DeMar being upset, bitter, pissed. That is natural and expected. And I do believe he came away thinking he wont be traded and that's unfortunate.

                                My issue is worth our half baked fan base (many of whom seem to follow basketball AFTER they follow leafs and jays) who seem to lack the basic understanding that in the nba you need a top 5 player to win it all. These chances come around once in a generation.
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X