No announcement yet.

Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imo, people oughta realize that all these realities can coexist, they're not mutually exclusive:

1. It's okay to feel a sense of loss with Demar gone. He was here for 9 years, raised the floor of this franchise to where it had never been, and loved the city and the team. That's admirable.

2. That said, even though he raised the floor of this team with all his skill and hard work, the playoff ceiling was evident, and a risk needed to be taken to raise said ceiling. The opportunity arose, and the time was right. It had to be done.

3. Since day one after the #1 seed got swept by the #4 seed in the second round, it became public knowledge that no one was untouchable. The whole team and fanbase knew that. Unless something else was said to demar (other than "nothing is imminent") to explicitly contradict this public knowledge, nothing should have been a surprise.

4. Having said that, Demar is an emotional player, and even though I really wish he didn't keep feeding this clickbait-hungry media, he earned the right to process his emotions the way he chooses. With time, reality will set in and he will focus on his work, as he always does.

5. If we make the finals or win a championship, a huge part of it will be because of Demar. Because of how he admirably raised the floor of this team and took it out of the darkness. If we ever get there, we will be able to say "We couldn't have done it without him, but we couldn't have done with him either". That's confusing, but it's true, and with time this reality will also set in.

6. As much as the media wants clickbaits, there doesn't have to be a hero or a villain on this. Demar is neither. We don't have to pick a side and love or hate the guy. He was a great player that did his part (and the team also did a lot for him), and now a new page will be presented to both player and team. Knowing both, I'm sure they will make the most out of it going forward.

Fret not. Soon twitter will find another gossip/drama to chase, and soon we'll have actual basketball games to enjoy again.

Comment

• Top comment on the Facebook team post quoting masais presser:

"Nobody is excited at all. Worst trade ever."

Do we have the dumbest fan base in the nba?
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Top comment on the Facebook team post quoting masais presser:

Casual fans hate the trade for the most part, hardcore fans love it for the most part.

Comment

All fan bases are dumb. But the fans you see on twitter and facebook are just much dumber.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            Casual fans hate the trade for the most part, hardcore fans love it for the most part.
            I've come to realize a majority of raptor fans are not nba basketball fans, they're Toronto sports fans who are hockey fans first.

This overall negative reaction to swapping fucking DeRozan for Kawhi freaking Leonard is a direct result of this being an uneducated Canadian fan base and not understanding the sport. Period.

Comment

Here's a real raptor fan not one that catches the highlights after the leafs game. Sat beside derozans girlfriend for years and knows demar personally. Do you seem him crying like a little bitch? No, he understands the magnitude of this move

The guy also continues to support them, despite being close with VC (went to his wedding).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Poor air conditioning ?
                Or anxiety.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
                2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                  Or anxiety.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
                  Or sprinted from the airport terminal

Comment

I've come to realize a majority of raptor fans are not nba basketball fans, they're Toronto sports fans who are hockey fans first.

This overall negative reaction to swapping fucking DeRozan for Kawhi freaking Leonard is a direct result of this being an uneducated Canadian fan base and not understanding the sport. Period.
                    yeah you see people with some knowledge engage them and they have no understanding of cap space, Raptors competitive window, rebuild.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Honestly; I'm not even sure it's exclusive to Toronto any more.

Casual fan bases for damn near everything are damn near universely awful. Has anyone gone back and looked at comments on videos and what not over the Playoff and end of season pressers? I promise you some of the names that come up there are coming up here. The people I work with were hating the hell out of this trade too and was one of the few times I actually felt the need to say something.

Give this fan base like until the 1st win of the season. ONE win and I promise you they change their tone and pretend it was always their tone.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

It's almost like they don't realize who Kawhi Leonard is.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          It's almost like they don't realize who Kawhi Leonard is.
                          "Durr a rental who don't wanna be here"
                          Yeah, one of the top 4 or 5 players in the world in his prime became available for that reason only. You take the risk.

I'm just so fucking rattled today this should be one of the biggest weeks in our franchise history and the fan base completely took a dump on it and ruined it for the hardcores who devote way more time and energy into this

Comment

• Part of the reason casuals are mad is because they don't realize how good Kawhi is. When you ask people for their top 5 or even top 10 players he is often omitted. He's not really a big brand name so guys like Westbrook will be mentioned before him by casuals.

People will turn around soon enough when they realize he can do all the stuff DeRozan can on offense except more efficiently, and is historically good on the defensive end.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                              The tone of that press conference was ridiculous and embarrassing. We are about to welcome the best player we've ever seen in a raps jersey and all these reporters wanna talk about is whether Masai lied to DeMar. I swear these clueless fucks would be happy to push away the best players and best GMs as long as they have someone who loves Toronto like Demar. They dont care if we suck. They influence casual fans too. We need to be getting this city hyped about Kawhi. We have a real chance to do something special for this city and these fucking idiots acting like someone died. Lets get rowdy and show this mofo why he wants to play for a worldclass city and organization!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                              x100000
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

probably a tie with golden state

Comment

Working...
                                X