Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Only Masai could have us thinking after finishing the season with the 7th worse record, that in only a short amount of time we will be the New York Yankees and Barcelona. Sign this mother fucker already!

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

But what kind of global brand did the warriors have before steph and klay came around. They showed you can elevate to a global brand from nba obscurity. Masai can grab us another title or a superstar that stay in T.O in the next 5 years and we are right there
    That's my point. I'm not disagreeing with you. If you want to be a global brand, then you gotta have a MARKETABLE generational talent on your team. The Warriors were completely irrelevant before Curry, now they're up there with the Lakers and Celtics and Bulls.

The Spurs are the perfect example why it's not all about winning. Does anyone here think the Spurs even with all the winning they've done the last 20 years are a bigger brand globally than the Bulls?

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    When a man is trying to tank to get a prospect, Bell & Rogers are out there pushing for play-in. So Masai is kindly telling them to shut the fuck up and let him do his job.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

I remember when Masai laid out a glimpse of that vision of a global brand just after we won the chip... he said it was all predicated on "winning". He wanted the Raps to be like those powerhouse Euro soccer teams that has a worldwide following, or even the Lakers.

So, would the plan be to position the Raptors and Toronto into a global brand, and then hope we can recruit elite players to help us win championships? How can you do that without winning big and/or having a legit or charismatic superstar on the team? The Nets pulled that off by recruiting Kyrie & KD, but they have the advantage of being in NYC, which already has that global credibility in other areas that Toronto can't match.

Being a part of a global brand means access to global level endorsements. That's something only a select few teams can offer elite players right now and Masai would be bringing the Raptors onto that stage. Genius.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Masai’s charisma is off the charts. Love that man

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

Do you think the San Antonio Spurs are a global brand? do you think they're in that same level as the Lakers or Celtics?

Who do you think have a bigger brand, the Spurs or the Bulls/Knicks? the Spurs have won a lot of games/championships the last 20 years. The Bulls haven't been relevant since 98, and the Knicks haven't really made any noise in the playoffs since 99.
    San Antonio is also like the 5th most important city in its state while Toronto is fairly globally known city

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied

Do you think the San Antonio Spurs are a global brand? do you think they're in that same level as the Lakers or Celtics?

Who do you think have a bigger brand, the Spurs or the Bulls/Knicks? the Spurs have won a lot of games/championships the last 20 years. The Bulls haven't been relevant since 98, and the Knicks haven't really made any noise in the playoffs since 99.
    Michael Jordan and New York are two monoliths in NBA history. Different playing field

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

But what kind of global brand did the warriors have before steph and klay came around. They showed you can elevate to a global brand from nba obscurity. Masai can grab us another title or a superstar that stay in T.O in the next 5 years and we are right there

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Thanks. My guess is WNBA after he referenced getting the g league team. I could be way off.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Ujiri: I have two 28 years old earning 33 million and 19.6 million respectively...that’s a start, I can easily replicate what me and Bobby had done on July 18, 2018.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    magoon wrote: View Post

The Raptors' global brand strength is already reasonably strong, all things considered, and the championship only boosted that. Masai's plan is simple: keep winning, because successful teams become global brands. Keep the team at a title-contender level for long stretches of time, because somewhere in that stretch you'll have a decent shot at winning a chip, and every title increases the brand strength.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    I need someone to dub Masai saying "Play in for what?" over Turn Down For What. Intro music every home game next year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X