X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Masai Ujiri: Look at my track record. Together we can turn this organization into a global brand and make billions!
    Canadian Owner: Well, that's very interesting. Let us think about that, you know, we'll need detailed plans and a risk analyisis and we should probably find some global consultants and, well, this COVID thing, maybe we should wait until that blows over and we can do better projections. Check with our government contacts and better get league sign off cause we don't want to step on any toes and.....

Masai Ujiri: Look at my track record. Together we can turn this organization into a global brand and make billions!
    US Owner: Fuck yeah!
    Very Canadian lol....

Ottawa can always spend to buy Sputnik V vaccines and Synovac Vaccines...they are on sale in bulk from Costco

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post

I don't know how many Canadians are self-aware of how risk-averse our culture is, but it's really apparent in the business world vs the US. And in the general COVID response this past year.
    Hes been trying to give tell us to have more self confidence for years now. Not sure we've been listening.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    This is more about a US/UK trained businessman who is an ambitious risk taker wanting to shoot for the stars and the complacent, lazy, unambitious Canadian company that is more than happy with where it is right now (which in fairness describes 99% of large Canadian companies).
    I don't know how many Canadians are self-aware of how risk-averse our culture is, but it's really apparent in the business world vs the US. And in the general COVID response this past year.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Great presser. Good time to remember Masai was a major part of pushes to org development that made the Raps a championship franchise - 905, training centre, etc. He wants the org to push to the next level again and they should. They did last time.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Sounds like Masai wants to the franchise to commit to being a deep tax paying team. Does that really solve our main problem, though, which is: How are we going to convince elite players to come here? Or is the idea to load up the roster with overpaid role players and hope you can win a chip without a legit superstar. Does that even work within the salary cap rules?
    That may be a part of it but he was almost dismissive of it in the presser. If it was just money, then it's simply getting to a number but it seems like the ask is broader than that.

This is more about a US/UK trained businessman who is an ambitious risk taker wanting to shoot for the stars and the complacent, lazy, unambitious Canadian company that is more than happy with where it is right now (which in fairness describes 99% of large Canadian companies).

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Sounds like hes more interested in support for his African work than he does a fat pay cheque.

dude is like Nelson Mandela, jay z and pat riley rolled into one and hes ours

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Canadian Owner: Well, that's very interesting. Let us think about that, you know, we'll need detailed plans and a risk analyisis and we should probably find some global consultants and, well, this COVID thing, maybe we should wait until that blows over and we can do better projections. Check with our government contacts and better get league sign off cause we don't want to step on any toes and.....

Sounds like Masai wants to the franchise to commit to being a deep tax paying team. Does that really solve our main problem, though, which is: How are we going to convince elite players to come here? Or is the idea to load up the roster with overpaid role players and hope you can win a chip without a legit superstar. Does that even work within the salary cap rules?

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    O

Omg that's Toronto in the nutshell. Millions of projections before anything gets done

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Worship at the church of Masai

Give this man whatever he asks for and sign him to a new contract.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Masai at the presser like

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Worship at the church of Masai

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Interesting

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Presser notes from Tim Bontemps and Blake Murphy. More stuff if you click on Blake Murphy's link...

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    That presser was awesome, Masai is a goddamn force.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Masai Ujiri says his conversations with ownership about what he wants to see change in Toronto will determine whether he decides to return to the Raptors next season.
    Interesting

Leave a comment:

Working...
X