Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    It’s the “supportive” fans I worry about. Not that they’ll be doing it because they hate Kawhi, but because they feel such burning loyalty to Demar. I hope it won’t happen too, and if it does, very likely and hopefully the cheers will wash out the boos.

I’m also particularly thinking of hearing about the Radiohead concert the other night at the ACC. (Scotia-bank can pay me to call it that.) Didn’t read the Star article about it but heard from a friend that when they asked for a moment of silence for the technician that died when their stage collapsed a few summers ago, some jerks were hollering throughout. Nothing that can be done to account for people like that, though.
    If anybody boos Kawhi fucking Leonard after he shows up to play for us they should be banned from ever cheering for this team again and go follow demar to San Antonio
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Today would be a good day to see the guys introduced at a presser. Don't know if their medicals were scheduled for over the weekend or not. I am anxious to see the next couple of steps taken.... Then I want to know what Kawhi's off season training plans are. Is he going to work on his 3 pt shot? It could use some refining. And he whys away from midrange shots. Doesn't he realize that Jordan and Kobe both used the midrange to win multiple championships. Then there's his conditioning issues. They need to star being addressed this week. He hasn't played for a year. It's tome to get serious. :-)

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        Today would be a good day to see the guys introduced at a presser. Don't know if their medicals were scheduled for over the weekend or not. I am anxious to see the next couple of steps taken.... Then I want to know what Kawhi's off season training plans are. Is he going to work on his 3 pt shot? It could use some refining. And he whys away from midrange shots. Doesn't he realize that Jordan and Kobe both used the midrange to win multiple championships. Then there's his conditioning issues. They need to star being addressed this week. He hasn't played for a year. It's tome to get serious. :-)
        It's Sunday buddy. We're all anxious but the reporters are probably sleeping in

As for mid-range, he was 12th in the NBA in mid-range attempts per game in 2016-17 at 6.3. This is the same amount that DeMar attempted per game in 2017-18, though Kawhi made them at a higher rate (47.3% vs 42.5%).

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          If anybody boos Kawhi fucking Leonard after he shows up to play for us they should be banned from ever cheering for this team again and go follow demar to San Antonio
          Ya, I'd be very surprised if there are any boos.

Right now, news of the move still stings some, but when September rolls around (and assuming Kawhi is healthy AND willing), the hype of the new season should spread like wildfire.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Ya, I'd be very surprised if there are any boos.

Right now, news of the move still stings some, but when September rolls around (and assuming Kawhi is healthy AND willing), the hype of the new season should spread like wildfire.
            It's already shifted..I'd say it started 2/3rds pissed off about the trade, now 2/3rds are in favor it. Kawhi showing up In Toronto for a physical and a picture with masai probably helped a little too

Comment

It's already shifted..I'd say it started 2/3rds pissed off about the trade, now 2/3rds are in favor it. Kawhi showing up In Toronto for a physical and a picture with masai probably helped a little too
              That picture helped a lot I think. I mean he almost sort of smiled in there.

Comment

The initial reaction among the casual fan and the local pundits simply speaks to how much Derozan meant to the Raptors community at large. It was only ever on the various Raptor sites and among the hardcore fans that Derozan was 'divisive' or controversial. When news of the trade first broke a lot of casual sports fans asked me what I thought about it guessing I would be very negative and when I was positive they were shocked. It's important not to lose perspective as a hardcore fan because we do exist in a bubble. Just because people on here may have more sophisticated and educated opinions about the game (or at least think they do) they shouldn't discount the heartfelt views of other fans just because they don't watch 82 games or know about the latest and greatest player modelling valuations.

I love that the majority of Raptorland loved Demar so much. I think that's great for the organization and the players to see. I think it looks good on the fans. Soon, if not already, it will be time to move on and fall in love with Leonard as a player and cheer on the 2018-19 team.

And, if this all works out and the Raps make the Finals, etc., Ujiri will be loved by all.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  That picture helped a lot I think. I mean he almost sort of smiled in there.
                  That San Diego Tribune article is helping, too.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    The initial reaction among the casual fan and the local pundits simply speaks to how much Derozan meant to the Raptors community at large. It was only ever on the various Raptor sites and among the hardcore fans that Derozan was 'divisive' or controversial. When news of the trade first broke a lot of casual sports fans asked me what I thought about it guessing I would be very negative and when I was positive they were shocked. It's important not to lose perspective as a hardcore fan because we do exist in a bubble. Just because people on here may have more sophisticated and educated opinions about the game (or at least think they do) they shouldn't discount the heartfelt views of other fans just because they don't watch 82 games or know about the latest and greatest player modelling valuations.

I love that the majority of Raptorland loved Demar so much. I think that's great for the organization and the players to see. I think it looks good on the fans. Soon, if not already, it will be time to move on and fall in love with Leonard as a player and cheer on the 2018-19 team.

And, if this all works out and the Raps make the Finals, etc., Ujiri will be loved by all.
                    Hats off to Demar for a fantastic run..He will ALWAYS be a Raptor in the fans eyes.

But we all recovered from the Wendell Clarke for Mats Sundin trade in short order. ...Mats worked out pretty well if I recall.
                    So will Kawhi.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

That San Diego Tribune article is helping, too.
                      Which article?

Comment

Which article?
                        Here’s what someone who knows Leonard as well as anybody told me privately: “He’s going to fall in love with Toronto – it’s going to happen. He’s not going to leave, I’m telling you.”
                        Sorry, I assumed this was already shared earlier in the thread.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...mpression=true

Comment

I'd say 2/3 started pissed off and now, 90% are n favour of it....reality has set in, It's Kawhi flippin' Leonard!

Comment

Probably was. My weekend involved a lot of liquor. Unfortunately for my head this morning. Thanks for resharing

Comment

Great read!

Comment

• Another Exec of the year award for Masai if Toronto makes it to the finals.

Comment

Working...
                                X