Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • planetmars wrote: View Post
    He was probably referring to the CoJo trade and our Miles acquisition @ the 15:31 clip. Or at least that's what I thought he was referring to. Could have been PG though.
    I don't think you have over 100 phone calls about trading Corey Joseph for CJ Miles
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

    Comment


    • ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      He did say to Pritchard in the episode, that after they got Oladipo, Masai thought they could've given Pritchard something better in return for Paul George.
      Yeah that part, plus the part about the 100 calls, is what made me think that they were talking about PG.

      I wonder what was on the table?

      Whatever it was - I'm sure Pritchard's happy he didn't do it.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

      Comment


      • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        This is great.

        Masai was going hard after Paul George *confirmed*. (Evidence at 15:31, plus something from a little earlier.)
        JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        Yeah that part, plus the part about the 100 calls, is what made me think that they were talking about PG.

        I wonder what was on the table?

        Whatever it was - I'm sure Pritchard's happy he didn't do it.
        Most definitely, he managed to acquire a player who might've turned himself into the fourth or fifth best player in the Eastern Conference.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

        Comment


        • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          This is great.

          Masai was going hard after Paul George *confirmed*. (Evidence at 15:31, plus something from a little earlier.)
          To all those who kept complaining that Masai was "doing nothing" whenever a star player came on the market the last 2-3 years, It's more likely that MU's been chasing every single one.

          Comment


          • golden wrote: View Post
            To all those who kept complaining that Masai was "doing nothing" whenever a star player came on the market the last 2-3 years, It's more likely that MU's been chasing every single one.
            Yep, just likely couldn't get a deal done. Not the right pieces. Or even something like Bird refusing to deal George in conference.

            Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • golden wrote: View Post
              To all those who kept complaining that Masai was "doing nothing" whenever a star player came on the market the last 2-3 years, It's more likely that MU's been chasing every single one.
              Agreed, and I don't even think this is a hot take.

              As Stefanski mentioned, guys are calling just to try trading their worst player for their best player. These conversations happen all the time, but the ones that tend to pick up steam are the ones being leaked to the media, obviously done to create a potential buzz and help push it forward, or backtrack it.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

              Comment


              • ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                Agreed, and I don't even think this is a hot take.

                As Stefanski mentioned, guys are calling just to try trading their worst player for their best player. These conversations happen all the time, but the ones that tend to pick up steam are the ones being leaked to the media, obviously done to create a potential buzz and help push it forward, or backtrack it.
                I wonder who the d-bags making the bad trade offers are? I'll bet Ainge is one of them.

                Masai's response was great: 'Do you have an Assistant GM opening you can offer me? Because I'll get fired if I make that trade.'
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

                Comment


                • ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                  Most definitely, he managed to acquire a player who might've turned himself into the fourth or fifth best player in the Eastern Conference.
                  I bet you DeRozan was on the table then

                  DeRozan and poeltl actually...lol

                  Pritchard got Oladipo, George got Westbrook, masai got Kawhi , and DeRozan got pop

                  Everybody wins with that non trade
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • Brad Stevens is a great coach, but the COY so far is clearly Bud, with Mike Malone a distant second. Stevens should have won it last year.

                    Comment


                    • Serious question, guys. At what point do we give Bobby Webster any credit? Is he simply Masai's coffee boy, or does he actually have his fingerprints on this roster?

                      Comment


                      • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Serious question, guys. At what point do we give Bobby Webster any credit? Is he simply Masai's coffee boy, or does he actually have his fingerprints on this roster?
                        Coffee boy.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

                        Comment


                        • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Serious question, guys. At what point do we give Bobby Webster any credit? Is he simply Masai's coffee boy, or does he actually have his fingerprints on this roster?
                          I think of it as Bobby thinks of trade scenarios, drafting players, proposes them to Masai and Masai makes any revisions and gets the final say.

                          Comment


                          • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            Coffee boy.

                            Comment


                            • A.I wrote: View Post
                              I think of it as Bobby thinks of trade scenarios, drafting players, proposes them to Masai and Masai makes any revisions and gets the final say.
                              Praise both of those men than.

                              Kawhi, D. Green and now Marc Gasol.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X